Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

C
Curious April 2020 Alberta

Beauty Opinions

Cassie, on August 13, 2019 at 17:31 Posted in Beauty 0 13

Hi Everyone,

Looking for some insight on what everyone is planning on doing for their make-up/beauty!

Getting lashes done? or trying a serum? I have a friend who had amazing luck with Lilash eyelash serum, but my bridesmaids keep pushing for me to spend a pretty penny to get lash extensions instead..

We have a destination wedding planned for Mexico next April and I just don't want to spend money on something that could potentially fall out because of humidity.

13 Comments

Latest activity by Rayanne, on August 20, 2019 at 13:59
  • Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Going to go with fake I think. If I got the last extensions I'd want them all the time and I can't afford the time or money for the up keep of them lol.
  • Kelly
    Devoted May 2020 Ontario
    Kelly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Lash extensions are totally worth it
  • C
    Cassie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Oo I’ll have to check that out! My friend used Lilash and the results were insane just over a couple months too.
  • Miav
    Devoted September 2020 Alberta
    Miav ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    You're welcome! Smiley smile i have heard from a MUA friend about a "Lash Lift" kit from Amazon that she highly recommends! I haven't tried it so I can't vouch but she said it's really good
  • C
    Cassie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I have the same issue ! I have nice lashes and I love them so I don’t want them to be ruined for one day. I have a friend who used a lash serum so I’m just going to try that and use a good mascara day of!

I appreciate everyones feed back! It gave me a lot to think about so thank you thank you !!
  • Miav
    Devoted September 2020 Alberta
    Miav ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I personally avoid lash extensions as the attached lashes may stress your real ones, and will fall out with your real lashes, making it sparser than before getting the extensions! Smiley cry It depends on where you get the extensions done I guess, but there is always that risk. You also have to change your eye makeup remover to something that won't remove the extensions when you wash your face everyday

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Getting pushed for what you don't believe is needed, don't go that way for extra planning. Some brides choose to have some back ups if they need to use it. Some will not and go simple on the make up.

Don't let your bridal party make your decisions for you as you know yourself best for how you want to look and on the temperature of the destination wedding. Stick to your guns and say sure yet not actually doing it.

• Madisyn
    Expert February 2020 Ontario
    Madisyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are getting married in Punta Cana next April, and I'm definitely getting lash extensions! I plan to go with a thicker set right before we leave so that they still look full even if I lose a few. I will also be packing a few false sets just in case!
  • Pacifica West
    Beginner August 2019 British Columbia
    Pacifica West ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I personally opted for airbrush makeup to help keep things in place - which I was grateful for because I cried WAY more than anticipated.
    I choose a natural look with bright red lipstick for a little bit of glam - my MUA matched my lip colour to my red nails
    I considered getting lash extensions for my wedding too, and also serums- but ended up going with the falsies included with the package I choose because it was something I’m familiar with wearing and didn’t want to take any chances with being uncomfortable in any way- but that’s just me-
    the nice thing about falsies is you can save your wedding day lashes for special occasions - or even just a memory of the day - and you can take them off if they start to irritate your eyes (especially if you are crying 🙂)

good luck with your plans
  • Amanda
    Super June 2019 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Having said that, I always get extensions for vacations because I leave all my make up at home... and never once have I had them fall out, and I am in the water ALL the time when I'm away. Between the heat, swimming and rubbing salt water out of my eyes they always last.

• Amanda
    Super June 2019 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I love lash extensions but I opted for fakes the day of because they're darker and more dramatic. Fakes look great in pictures.. and then you can take them off at the end of the night.

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We will be DIY'ing makeup. That and all natural lashes. I say do it yourself or have one of your BM's that is good at makeup do it.

• Casey
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I contemplated lash extensions but for me the price was not worth it and then having to keep up with them afterwards
    For me just doing fake lashes. It’s only one day and it’s a cheaper price than extensions.
    I have tried fiber lash mascara and it worked really good.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics