Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Tracy
Frequent user August 2021 Ontario

diy Reception

Tracy, on August 14, 2018 at 11:41 Posted in DIY 0 9

Any suggestions for saving money and low stress for the control freak I am with having the wedding at home in the backyard (house too small for 20 people inside) only have one bathroom.

We want simple, no dancing, thinking buffet.

Or just find somewhere to do it?

9 Comments

Latest activity by Vinod, on August 18, 2018 at 23:07
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Savings had helped us by renting backdrop, centerpieces w/floral balls and money box. These things plus linens for tables and sashes for chair may do the same for you and return after washing the linens. water beads give that look and hold for flowers or décor being placed in them.

• Melissa
    Frequent user September 2018 Quebec
    Melissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    A mutual friend of mine had a backyard wedding and it looked lovely. She rented a tent, chairs, tables and had it catered. I think they were 40 people and her friends helped with decorations and made a photobooth with props! But I suspect it’s a lot of work. Another friend of mine got married at a B&B.
  • Tracy
    Frequent user August 2021 Ontario
    Tracy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Thank you for the suggestions. I have talked to local restaurants and they want $1000-$2000 rental fee, plus meal and liquor and staff on top. Our local halls start in the $1000's also.

And most of our franchise restaurants do not have separate areas for us.

• Clarissa
    Expert October 2018 Saskatchewan
    Clarissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I agree with everyone else. Call a local restaurant that has private rooms and see if they can accommodate 20 people is the easiest.
    If your set on a backyard wedding and reception You are going to need a lot of hands on deck for the week of for setting up and especially the 24-48 hrs before and after the wedding. So I would personal check how many people you have that can commit the time first. They can be a great way to save money especially for a small intimate wedding but the amount to time and people it takes to get it done is usually underestimated (by a lot).
  • J
    Newbie October 2018 Ontario
    Jenn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My fiance and i are taking our guests to the keg. Theres 35 people. Just need to reserve the room no deposit needed.
  • Lyla
    Devoted July 2018 Alberta
    Lyla ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    You can rent banquet rooms for super cheap 100-300$, with catering or buffet if you want but I think they’d allow you to bring your own food too depending on where you go Smiley smile
  • E
    Expert December 2018 Ontario
    Emma ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I would look for any restaurants that have private rooms.
  • Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I agree with finding a restaurant! That way, it's inside in case of rain or other inclement weather. They do all the cleanup and setup (except for any decor you want to bring in) and there is more than one bathroom!

Some restaurants do have a minimum amount you have to spend but there are some that don't, which would be ideal for a small group

• Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hey Tracy, have you considered local restaurants for your wedding? That way there's no room for dancing, can be simple, but then you don't have to worry about where people will sit (plus less work for you and your FS).

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics