Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Jen
VIP June 2018 Ontario

Engagement photos are tomorrow!

Jen, on July 20, 2017 at 23:14 Posted in Before the wedding 0 27

Totally freaking out. I hate being in front of the camera... ack! I'm a super awkward person when the camera is pointed at me. What did you do to make your photos less awkward?

27 Comments

Latest activity by Jen, on July 25, 2017 at 13:00
  • Jen
    VIP June 2018 Ontario
    Jen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    They did turn out great! I posted the few that he sent us down below Smiley smile
  • Laura
    Curious September 2018 Ontario
    Laura ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I hope your photos went ok. I had the exact feelings before my engagement photos a couple of weeks ago. My fiance and I have never had professional photos done so we felt completely awkward the entire time. Thankfully our photographers were awesome and cracking jokes with us. They gave us guidance and direction on how to pose and look our best. Just got a preview of our shots and we didnt look awkward at all. Our photographer told us it's normal to feel awkward especially when someone is forcing you to hold a pose or a kiss for a really long uncomfortable time. It was fun Smiley smile

• Melissa
    Devoted November 2017 Ontario
    Melissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Your photos are great!! When you are comfortable with the photographer, that makes all the difference! Ours was crawling through snow up to her waist to get "the" shot!

Engagement photos are tomorrow! - 1
  • Jen
    VIP June 2018 Ontario
    Jen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Mostly him. We brought the umbrella in case it rained. It didn't, but he still wanted to use it. We made the Tinder sign and my fiancé liked the idea of incorporating our careers into the pictures as well (those pictures to come within a few weeks!). We honestly had no idea what we wanted to do. We brought a few things with us and he just went with it. He's an amazing photographer!

• B
    Super August 2017 Alberta
    Bethany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    These are adorable!! Good photographer. Were most of these your ideas or the photographer?
  • Jen
    VIP June 2018 Ontario
    Jen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you Smiley smile yep! We met on tinder 2 years ago.
  • Lesley
    Super September 2017 Manitoba
    Lesley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    They lookgreat! Love the little tinder reference. I didn't know you had met each other on there
  • Jen
    VIP June 2018 Ontario
    Jen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Im a nervous/awkward person lol I was scared they were going to look ridiculous because I don't know what to do with myself in front of the camera. I was also scared of falling on my ass. Im known to fall in the water there haha thank you ❤️ im excited to see the rest of them!
  • Lisa
    VIP May 2018 Ontario
    Lisa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Omg! What were you even worried about? The teasers look great!
  • Jen
    VIP June 2018 Ontario
    Jen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We got some teasers back! It wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be. At first it was uncomfortable but then I calmed down and all was fine lol here are the pictures he gave us already. We get the rest in about 2-3 weeks. We met on tinder so felt the love at first swipe was needed!

Engagement photos are tomorrow! - 2

Engagement photos are tomorrow! - 3

Engagement photos are tomorrow! - 4
  • Jen
    VIP June 2018 Ontario
    Jen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    It was my bridal trial! Same girl will be doing my hair. I ended up having to curl it again because I didn't like how the curls looked. Yes, those are definitely extensions lol my hair has stopped growing completely it seems.
  • B
    Bethany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Damn girl. That hair is amazing. You could wear that for your wedding, it looks bridal! Did you get it done? Is that same person doing your wedding hair? Do you have extensions? Hahah I just love it so I'm curious.
  • Laura
    Super September 2017 Alberta
    Laura ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Umbrella pictures will be fun! Smiley heart

• Jen
    VIP June 2018 Ontario
    Jen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thank you, Laura! I'm trying not to fall asleep on the couch now. It's raining outside Smiley sad Our pictures are all outside at a waterfall. Thankfully we purchased a huge umbrella!

• Laura
    Laura ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

You look lovely! Smiley heart

• Jen
    VIP June 2018 Ontario
    Jen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    This is adorable! I love it!
  • Jen
    VIP June 2018 Ontario
    Jen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Here is my hair and makeup. Hair was done by a stylist but I ended up curling it again when I got home because I looked like a little girl. Makeup is done by me. No filter, natural light. What do you think?

Engagement photos are tomorrow! - 2
  • Laura
    Laura ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

he licked me and they said do it again and then he bit me...which is a really cute picture!

love bitelove bite

• Jen
    VIP June 2018 Ontario
    Jen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Hahaha! This is totally me. I lick and bite. It's how I show my affection lol I'm totally not a lovey dovey type person. This should be interesting lol

• Laura
    Laura ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Just try to be yourself! you will be super awkward and uncomfortable when you start but I found that as we went along we were teasing each other quietly and stealing kisses and we have some really cute photos. At one point FH licked me (cause he does that) and they have a really cute picture of that.

• Chelsea
    Master August 2017 Ontario
    Chelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I just focussed on my fiancé most of the time. It is awkward at times but when you are focussed on your fiancé, it helps! Also my photographer gave us tips to make it less awkward as well because it was our first photo shoot. There were times me and my fiancé were just whispering to each other and we would be talking about how certain poses were weird and then we would just start laughing, and she got some good ones because it seemed more natural.

• B
    Bethany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Knowing, and being clear about what I wanted from my engagement shoot helped me get the best results. I knew what kind of photos I wanted so I told my photographers. They did the rest with posing us and scenery, etc. I knew I wanted a night time shoot, and some day time. Some overlooking the city and some in nature. Some happy and some sultry. I explained all this to them and they made it happen.
  • B
    Bethany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Lol I love this
  • Lisa
    VIP May 2018 Ontario
    Lisa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Perfect! See! It will be Great!
  • Jen
    VIP June 2018 Ontario
    Jen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Haha! That's awesome. We have one thing that I said to him one night when I was super "hung over tired" from working and he laughed hysterically. I'll say that!

• Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We mostly ignored them unless there was something to pose for in particular. Just act natural and you'll get the best pictures.
  • Lisa
    VIP May 2018 Ontario
    Lisa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Woot woot, another bride posted a similar discussion today, so I'll paste what I wrote to her that worked for us....We had a word that we said to each other, like a memory, to make us laugh. It wasn't intentional but it made for great pics because it was genuine! My cousins did the same thing and it worked for them as well. They didn't have lunch before their shoot, and all they kept saying to each other was "mmmmm chicken nuggets!" Lol and all the pictures of them laughing were because of that, and the pics were Awesome! Being yourself is key and if you have a good photographer, they will help you along the way! Good luck!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics