Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Kirsten
Frequent user October 2025 Alberta

2021 brides: let's connect!

Kirsten, on March 24, 2019 at 09:57 Posted in WeddingWire 0 14

The past few days i have seen an increase in 2021 brides. I want to say welcome and would love to talk to all of you beautiful ladies waiting for 24+ months approx. I would also like to say you made the right choice joining wedding wire

14 Comments

Latest activity by Veronica, on October 10, 2019 at 23:04
  • Veronica
    Newbie October 2024 Quebec
    Veronica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Hey there!
    I just got engaged on September 24, we're getting married in May 2021 in Montreal. My fiancé has his heart set on a church ceremony at our parish and then we're going to have a small reception of around 75 people at a nice hotel, we're still deciding which one. I already have my dresses (a cream ball gown for the ceremony and a champagne formfitting one for the reception), just need to have them hemmed a bit. We've started looking at other vendors but want our venue booked before we book the rest.
    I'm glad this chat is here, can't wait to connect with you all!
  • S
    Frequent user March 2021 Ontario
    Stiffra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    March 27, 2021! ☺️ I would say we’re pretty ahead of things as we’ve already booked our: ceremony venue, reception venue, florals & decor designer, photography & videography, DJ & MC, photobooth, and a calligrapher who will do all of our signage for the day! We have decided to go with Minted for our Save the Dates & invites as we love their options & quality, so we also went ahead and set up our wedding website with them as well. Our caterer is in-house through our reception venue so luckily that’s not a separate cost! Oh - we also booked our Day-Of-Coordinator as well.

The next major things on our list are:
    - Our outfits
    - The wedding party’s outfits
    - The cake
    - Coordinating with our chosen charity for our “in lieu of favours”
    - Transportation
    - Ceremony music
    - Hair & makeup
    - The wedding bands
    ..and that’s all I can think of right now!
  • Elizabeth
    Newbie August 2021 Alberta
    Elizabeth ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    August 21 2021! I’m so excited that this chat has already been started! I’m just wondering if anyone has advice for when we should go vendor shopping? I’m pretty set on the date so that makes me a little nervous!
  • Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Getting married February 20, 2021. Paid our deposit for our venue. So excited. Now I can get invitations printed next time the website has their semiannual sale. Slowly buying and making things. Going to a wedding show in September. I'll go wedding dress shopping in the new year. It's so nice to have time to plan. Congrats to everyone else getting the ball rolling
  • Hirniak
    Newbie February 2021 Ontario
    Hirniak ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi Everyone,

We will be getting married in February 2021. We have booked our planner and are looking at our first venue tomorrow! We are currently oscillating between Toronto or Niagara as our wedding location. Luckily we have time to decide Smiley smile

• Tiffany
    Frequent user August 2023 Ontario
    Tiffany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Hey ladies! Just wanted to see how everything was going planning wise for us 2021 brides. Any updates...anyone booked anything yet...bought anything yet,etc?
  • Kirsten
    Kirsten ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I am not 100% following this but I thought it might help in some cases

2021 brides: let's connect!  1
  • Kirsten
    Kirsten ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    We found a place that we really love and won't be doing with your until October but more than likely will be booking our venue come October. The only reason we haven't done it is because of me not being in town the summer. We are booking our photographer next month and venue by the end of the year. If you found one that works for you go for it. They book fast
  • Tiffany
    Tiffany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Hey y'all, question...have you guys done venue tours yet? If so have any of you booked. My FH and I just did our first two this past week and we loved one and hated the other but are unsure when we should start booking things. HELP!!

• Tiffany
    Tiffany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

2021 bride here! So excited this chat has started. Getting married in London Ontario. Newly engaged, almost a month. Just have started the wedding planning process. We are not planning on hiring a wedding planner. Our wedding is going to be small, under a 100 guests probably around 75. I am definitely concerned about missing important details as I am the first in my family to tie the knot and my FH is the first in his as well.

My FH and I have started an email just for wedding stuff. Helps keep that stuff organized and not lose track of it.

I also found these printables on line that I have now put in my binder to help with organization and time management. https://happilyeverafteretc.com/free-wedding-binder/

• S
    Stiffra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I’m also about 2 years away exactly to my wedding day! Since I’m not hiring a full-service wedding planner (just a day-of coordinator), my fiancé & I are doing all the planning ourselves. I was also concerned about missing something important but that’s the beauty of a long engagement - you get to take your time and repeatedly go over & over everything you may need and have missed initially!

How we’re staying organized and on top of everything is (1) An email specifically for wedding-related stuff that my fiancé & I made as soon as we got engaged, which we both have access to (2) Shared Google Drive through our wedding email (3) Having both digital and hard copy versions of the contracts we will be signing.

My biggest advice is just to do as much research as you can! Time is on our side and we really have all the luxury in the world to dig as deep as possible into wedding-related research to make sure your ducks are all in a row for your big day. Happy planning to you! ☺️
  • Kirsten
    Kirsten ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I am probably looking forward to when it all can really begin. I have had alot of fun preparing but alot of the vendors I cannot book yet so when I can I look forward to getting the ball rolling towards the big day
  • Cliodhna
    WeddingWire Admin January 2030 Galway
    Cliodhna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi Kirsten Smiley smile

I'm happy you're looking for your fellow 2021 engaged couples! This discussion will wonderful for you all to connect and get to know one another! Exciting times ahead!!

What are you most looking forward to in the wedding planning journey?

• S
    Stiffra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hey! Thanks so much! I'm getting married on Saturday, March 27, 2021! I'm glad to see more and more 2021 brides to talk to as well haha.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics