Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Melanie
Beginner September 2019 Ontario

Costco Flowers Prep

Melanie, on January 21, 2019 at 17:13 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 5

Hello!
Curious to know how far in advance I should order my bulk flowers from Costco and when they arrive, how to store or care for them prior to the wedding. Has anyone had good experiences or negative experiences doing their own flowers? I live in Toronto if this helps!

5 Comments

Latest activity by Catherine, on January 27, 2019 at 08:59
  • Catherine
    Frequent user July 2020 Quebec
    Catherine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I am looking into it as well. They usually recommend cutting the stems (45 degree angle) and keeping it in water with a special food powder dissolved inside. They sell them online, or may come with the costco flowers, not sure, but it increases the longevity.
    My friend did her own bouquet (came out great), but she didn't order the flowers, she bought roses the day before at a costco and then went to a florist to buy some greenery and a few special flowers.
  • K
    Expert June 2019 Ontario
    Kim ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I have heard nothing but good things about Costco flowers... I think they recommend having them delivered 2 days prior. And I'm pretty sure they give you detailed instructions about storing/caring for them.

I'm ordering bulk flowers as well but from a local flower farm... I'll pick them up the day before and have been told to trim them and keep them in fresh water in the basement where it's cool but not in a fridge as it's too cold.
  • Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

All I know about storing real flowers is that they do best in a fridge! But ya... that's all I know...

• Julie
    Expert March 2019 Ontario
    Julie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I spoke to the flower Lady at Costco and she said for Wedding orders, that you need to place your order 3 weeks in advance which was all I asked about.
  • Hélène
    Devoted September 2019 Alberta
    Hélène ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I found some great flower care advice on fiftyflowers.com.
    I haven’t ordered flowers yet but am strongly considering Costco. I’m looking forward to reading the responses to your post!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics