Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Sonia
Newbie July 2018 Quebec

Ceremony entrance

Sonia, on April 22, 2018 at 15:51 Posted in Wedding ceremony 0 16

Need some advice!

We will not have any bridesmaids or ushers at the wedding. The walk to the alter is short and the ceremony will take place outdoors.

Should the maid of honour go down the aisle or not?

If so, alone or with the best man?

Or, should I go down the aisle with my dad (no one before us)? What are your thoughts?

Thanks in advance!

16 Comments

Latest activity by Bianca, on May 2, 2018 at 23:17
  • Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I would send your MOH and BM down together or MOH then BM THEN you and your father.

• Sonia
    Newbie July 2018 Quebec
    Sonia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Yes, that's certainly something to consider.

• Sonia
    Newbie July 2018 Quebec
    Sonia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Good call, I'll do that!

• Sonia
    Newbie July 2018 Quebec
    Sonia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Very true, thank you.

• Sonia
    Newbie July 2018 Quebec
    Sonia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thank you for your advice

• Sonia
    Newbie July 2018 Quebec
    Sonia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Thank you so much!

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    MOH and BM can walk first to give you the grand entrance with your dad. If you want to save the time and surpass the MOH & BM thats an alternative. Both way works.

Our day was planned to have indian traditions included with the regular traditions. There isn't wedding party in the indian wedding. We included a wedfing party.
  • Lor
    Frequent user August 2018 Ontario
    Lor ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I like this idea.

Id like to suggest that the FH and his parents go down first, Your mom, then your MOH and BM go down, Then lastly, you and your dad

• Lucy
    Frequent user July 2019 Ontario
    Lucy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think if the MOH goes down the aisle, it sort of prepares everyone that "the main event" is starting, rather than just bam! Here's the bride! Gives them a few extra seconds to turn around or get their cameras ready, you know?

• Jennifer
    Super August 2018 Alberta
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Ah I see, then I think to keep it as short as possible I’d say just have them both up there already but honestly either way will look nice whether they walk before you or not. You could also ask your MOH what she thinks. I know mine would love to skip the walk lol she’s nervous about it and her speech.
  • Sonia
    Newbie July 2018 Quebec
    Sonia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thank you!

• Holly
    VIP June 2019 Ontario
    Holly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Either will work. Your MOH can be in place already. It think it will be cute for the MOH and BM to walk together since it's just them. But honestly either will be good. Whatever you and your fiance and the BM and MOH are comfortable with will work. At the end of the day people are more excited to see you and your groom.
  • Sonia
    Newbie July 2018 Quebec
    Sonia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi Jennifer, thanks again. We want to make it as short as possible - it's a really small wedding and we don't want all the pomp. So when I say it's just me and my dad, we do not want the minister or anyone else to go down (the groom will await at the alter). We are only questioning if the MOH (and possibly the best man) should go down before we enter as her music would play for 10 seconds or so (the time to go down the VERY small aisle) and the my music would change and start for another 10 seconds when I go down!?!

• Jennifer
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Ohhh I see! Well you could definitely have them standing up there already if you want, but I would probably still have them walk down I think it will help set the tone of the ceremony if that makes sense? Lol but music will help with that too! If you have prelude music and then something more dramatic for you guests will get what’s happening. You could just have the officiant, groom, best man and MOH (they could walk separately if you want to space things out a bit) then you and your father? You could practice it at rehearsal and change it up if you don’t like it too.
  • Sonia
    Newbie July 2018 Quebec
    Sonia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Hello Jennifer, thank you for your reply. We do not have a flower girl or ring bearer. The parents are not going down the aisle either. Only me and my dad + maybe the maid of honour (and maybe the best man?). That is the question in itself. Since no one else is going down the aisle, should the maid of honour go down, or just me and my dad? Thanks again!

• Jennifer
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I would have them walk down the isle too, it’s up to you if you want them to walk together or not. Will you have a flower girl and ring bearer? You could have your Officiant go first then patents of the groom, mother of the bride, groom, best man and MOH, ring bearer, flower girl and then you and your dad or something like that, it’s realy up to you guys! Smiley smile

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics