Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Leah
VIP April 2019 British Columbia

“feet’s too big” - size 11 shoe size and higher stand up!

Leah, on October 14, 2018 at 16:05 Posted in Wedding fashion 0 7
I’m as size 11.5/12 in shoes.

This is a call out to all of my fellow 11+ shoe size wearers o share the shoes you’re wearing on your wedding day!

I always intended to wear half soles or some other barefooted style to help avoid the hassle of finding shoes that fit but the logistics of that may not be practical.

Once I get my dress, I figure I’ll just get a style From Long Tall Sally that works.

What’s your plan/strategy?

“feet’s too big” - size 11 shoe size and higher stand up! 1

7 Comments

Latest activity by Renee, on October 16, 2018 at 00:53
  • Renee
    Devoted October 2018 Ontario
    Renee ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I am size 11! And taller then my hubby to be. I ordered kitten heel pointy toe shoes from the American badgely mischka website. They are so gorge! Not the best pic lol but gives you an idea!

“feet’s too big” - size 11 shoe size and higher stand up! 2
  • Jennifer
    Super July 2019 Ontario
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm not an 11. but usually a 10 to 10.5 (luckily I have slender feet). honestly i'm rocking flat or slight wedge sandals (with a back strap...I don't want the flippy floppy noise). I LIVE in sandals/flip flops. so its the perfect thing for me. especially with a July wedding

I haven't bought any yet. but found some I like on amazon and david's bridal. I also usually have decent luck at payless.

• Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

This! Another size 8.5-9.5 which happens to be the most popular size Smiley atonished

I actually got my shoes online and was hella nervous since I ordered the 9s but was worried I would need a 8.5 or worse, a 9.5! When they came, they actually fit really great so I'm super relieved but I know the struggle of varying foot sizes.

• Leah
    Leah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Eek! Sounds like a chore!
    And I don’t know about you but I plan an outfit based on what shoes I already have bc it’s never a given that I’ll be able to just find a pair of shoes to go with a new outfit.
    Yay for online shopping?

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Although I don't have size 11 feet or bigger - I feel the shopping struggle, trust me.

I don't know how much your feet are suppose to range for sizes but mine range anywhere from 8.5Wide all the way up to size 10 - with the exception being one pair of shoes that I own that are actually size 11.

Not only do I have to try on so many more pairs of shoes because of this (as most do I assume), but nine times out of ten they don't have my size 9/9.5 because it is so popular. I really don't know what is worse; having large feet where they don't usually have your size, or having a pretty standard size of shoes that are always sold out of.

• Leah
    Leah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I’m with you!

Chucks all the way for me! But it’s a challenge to convince my fam (and FH who doesn’t understand the struggle) to not complain about it.

If I could wear Chucks with everything I would.

In solidarity ✊🏾✊🏾.
  • BunnyBride
    Super August 2334 Nova Scotia
    BunnyBride ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I feel you on the feet front! I shop in the men's section for my day-to-day shoes. Men's I take a 10.5-11 (wide width)....which is about 12-13 in women's size if they are not skinny as all heck. I fear shoe shopping to begin with; let alone when I have to find dressier ones. Lol!

Our bridal party (unless someone objects horribly) is all going to be wearing converse/chuck taylor shoes. It works with the feel and theme we are going for (laid back and subtle nods to our fave show, Dr. Who, that fans will get and others will just think we are being a bit quirky) and the bridal party gets a useful pair of shoes to use day-to-day afterwards. Win-Win and shoe bullet dodged! Below is the picture I found on Pinterest which inspired the idea.

Inspiration Photo“feet’s too big” - size 11 shoe size and higher stand up! 3

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics