Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Stacey
Frequent user October 2019 Ontario

Ceremony Decor

Stacey, on April 23, 2018 at 19:52 Posted in Wedding ceremony 0 20

Although I am in the very beginning of the wedding decor planning process, I often find myself wondering what I decor the ceremony will have. What ideas have you ladies chosen or want to choose? Besides locking down the decor for your reception space, has anyone started thinking or planning their decor for their ceremony?

Are you using an Archway?

Will you be doing something fancy in the aisle way?

A carpet? maybe some peddles? some candles?

weddingpinmeme.png

20 Comments

Latest activity by Jennifer, on May 24, 2018 at 15:19
  • Jennifer
    Super July 2019 Ontario
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Most church weddings I have been to only have decorations at the front pews. totally normal. and they will usually do every other row. just to spread out the decos a bit more without cost being high

• Cindy
    Devoted July 2019 Ontario
    Cindy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I have about 25 pews from the back to the front of the church. I'm trying to reduce the cost and set up (time and labour) of the church decor. Is it okay to just decorate the first 4 or 5 pews of the church and the altar? I'm thinking vases with silk flowers as the pews are oddly shaped and I think would make it difficult to hang ribbon/tulle. It would be an easy set up as there will be a wedding before ours. I really like the fairy lights too but I don't know how to hang them with these pews. I also want to do canvas pew signs of love quotes with the vase of flowers. I'd like your opinions.
  • J
    Devoted June 2019 Ontario
    JuneBride ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

This is what I would like to do.

Use flameless candles and have baby's-breath instead of flowers, on every third pew.Ceremony Decor 1

Thinking of having this aisle runnerCeremony Decor 2

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We didn't set up anything for the wedding decor as it was simple and elegant having the white stand out on the green grass.

Reception wise again simple and elegant with just a vase and floral ball centerpeice. Sunshine from the windows was just right.
  • Stephanie
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That's what I was thinking too! Maybe not on every pew but every other or something a small bouquet would be nice! Not sure how to attach them but I'm sure the church will know or have recommendations.

• Stacey
    Stacey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    You could always have something at the end of the pews? Maybe some flowers or pretty linen?
  • Jen
    VIP June 2018 Ontario
    Jen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Our ceremony is outdoors. We are just doing decor for the backdrop and that is it.

• Amanda
    Super August 2018 Alberta
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Our ceremony is outdoors at a gardens that has a gazebo. We actually aren’t allowed to bring anything in. No confetti, rice, or birdseed. Nor flower petals for the flower girl. We can have aisle markers if we really want, but no aisle runner. So we just arent having anything. Thankfully, the flowers in the garden should be decoration enough.
  • Stephanie
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I don't think the church allows too much in terms of decoration, I want to do an isle runner, maybe some petals?

Also hoping we can use a few of the centrepieces at the front and then bring them back to the reception hall after!

• Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We had an outdoor ceremony so mostly the landscape was our decor. We had a few things of flowers around but that was it really.

• Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are having an arch for the ceremony. My SIL will be putting flowers on it.

Ceremony Decor 3

Other than that, we will have flower pots along the aisle and also as the centrepieces for the reception. I'm not doing much else for the reception decor. The venue has a backdrop, and we are doing paper lanterns and lights. Pretty much it.

• Cherry
    Devoted October 2019 Quebec
    Cherry ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I am planning to have the ceremony outside and I hope it won't rain that day. Since the venue is already including the decoration for the reception inside the hall and also the setup of the ceremony outside, I don't have to spend any money on decorations.

CeremonyCeremony Decor 4

ReceptionCeremony Decor 5

• Chloe
    Super May 2018 Ontario
    Chloe ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    It’s in May (26 days away! Yay!). Believe it or not that photo was taken in May as well...I know it looks like Fall.
  • Andie
    Expert May 2019 Ontario
    Andie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Oh, don’t worry about stealing ideas, I don’t think any wedding has truly original ideas at this point, lol! That venue is beautiful!
  • Stacey
    Stacey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That will look very pretty! What season will your wedding be in?
  • Chloe
    Super May 2018 Ontario
    Chloe ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We’re having very little ceremony decor. It’s outside, and there are a lot of trees, so I’m not too concerned about decor. I think we might put some flower planters on the aisles. The last bride to use our venue put flowers on the aisles, and I think it looked nice!

Ceremony Decor 6
  • Jennifer
    Super August 2018 Alberta
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We’re having an outdoor ceremony and plan to use shepherds hooks and mason jars with baby’s breath in them for the isle. A decorated arch, to get married under and most likely hay bales to sit on. My fiancé’s aunt has a greenhouse on the farm so she’s planting flowers for us to decorate with as well. We have a sign that says pick a seat not a side... etc. I think that’s it for the most part right now.
  • Stacey
    Stacey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That sounds very simple and pretty!
    we are having our ceremony at the venue (photo below) but the ceiling is so pretty that I’m unsure of how to decorate the rest of the room. The venue has a birch arch way dressed with linen so maybe caves and candles like you’ve decided on (not try to steal ideas or anything Smiley laugh )

Ceremony Decor 7
  • Maegan
    Super July 2018 British Columbia
    Maegan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are having next to no decor at our ceremony at this point.... But its in a park so its already real pretty!
  • Andie
    Expert May 2019 Ontario
    Andie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I’ve just started to plan the ceremony decor. We are thinking petals and vases with candles along the aisle, and using our extra chair sashes for tying on the pew ends. We are also putting seashells along the edge of our church, and maybe glass vases and wreaths in the windows/hanging on the walls.
    what kind of venue are you having your ceremony in?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics