Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Sheena
Curious August 2019 Ontario

Entertaining Kids

Sheena, on June 20, 2019 at 13:10 Posted in Wedding reception 0 7

We're going to be having a casual BBQ reception and already have some yard games - giant jenga, corn hole and horseshoes. We also live near a beach so we're letting mom's know to bring swimsuits if they want to take the kids swimming. I'm just wondering if there are any other suggestions for entertaining kids (ages 5-10), perhaps a scavenger hunt or if you think we have enough entertainment.

7 Comments

Latest activity by Casey, on June 25, 2019 at 12:20
  • Casey
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I like the idea of "I spy" or a scavenger hunt.

You could do something similar to an easter egg hunt, but a ring hunt for a wedding theme!

Colouring books and puzzles can be put out at a table to entertain them quietly for a little bit!

• Becky
    VIP September 2019 Ontario
    Becky ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi Sheena,

I would suggest the scavenger hunt, eye spy type list, even x and o's game, these would be great idea's and honestly that age group would do well with it.

• Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

You could do an "I spy" sort of things where they have to find a guest wearing a certain colour, spot 5 birds (since it's outside), and some other stuff. That will definitely keep them busy!

• Erin
    Super May 2022 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I agree with Brittany that a scavenger hunt is cool, but will require some work as it has be to simple enough that they can do it on their own, but involved enough that it takes up some time. Kids are pretty good at playing with each other and entertaining themselves. They love a good party too!

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I like the scavenger hunt idea for the kids and the lawn games that will get them involved. Swimming is nice for them to cool off as some of the adults can join in the fun while make sand castles too. Quiet time is good for the colouring session so they will be with everyone and enjoying the time.

• Brittany
    Devoted August 2019 Alberta
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Coloring books and puzzles always go over pretty well, and are inexpensive options.

A scavenger hunt could be a good idea, just a little more set up work.

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I mean if you are near a beach perhaps you could supply shovels and buckets to make sand castles? Also highly recommend having sunscreen for the guests if you don't already!!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics