Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Tori
Top October 2019 Manitoba

Custom Ring Roll Call!

Tori, on January 21, 2019 at 16:34 Posted in Wedding fashion 0 30

Hello everybody!

Who doesn't like to see a nice ring right? Let me see your custom rings!! Here is mine:

Custom Ring Roll Call! 1

It is a hear shaped diamond with a thick band. I described what I wanted to my Fiancé and he designed it! He will also be designing our wedding bands and I can't wait to get them! They are basically the same, they both have our birthstones but on mine it has his first and then mine and for his it has my birthstone first and then his. He said it's because he puts me first and I put him first Smiley laugh

What are some things that you customized on your ring? Was there a secret meaning behind it or just something you really wanted in a ring that you couldn't find in the store?

30 Comments

Latest activity by Tori, on February 12, 2019 at 22:58
  • Tori
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Beautiful! And oh my god - I actually love the idea of a bent nail as a ring!! I wish I would have thought of that for when I proposed to my FH!! (He's a carpenter...)

• T
    Curious September 2020 Ontario
    Trish ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I am not a big flashy ring kind of girl... I work with my hands a lot - woodworking and farm work so a big ring just isn’t practical for me. I love my ring so much. We joke I would have been happy with a bent nail but honestly I couldn’t be happier.

Custom Ring Roll Call! 2
  • Rachael
    Super October 2019 Ontario
    Rachael ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I love this! I'm a sucker for morganite and rose gold together.

• Sydney
    Expert August 2018 Ontario
    Sydney ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thank you! I'm in love with it Smiley love

• Amanda
    Frequent user September 2021 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Actually found the design online about a year ago. I told him that would be the ring I would want. I love my fiancé but he doesn't have the greatest of memory when it comes to things like this. I was completely shocked that he remembered!
  • Tori
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Beautiful! Did you design it with your Fiancé or did he/you do it all on his/your own?

• Amanda
    Frequent user September 2021 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I love mine! I have always had a love for vintage looks.

Custom Ring Roll Call! 3
  • Tori
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

So sparkly!! I love how the wedding band goes so well with the engagement ring!

• Sydney
    Expert August 2018 Ontario
    Sydney ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Who doesn’t love looking at their ring?! 😍

Custom Ring Roll Call! 4

Custom Ring Roll Call! 5
  • Tori
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That is stunning!! I normally don't go for yellow gold - but your ring is just... I want it Smiley tongue

• Maegan
    Frequent user August 2021 Ontario
    Maegan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My FH designed my ring because he couldn't find the vintage/ classic or detail work he wanted in any of the ready to purchase rings. Plus once he found out custom was an option he thought it was the greatest thing. I have to say I lovee that I can tell people how much heart and effort he put into it! Its my favourite brag even a year later 😁

Custom Ring Roll Call! 6
  • Tori
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That is a beautiful thing to do Smiley smile I especially like the idea of passing it down to a future kid of yours!

• Tori
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

White gold? (If so, samers!!) What were you leaning towards for your ring? Will you be having input into the wedding band or are you guys going to be buying each others?

• Sivan
    Newbie February 2022 Alberta
    Sivan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Mine is a custom rose gold and morganite engagement ring. The diamond under the main stone and some of the small diamonds are from my mother-in-law’s engagement ring. My FH’s dad passed away early in our relationship and his mom wanted a part of their love to be represented in it. We are planning to pass it down to our future son (hopefully) and there is enough space on the other side to add another diamond, to represent their new love.

Custom Ring Roll Call! 7
  • Cindy
    Devoted July 2019 Ontario
    Cindy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Here it is!!

Custom Ring Roll Call! 8
  • Julie
    Expert March 2019 Ontario
    Julie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you Tori! 🤗
  • Emily
    Curious June 2019 Ontario
    Emily ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    LOL okay I didn’t want to sound too obsessed but yea pretty much all the time
  • Tori
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Do you have any pictures of your ring??
  • Tori
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That is so cool that they match!! I for sure can't wait till an anniversary comes up so that I can possibly get something to match my ring!

• Cindy
    Devoted July 2019 Ontario
    Cindy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Your ring is beautiful! Mine is not custom but I love him for getting me a ring that i wasn't ever expecting to have!
  • Sharlene
    Expert August 2019 Alberta
    Sharlene ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Custom Ring Roll Call! 9

We borrowed the main design of the four baguettes and the main princess cut stone and ended up changing the setting of the main stone to be north and south facing. I have a diamond necklace that is set the same way that I wear daily, so my ring and necklace match.

• Tori
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Time to time?? Every time I look down at my hand (even when typing on the computer) I take a moment to stare at my ring 😂

• Emily
    Curious June 2019 Ontario
    Emily ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I loved the asymmetrical style and my FH absolutely nailed it. I’ve been engaged for just under a year and still just stare at it from time to time

Custom Ring Roll Call! 10
  • Tori
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

My Fiancé is the same way!! I just like to pick what looks pretty - I'm the same way with cars. I don't care about much other than "ohhhh that looks pretty" and that's about all you can get out of me 😂

• Casey
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Tori you ring is beautiful! I can't wait to see the wedding band!

My engagement ring is just a single stone which I love. I am not an overly flashy person, so having a huge ring was not super important to me. FH loves his diamonds, and could spend more time in a jewelry store than I could, so I was not worried! Plus, him picking it out himself was special enough!

• Katrin
    Frequent user September 2019 Ontario
    Katrin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thank you so much! I think so too- I love the sentiment of having used things from the past (plus it was a lot cheaper!).

• Tori
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Custom ring for the win! That's awesome that you could take a from both sides of your families to make something so beautiful. I also love the colour of the sapphire - one reason why I can't wait to get my wedding band is so that I can add some colour!

• Tori
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That is so cool that he was able to put both cuts of diamond on your ring! It looks beautiful 😊

• Katrin
    Frequent user September 2019 Ontario
    Katrin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My ring is so different from most engagement rings and it's the most magical thing I've ever worn. I wanted something really interesting and artistic, but have a sort of bohemian vintage vibe? The gold in this ring is from the gold of my great grandmother's wedding ring (who was married for 70 years!) and the diamonds are from my partner's mom's ring. In the centre is a white/green sapphire. It's such a special ring to me because it carries a lot of weight from my family and my partner's family but really has a creative mind of its own. I designed it with my partner before she proposed. Smiley smile

Custom Ring Roll Call! 11

• Julie
    Expert March 2019 Ontario
    Julie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My FH knew my favorite diamond shape is Marquise. The 1st diamond my FH ever bought me was a princess cut diamond on a necklace. I love that he incorporated both these diamond shapes in my Engagement ring. My Wedding ring has been custom made so my diamond sits properly against it. I'm in love.

Custom Ring Roll Call! 12

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics