Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Megan
Beginner October 2019 Ontario

Advice! False eyelashes or eyelash extensions?

Megan, on January 8, 2019 at 10:21 Posted in Beauty 0 30
What do you fellow brides recommend? False strip lashes or lash extensions? What is better?

30 Comments

Latest activity by Jamie, on January 30, 2024 at 14:01
  • Jordyn
    Curious July 2023 Manitoba
    Jordyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Ouu I haven’t thought about that, thank you !
  • Celebrity
    Washington
    Celebrity ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

eyelashes have a natural and lightweight sensation that lasts for weeks because they are constructed of high-quality synthetic materials. eyelashes extension come in semi permanent and look natural. we prefer use eyelashes extension.

• J
    Pennsylvania
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I put on fake eyelashes. Infections around my eyes and on surrounding things make me quite nervous. Going somewhere for extensions makes me anxious, despite the fact that I've previously trusted a few MUAs I've worked with for events.

• J
    Newbie February 2023 Texas
    Jenny ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Yes you can also grow your eyelashes with using latisse which helps in growing our eyelashes naturally. It is more better than using fake eyelashes on your special day.

• A
    Newbie January 2007 British Columbia
    Aaron ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Lashes extension is better than false extension if you want details about eyelashes extension read here Volume Eyelashes Extension in Kelowna

• Tiana
    Curious June 2022 British Columbia
    Tiana ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I tried lash extensions but they weren't for me - I didn't feel very me in them, and I didn't like the maintenance and feeling like something was always there. So instead I'm going to get a lash lift to make my natural lashes more visible and then add in strip or individual lashes for oomph on the day of. That way, I'll still have nice curled lashes for the honeymoon!
  • A
    Newbie May 2022 Pennsylvania
    Alicia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

No need to go for eyelash extension just grow your eyelash naturally with dermal md lash growth serum it's Noticeable eyelash growth. Other people comment on my lashes. Easy to apply. I do find that other people who tell me it doesn’t work have not been applying it correctly. That is that they have applied it to skin at the top side of the lashes and not to the base of the actual lashes.

• Danielle
    Curious August 2022 Alberta
    Danielle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I have been getting lash extensions for years and will be doing that on my wedding day. I do not like false lashes, I hate the glue and I am paranoid they will fall off or be sideways in pictures lol.

If a lash tech knows what they are doing lash extensions are not damaging to your natural lashes. My lashes are fine and I have had my extensions taken off a few times. It can just be surprising to see versus having them on.

They are expensive and you will need to get them removed from a lash tech after the wedding if you don't want to continue with them, otherwise just waiting for them to fall off they look terrible after 4 weeks.

• A
    New Jersey
    Amber ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I have tried both options with varying levels of success. In my humble opinion, if you have the time, the best option is to add an eyelash grow product to your nightly routine to grow your lashes naturally. I have tried quite a few products, the one I have had the most success with is made by Esme Faron.
  • Stacey Tc
    Devoted August 2022 Saskatchewan
    Stacey Tc ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm doing false lashes. Things close to my eyes freak me out in terms of infections. I have a few MUAs I've worked with in the past for shows that I trust, but going somewhere for extensions freaks me out!

• Diana
    Newbie June 2021 Illinois
    Diana ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I've tried fake eyelashes as eyelashes extension. And based on my experience, I would instead recommend fake eyelashes than eyelashes extension. After I had been wearing eyelashes extension for two weeks, my skin started to irritate my eyelid, and I also had a slight swelling. So, I told myself I would never have eyelashes extension again. I spent a lot of money and what was that for? To have irritated skin and wearing sunglasses to hide my eyes? No. I wear fake eyelashes that are safe, and it's much better for my natural eyelashes because it doesn't hurt them.

• K
    Newbie January 2020 Ontario
    Kevin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I recommend false eyelashes than extensions. They can damage your natural eyelashes.

• Stephanie
    Beginner May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I say ask your makeup artist! (If you’re having one that is.) I was SOOOO sure I wanted eyelash extensions beforehand - just easier for day-of and no watering eyes for fake-lash application, etc.

But then, after having my makeup trial done - turns out my particular artist HATES working with them! I was told foundation, bronzer, eyeshadow, etc will fall onto the extensions and cause a big mess (which is hard to clear away without leaving colours on the lashes) and apparently it’s not recommended to put mascara on extensions either!!! So we’d just hope for the best to “blow off” any makeup fallout.

After learning of this and listening to the makeup artist (as she is the professional!) I am going fake-lashes all the way!!!!! (Plus they’re typically included with bridal makeup - so less costs for you!)
  • Mary
    Curious October 2019 Ontario
    Mary ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'd recommend false strip lashes! I used to get lash extensions for some time but had to stop so im very familiar with it. I love makeup but it was always so hard to do my eye shadow and eye linder because it would fall on the extensions and you cant put mascara so it was just extra clean up. Also if you get extensions on the wedding day and put lots of makeup, it will be hard taking it off at night. At least with the strips you can just take them off at the end of the night

• Natasha
    Devoted June 2019 Ontario
    Natasha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Someone actually recommended Both and that’s most likely what I’ll do. Lash extension prob the night before and then when my makeup artist does it she will put a strip for extra umph. Then after wedding I take or the strips and have the lash extensions for the honeymoon as we are leaving right after. The lash tech said it’s normal to do and should cause an issue. I’m going to make sure she does it a little fuller so if any falls out won’t be noticeable
  • Nikki
    Curious September 2019 Saskatchewan
    Nikki ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I will be going with the standard strip lashes. I spent 25 years as a dancer, and am now a burlesque performer so glueing on lashes is easy peasy for me and I'm super used to them. I have really bad allergies, and rub my eyes way too much to be able to handle extensions, plus I don't want to have to deal with the maintenance of lashes on top of the maintenance I already need for my nails.

• Alycia
    Expert March 2020 Ontario
    Alycia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I don’t like using anything because I don’t like how that fake stuff feels. I’ve tried both, I preferred the extensions for the look and the fact that they don’t fall off or require hours of glueing lol.. not hours but you know what I mean lol.

Someone that knows what their doing can get it done within an hour and the results are awesome, I considered keeping up with the refills but I decided against it to save money, I’m lucky to have naturally long lashes, the extensions were awesome for my prom though, I’d consider it for the wedding day. But I’m just taking extra care of my lashes using a serum on them every night for now.

• Julie
    Expert March 2019 Ontario
    Julie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    After having my makeup trial today, I have definitely decided on lash extensions. My makeup artist has extensions and they look amazing! She wasn't wearing any other makeup or mascara and I was impressed. I won't be able to keep up with the maintenance fees but knowing I can't cry them off on Our Wedding Day and that they'll look nice on our Honeymoon makes it worth it to me.
  • Brittany
    British Columbia
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I was a total advocate for lash extensions (even though I've never had them before) and I was DETERMINED to get them for my wedding... but then I did my sisters make up last month, and just putting on eyeshadow and brushing her lash extensions, I made 2 fans fall out. I could probably avoid that on the day, and be careful, but the point of getting lashes for me was to have them for our honeymoon (leaving for almost 2 weeks from the wedding on a cruise)... and I want to do my make-up for dinners without worrying about loosening all my extensions.

So now I'm just getting some tried and true lash strips. I love them, I know they last, and I like how they look. No guess work, no missing lashes, no problem.

• Julie
    Expert March 2019 Ontario
    Julie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I was going to do the extensions for my Mom and I but thinking of the cost I'm going to get false eyelashes at my makeup trial to see what I think. I'm an emotional person on the best day so I'm definitely nervous about crying then off.
  • Kaisha
    Super March 2019 Nova Scotia
    Kaisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I have a few friends who have gotten eyelash extensions and they have said its something once you do you need to continue. I will definitely do fake as I do not have the time/money/patience to commit to extensions.

• Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I’m going with eyelash extensions. I had them for a year and loved them!! They look much more natural on me vs fake lashes.

They are expensive to maintain depending on where you go (refills are about 2-3 weeks). I didn’t find mine super high maintenance but they can fall off while sleeping.

Regardless, for me, I’m going to go with my extensions!
  • Stephanie
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I am doing fake! The team who is doing my makeup on our wedding day offers extensions and she told me to stick with the fake lashes!

Extensions are good for say... a honeymoon or something when you DONT want to have to do your makeup! Apparently most extensions you cant put mascara on them! So if you want very full/dramatic lashes it is much better to go with the fake!

• Jennifer
    Super July 2019 Ontario
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm going with fake lashes. i personally can't justify the cost of eyelash extensions. around here a set is anywere from 80-130. to last for only 1-2 weeks. and i also rub my eyes a lot. which is a huge no no for extensions.

• Casey
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I personally will be going with fake eye lashes for the big day!

I have danced for many years of my life and am used to fake eyelashes for long periods of time. Even through long days of dance competitions I have never had any problems with them.

When it comes to extensions they are quite expensive, and require maintenance if you want to keep them on after the wedding.

Overall, I think it will comes down to personal preference, and budget!

• Lisa
    Expert August 2019 Alberta
    Lisa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I went for a hair an makeup trial and asked the make up artist about this - and she highly prefers false lashes over extensions. I've had both, and as much as I liked not having to put the false ones on (I almost never do) I didn't find the extensions comfortable - but maybe that is just the type I had.

I'll be using false lashes for my wedding day. Smiley smile

• Chelsea
    Super June 2020 Alberta
    Chelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Whoops! wrong link!

!www.shopbloomlashes.com
  • Chelsea
    Super June 2020 Alberta
    Chelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    As someone who’s worn both, I would say to false strip lashes are your best bet. Lash extensions are great, but they really are a commitment and they can be damaging to
    your natural lashes. Also, the thing about lash extensions is that they’re mean to create a very natural everyday “I woke up like this” look, and I know that on my wedding day, I want more pizazz than that. I would just buy a few pairs of strip lashes to get used to wearing on the big day, and maybe try a few glues and see what works best for you! I wear strip lashes a lot and have NEVER had them fall off on a night out. I would HIGHLY recommend Bloom Lashes, and their glue as well. The lashes are reusable and STUNNING! I personally love the Silk Collection! Dont forget with any lashes to trim them to fit the shape of your eye or they can get uncomfortable! www.shopbloomlashes.ca
  • Michelle
    Expert April 2019 Alberta
    Michelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

A big WIN for lash extensions on your wedding day: YOU DON'T HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT CRYING YOUR LASHES OFF! And you may think that you won't cry but with emotions running high all day you never know what will get you lol

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I have never used either as my eyelashes are too long for my liking as is - but here are some pros/cons

False Lashes Pros/Cons

· Can take them off

· Choose any style and change it up

· I assume they cost less?

· Can buy reusable ones right? Or in general you can reuse if you clean them

· Can lose a falsie!

Extensions

· Last longer

· Wear them day in and day out

· Can’t take them off if you don’t want them anymore

· Have to maintain them

· Cost more

· Takes like 3 hours to do

· When they start to fall out you either have to pay more to fill them or look funny Smiley tongue

Overall I would go with the fake eyelashes

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics