Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Laura
Curious September 2018 Quebec

Bridal Room Getting Ready

Laura, on April 23, 2018 at 10:23 Posted in Before the wedding 0 21

Hi ladies,

I am planning on getting ready at my mom's house before the wedding. Where did you guys get ready before your ceremony? And is there anything you regret or wish you did differently? Or loved? What tips could you give me for what room I choose and how to set it up nicely!

21 Comments

Latest activity by Laura, on April 27, 2018 at 09:31
  • Laura
    Laura ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That is very special to be able to get ready in your childhood bedroom. It is the place where you had all those beautiful dreams of being a bride one day!

• Laura
    Laura ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Definitely! Gives some romantic vibes too to know we are just floors apart yet you can't see each other. It also gives me the opportunity to see the groomsmen and the ring bearer before and he can see the flower girl and bridesmaid.

• Laura
    Laura ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Love this. Definitely super romantic!!Smiley heart

• Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That's great how everyone will be at the same location so you can coordinate when you leave for the ceremony and whatnot Smiley smile

• Laura
    Laura ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Actually we have a really unique situation...unless it changes but right now my fiancé and I are both getting ready at my moms house. She has a downstairs with it’s own side door to get in and out so he will be downstairs with his groomsmen and I will be upstairs with my bridesmaids.
    You definitely need to get ready with your closest girlfriends! That’s an experience I really want.
  • Bianca
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I never thought of asking someone to be a taxi service but that might work out! I think we might do a limo just for the sake of getting people from my moms house to the ceremony site to the reception site. The logistics are so difficult!

Are you getting ready with your bridal party or alone?

• Laura
    Laura ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Are you planning on having a limo or some sort of vehicle that will transport everyone to the ceremony and/or reception? Can they pick everyone up and drop them off at your house? Some companies offer that just like they offer night service to return home after the event.

If not maybe one of your friends or family member can volunteer to be a taxi in the morning!! Who would say no to the bride????

• Cathrine
    Devoted April 2018 Ontario
    Cathrine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I got ready at my parents house. I slept in my childhood bedroom the night before. My mother and father kept commenting on how nice it was to have all us girls back under their roof and to be together while getting ready. It was really nice. We even managed with 6 women getting ready and only one bathroom.

• Bianca
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We're aiming to get ready at my moms house and I'm confident with that decision. I'm just wondering how the logisitics of everyone getting to her house wuld work since some of my bridesmaids don't have cars.

• Jen
    VIP June 2018 Ontario
    Jen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We will be getting ready in a suite in the hotel we will be married at. It will be so much easier to have everything in one spot. The only thing that sucks will be having to bring everything there. If I forget something though I only live about 2 blocks from the hotel at least.

• Joey
    WeddingWire Admin May 2015 Maryland
    Joey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I got ready at my parents' house too, it was very sentimental and I was happy with the choice. It worked well because it was close to the church and my parents have a large master bathroom where we could all fit comfortably. I especially loved that I could get dressed in the room where I grew up, and my cat could be in my getting ready pictures Smiley heart

• Candace
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Candace ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My venue has a hotel onsite and we get a complimentary king suite for the night of our wedding that doubles as my bridal suite the morning of.
    The suite has a bunch of windows that allow the natural light in and one window opens up to some trees so it's all green behind it so it will be a nice backdrop. It's also very spacious so I think that and the natural light is perfect for getting ready Smiley smile
  • Amanda
    Super August 2018 Alberta
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I’m getting ready at my FSIL’s house. They have a beautiful main floor with lots of room for all of us girls to get ready. And it’ll make for some pretty photos too! I just have NO idea where the guys are getting ready.
  • Alexandra
    VIP November 2019 British Columbia
    Alexandra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My mum’s house is less than five minutes away from the venue, so that’s where I’ll be getting ready. Plus it’s spacious so there’s room for people
  • Stacey
    Frequent user October 2019 Ontario
    Stacey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We have a bridal room attached to the golf locker room which is pretty nice, has showers and everything. We are still debating since our hotel will be down the road.

My FH will be in the men’s locker room beside the women’s so it will be sort of romantic knowing we are so close to eachother
  • Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I got ready in the house at the property where our wedding took place. It was pretty quiet and relaxed which was really nice. I would say to make sure that you are in a room that has lots of light, some chairs and a table, and make sure it is easy to communicate with your wedding party and venue.

• Chloe
    Super May 2018 Ontario
    Chloe ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We’ve got a room at our venue! It’s great and has a lot of light.
  • Stephanie
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

This is still in debate for us! My mom wants us to get ready at the hotel we'll be staying at... but I have other ideas haha!

My fiance lives beside his Best Man, so I REALLY want the guys to get ready at his friends house and then the girls can get ready at his house!

• Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We're both getting ready in separate rooms at our venue

• Jessica
    Super March 2018 Ontario
    Jessica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I got ready at the hotel where our reception was being held and the groom got ready at his parent's house. I think it was perfect because while I had to get up a little earlier so I would be ready to travel to the church (about a 30 minute drive), it worked well for the groom since he was only 5 minutes away and could get some last minute things done.

My sister-in-law got ready for her wedding at her house, and found it so relaxin, because she literally just came out of bed and was ready. I suggest you either get some food platters (fruit) for the morning of to snack on, or get someone to go and get you some food. If you have hair stylists coming, choose a place for them to set up that has a few plugs for their curling irons and such. We had trouble finding a spot for them in the hotel room for this. The MUA can be anywhere, but closer to a window is best so they have some natural light (at least that's where mine chose to set up). They will tell you if they would rather set up somewhere else.

• Becky
    VIP September 2019 Ontario
    Becky ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We decided on locations close to the venue's because we wanted the photographer to take photo's and not use huge amount of her time with travel time. Girls getting ready at his sisters house and he's getting ready at the reception venue as there are cabins we are staying in there. As for setup, it depends on photo's you want. Are you meaning for makeup and hair? make sure you have a table clear for them and their products.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics