Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Kelsie
Master July 2021 Ontario

Engagement Session ...nervous!

Kelsie, on May 23, 2019 at 17:11 Posted in Before the wedding 0 19
Hey ladies!

I have my engagement session coming up on Monday and I’m super super nervous!

I’ve never been professionally photographed before and I definitely wanted to get some engagement shots because my FH and I don't have lots of nice photos and also so that I am comfortable and not awkward in front of the camera on the big day!

Any tips for the engagement shoot to help me ease my nerves a bit?!

19 Comments

Latest activity by Becky, on May 29, 2019 at 09:43
  • Becky
    VIP September 2019 Ontario
    Becky ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Glad it went well! Can't wait to see the photo's!

• Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    My biggest biggest tip is to listen to the photographer!

I was so awkward in the beginning and listening to his advice helped me so much!
  • Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    It went really well! The shots he showed us were AMAZING!!

I cant wait to get the pictures!
  • Amanda
    Expert July 2022 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I hope everything went well for you!!
    I am interested in hearing how it went any tips you would give to others! Smiley smile

• Amanda
    Super June 2019 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    How did it go???
  • Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks for the support!! I think you’re right I need to just focus on my FH and I will hopefully forget about everything else going on around me!
  • Brittany
    Devoted August 2019 Alberta
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Totally get it. Being the center of attention is weird and a little awkward.

Just as much as you can try to focus on your FH. Try to block everyone else out and get really involved in the moment and your FH. I know it's difficult. But I am sure they will turn out beautifully! Smiley smile

Also I mean if you are like me.. and giggle awkwardly when you are nervous... those pictures turn out well too haha. Just laugh it off when in doubt!

• Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

We're only doing one outfit. Less of a hassle to change.

We're doing different areas in the city to get a mix of backgrounds.

• Marissa
    Expert August 2019 Ontario
    Marissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    This is a timely thread because we're having ours on Sunday. I'm also pretty nervous. How many outfits did people bring as backup for theirs? Also, did any of you change outfits deliberately to have some different looks in the pictures?
  • Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks for the advice! I think I’m a little more nervous because our shoot is going to be in public. I cringe at people staring or gawking because I’ll get super embarrassed! I don’t know why it’s just always been a thing!
  • Brittany
    Devoted August 2019 Alberta
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Just have fun with your FH!

Talk to each other, joke with each other. The more natural the smiles and laughter the better. It's a little awkward at first. But if you have a good photographer it makes all the difference. We were nervous too, but ours was great. She made us comfortable, and directed us to do things, make jokes etc. Then she captured a lot of genuine moments as opposed to posed looking at the camera.

I am sure yours will be turn out great!

• Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I’m meeting my photographer literally for the first time on Monday so it’ll be interesting.

ive Skyped with him once and we got along great, I’m just nervous in general!

I just need to get over my nerves.
  • Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    You made me laugh out loud with this one. I think I’m definitely going to try this and fingers crossed I don’t look awkward 😂😂
  • Casey
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My FH is the same way. He does not like pictures, never had professional ones taken. We got sibling pictures every year and I was a dancer so pictures are nothing to me. But for him, the photographer caught on that he was a little uncomfortable and started making jokes.

Looking back at the pictures, I remember the jokes that were being told while the pictures were being taken. Crack jokes between you guys, with your photographer, laugh about it, and just try to act as normal as possible! The first few shots will be nerve racking, but as you go through it will become natural!

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Only tip that I can think of is: you know those pictures you see of girls on instagram where you KNOW they are fake laughing? Try doing that but by making fun of it - it will either get you to actually laugh at that ridiculousness or it may work!

Have fun and good luck!

• Maegan
    Super July 2018 British Columbia
    Maegan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Have fun with it and trust your photographer! Sometimes the positions they put you in feel awkward but look amazing in a photo- just have faith! Smiley winking
    We giggled and laughed and told jokes the whole time and really enjoyed our engagement session! Just be yourselves because that’s what you want to see in your pictures.
  • Sarah
    Expert July 2021 Ontario
    Sarah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    No tips as ours is in July but good luck!! You will do great!!
  • Alix
    Expert June 2021 Saskatchewan
    Alix ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We just had our engagement session last week. Our photographer got us to play games like both of us try to think what colour the other one is thinking and saying it at the same time (we didn't get any of them right haha) and holding hands and bumping the other one with our hips (I almost pushed my fiance into a giant ant hill by accident haha). If you just focus on each other, you don't really notice the photographer.

• Amanda
    Super June 2019 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Just try to embrace it
    my fiancé was super anxious too and it's some thing out of my comfort zone but once we got into it we had a lot of fun. we had a great photographer and she made it easy too so that helps... but think of it as practice for your wedding. have fun with it and let go

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics