Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Renee
Devoted October 2018 Ontario

Bridesmaid dresses nightmare!

Renee, on June 24, 2018 at 01:27 Posted in Wedding fashion 0 12
Due to some odd fluke or as David's Bridal called it "manufacturers defect" I had to re-order 7 bridemaids dresses today because 5 came in a different colour. We also re-ordered the 2 that hadn't come in yet just in case. Overall, I don't find David's was very sympathetic to my issue as I was told I could just refund them all and reorder different ones first before the option of simply reordering was offered. I am a very detailed oriented person and therefore bride, so I'm lucky I even caught the colour discrepancy. I discovered it when my two sisters were trying on dresses and they were different colours but were both supposed to be Biscotti. I brought in both dresses to which David's response first was that one was mesh and one was chiffon which is why there was a colour difference. I was told to change out the dresses that also happened to be mesh but discovered today that it was a case of a bad colour batch. I have 10 bridemaids and it's hard to coordinate them as is let alone to deal with such a huge mishap when we are also dealing with timelines. I know we all see these little horror stories from time to time in the community but it is so true when ladies say STAY ON TOP OF YOUR VENDORS! Here's hoping my dresses make it in on time for alterations!

12 Comments

Latest activity by Renee, on June 25, 2018 at 19:49
  • Renee
    Renee ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

It's true. I think we find our vendors and love them but forget they are human and can slip up or make errors. After all they have a HUGE volume of people they are helping. Us keeping close to them saves us stress such as this ugh lol

• Renee
    Renee ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Exactly! The MANAGER at one point asked me if I just wanted to refund everything and start over. Mind you my wedding is in OCTOBER and I have 10 bridesmaids, 10 very different schedules. I was livid!!

• Jennifer
    Super July 2019 Ontario
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Ooohhhh man. that really sucks. i'm sorry.
    I've purchased a LOT of bridesmaid dresses over the years from david's bridal. and never had issues. always had great customer service.

definitely good advice to stay on top of your vendors though. even just those check ins

• Marcia
    Super August 2018 Manitoba
    Marcia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Sorry to hear this happened to you, very good to know, I also ordered my bridesmaid dresses from Davids Bridal! Glad you caught it and hopefully the make it right! You should ask for a gift card to the store as a sorry gift!

• Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Oh that is frustrating! I have to agree with someone here that the selection at David's Bridal is great but the customer service is frequently lacking. I am glad you were on top things and hope everything works out for you.

• Courtney
    Super July 2018 Ontario
    Courtney ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think David's has a great selection, but their customer service is SEVERELY lacking. I'm glad you caught it and that you got them to make it right.

I'm probably just annoyed with them cause I bought my dress, and my four bridesmaid dresses there... and they still make you pay $10 for a nice bag (instead of just the drycleaner style plastic) bags to put them in. Just not a great finishing touch.

• B
    Devoted September 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Yikes! Good luck! I hope they don’t make the same mistake again!
  • Stephanie
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you!! I have been cautious about the 2 different materials which is why I'm sticking to the same dress for everyone! Feel like itll just be overall easier/safer! I'm just hoping we can order them all at once! Stay in the same colour batch
  • Renee
    Renee ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Please do, I guess because they are such a massive company it is very easy for errors to occur and for stylists to also not be educated on certain things. Ask all the questions and try to stick to same material as well. They didn't earn us about that so some of the dresses do look different in say a mesh vs chiffon but it's not as noticeable as when it was 2 different colours! Good luck Smiley winking
  • Stephanie
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Oh jeeze I'm so sorry this happened to you but thank you for sharing with us!! I'll keep on David's Bridal when I order my 5 dresses!!
  • Tyanna
    Super June 2019 British Columbia
    Tyanna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Oh no! I'm glad you caught that, hopefully they get it right this time 😪

I'm making all of my girls order from ththe same designer so we know the colors will match, but I dont mind if they pick different dresses since they're paying for them!
  • Brittany
    British Columbia
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Yikes! This is the stuff my nightmares are made of. I told my girls they would be in navy, and my sisters response was "so if I find a dress at another store in navy that's fine?" Umm.. no. There are so many different shades of navy. David's bridal even has 2, both navy and marine, depending on the dress, and fabric...
    I'm a detials person too. Good for you to make sure they get it right. You're a paying customer, and negative reviews spreading through the bridal community can be devastating if they don't react in a reasonable manner!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics