Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Lynnie
WeddingWire Admin October 2016 North Carolina

Fill In The Blank: To be honest, I don't really care that much about _____

Lynnie, on March 18, 2019 at 09:05 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 50

Fill in the blank! Whether you ran out of time, budget, or energy to care about every single detail - or one aspect of planning just wasn't as important to you - what do you just not care that much about?

Fill In The Blank: To be honest, I don't really care that much about _____ 1

Next Question: I couldn't survive wedding planning without _____

Back to the Beginning: Wedding Fill In The Blank!

50 Comments

Latest activity by Claire, on April 6, 2019 at 10:39
  • Claire
    Frequent user September 2019 Ontario
    Claire ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Material gifts, as most of our guest will be from out of country and we thought flying for our wedding and spending time on our special day is more than enough!
  • BunnyBride
    Super August 2334 Nova Scotia
    BunnyBride ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Garter toss, traditions for the sake of tradition (versus someone wanting to do them), and unsolicited opinions or recommendations for things already booked. Seriously, the number of people recommending venues right after I told them we have our venue and are paid in full is ridiculous!

• Seleena
    Super September 2019 British Columbia
    Seleena ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

With everyone else on this-tradition. I am not having a big party wedding, speeches. It will be different.

• Kaisha
    Super March 2019 Nova Scotia
    Kaisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I was so relaxed I feel like there was a lot I wasn't worried about

• Toni Rose
    Frequent user October 2023 Ontario
    Toni Rose ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Anyone else's opinion. One thing I'm learning is that everyone thinks their opinion is going to matter because they have planned, are planning or have helped plan a wedding. Everyone is different and what works at one wedding may not work at another. I've gotten some heat already from my friends because I'm not having a sit down dinner (my FH and I have never wanted one) that we're eloping months before our actual wedding (we wanted to keep our original anniversary date of when we met), that my bridal party is 25 people (FIlipino traditions have larger bridal parties). It may seem unconventional but its what we want and it works for us!

• Kirsten
    Frequent user October 2025 Alberta
    Kirsten ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Traditions, I love being unique and some of the traditions are outdated as we move forward into modern times, they don't always fit everyone

• Monique
    Devoted August 2020 Saskatchewan
    Monique ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Traditions as well! Everyones wedding is so different and unique!

• Geneviève
    VIP September 2020 Ontario
    Geneviève ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Tradition! I want to do it our way, so some of the typical old school suspicions are going bye-bye

• Tina
    Frequent user July 2021 Ontario
    Tina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    This thread is fascinating! For me, flowers and most traditions. There are very few single people coming (like, three lol) so bouquet toss/garter toss just isn't happening. We're also doing a destination wedding, so a lot of traditions are out the window anyway.
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I didn't care much for my brothers controlling ways of how my wedding was to be.

• Amanda
    Super June 2019 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Flowers and centerpieces

• Karina
    Curious October 2019 Ontario
    Karina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Garter toss, bouquet toss, boutonnieres, corsages. Flowers in general! Lol My maid of honour is super allergic, so we have kept flowers at a minimumSmiley smile
  • Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I didn’t have a question. You might’ve replied to the wrong post by accident?
  • M
    Curious June 2019 Ontario
    Michelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Well that answers your question? lol Smiley tongue

• Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Flowers. My sister-in-law offered to do the bouquets at cost. I told her my colours and she did the rest of the work!
  • Chelsea
    Super June 2020 Alberta
    Chelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    FLOWERS. i honestly could not care less. what a waste of money for something that just dies anyways
  • Summer
    Devoted May 2019 Ontario
    Summer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    The traditions.. bouquet toss/kissing game/garter toss.. no thanks
  • Rachael
    Super October 2019 Ontario
    Rachael ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Traditions, like Leah said. There are certain ones we intend to do, but so many seem too old fashioned and tedious.

• Leah
    VIP April 2019 British Columbia
    Leah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    A ton of the “regular” traditions.
    We’re doing what we want, how we want. 🤷🏾‍♀️
  • Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

The wedding colours. I don't care about the colours anyone wears or what colours anything is (except the flowers). I just don't care!

• Alexandra
    VIP November 2019 British Columbia
    Alexandra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Flowers. Would go with out if I thought my mum was cool with it
  • Rachel
    Frequent user July 2019 Ontario
    Rachel ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Wedding cake!! Neither of us like cake (at all) so we decided to skip it and go with donuts instead! We know several couples who spent a fortune on a cake and ended up throwing most of it out! One couple cut the cake and the venue took it to the back to slice it up and it was never seen again! It didn't seem worth it to us, since neither of us will eat the cake.
  • Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    It feels incomplete to me! I wouldn’t know what to put in place of the flowers ...just wouldn’t be the same.
  • Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Flowers, my mom wanted us to have real flowers in the bouquets so she agreed to pay for them!

I also don't care for bouquet and garter tosses.

• M
    Michelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Why not have no flowers? I will have a garland around my head and that's it. Unless I can snag some lilacs as thats the theme. 😊

Otherwise I prefer flowers in the ground as opposed to in my hand.
  • M
    Michelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Neither are we. I have gone out of my way to plan around who WE are. And we are not traditional people so it would be foolish for us to do that. 😉
  • M
    Michelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Ugh I so agree with you. We will be skipping that little tradition. 😀
  • M
    Michelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    You seem to be planning someone else's wedding. Which is what most of my friends, and I did. In hindsite and many years I can see this now. I planned my Mom's wedding! 😯

30+ years later I am planning my handfasting and WE are planning it. At first I got some grief about not having any kids there. But we don't want any kids there. Then there were all the folks that tried to loudly express their opinions about band vs dj. We listened, nodded and moved on as we already know what we want. 😉

Hold strong on what you and fiance want. Folks will come round. Think of the regrets you 2 might have. 😕
  • Elizabeth
    Frequent user September 2020 Ontario
    Elizabeth ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I don't care if our extended families don't come.

Fiance wanted to elope and I only wanted 60 people including us. With all the aunts, uncles, and cousins our guest list is 118 people.

I'm just so damn tired of people telling me that Aunt SoAndSo is going to be upset if she isn't near the head table. Or how someone will inevitably ask when we will be having children. Or why my first cousins can bring a plus one but my second cousins can't (spoiler alert: the first cousins are all married or in long term relationships with people I actually have met). I see these people once a year, fiance sees his even less than that.

• Alix
    Expert June 2021 Saskatchewan
    Alix ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    The bouquet and garter toss. I know my fiance wants to do the garter toss but I don't think is going to be many single people there so I don't really care if we do it.
  • Holly
    VIP June 2019 Ontario
    Holly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    The traditional cake cutting. We are not doing it because it's not important. It's cake.. anyone can cut it! We aren't saving a piece either because that's super gross lol
  • Casey
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

To be honest, I do not really care what people are wearing. I have gotten so many questions about " what should I wear" "can I wear this colour". etc. Honestly, as long as you are not in the same dress as me, or the bridesmaids, or wearing white/ivory you can come wearing anything else!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics