Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Stephanie
Master July 2018 Alberta

diy Fail!

Stephanie, on June 23, 2018 at 14:04 Posted in DIY 0 10

So, we spray painted flower pots to use as decor down the aisle and as centrepieces. But, spray painting is hard! And, it came out blotchy on most of them. Not very obvious in the picture, but you can see a line on the left side. So, I decided to try tying some tulle around them to cover up the blemishes. And, I think they look really good! The tulle adds to it! Anyone else have a DIY fail? Were you able to rectify it or not?

Spray Painteddiy Fail! 1

Tied in Tullediy Fail! 2

10 Comments

Latest activity by Candice, on July 25, 2018 at 16:52
  • Candice
    Curious October 2018 Alberta
    Candice ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Wow, I had the same DIY fail last night trying to paint the exact same pails! I was trying to paint gold and failed. I might have to borrow your tulle idea, it looks great!!!

I had planned to paint a few things but maybe I will be rethinking this after last nights fail!

• Julia
    Frequent user June 2019 Alberta
    Julia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Definitely agree! cannot tell its a fail, looks like it was intended to be like that

• Krista
    Frequent user July 2018 Alberta
    Krista ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Haha... I designed and ordered my save the dates on Vistaprint.

I then never ordered my invites because I was over thinking it... and then it became to late to order them..

so only my guests got save the dates... whoops!

So we had to communicate individually!

I probably in hindsight should have skipped the save the dates and just ordered invites.

Fail? Yes. Worried about it? not really.

• Joey
    WeddingWire Admin May 2015 Maryland
    Joey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

You turned a "fail" into a major win! This looks very very cute. What will be going inside them?

• Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think this is a DIY success, not fail! Well done and they look great!

• Tyanna
    Super June 2019 British Columbia
    Tyanna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    For quick thinking based on a fail, they turned out great! I haven't had a DIY fail yet, but I've only done a few of the smaller projects so far. I'm sure there will be many to come. I'll keep you posted 😂
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Very nice looking cemterpeices for the aisle and can hardly notice the bloch.
  • Stephanie
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I think the sash is perfect!!! Even if it was originally to cover a little mistake haha!!
  • Lydia
    Devoted June 2019 British Columbia
    Lydia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    It looks cute!
    We had our first diy fail last Wednesday. FH is really into all of the wedding stuff and had found groom cookies on pinterest, so he wanted to make those to ask his groomsmen. But that takes quite a bit of skill and can't really be done nicely without trying first and doing all of it on one evening before asking, so this was our expectation vs reality

Needless to say, he didn't want to use them anymore, so he didn't ask them yet but is thinking of either doing something else or practising a couple of times.

diy Fail! 3
  • Courtney
    Super July 2018 Ontario
    Courtney ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

These are cute! Way to think quickly and i think it adds another dimension!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics