Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Maegan
Super July 2018 British Columbia

First anniversary! How will you celebrate??

Maegan, on February 11, 2019 at 10:30

Posted in Just married 38

Hey everyone! My husband and I just made plans for our first anniversary this summer and I got to wondering what do other couples do to celebrate their first year of marriage?? Weekend getaway? Big trip? Romantic dinner? I’d love to hear your plans! Did you plan it together? Was it a surprise? Will...
Hey everyone! My husband and I just made plans for our first anniversary this summer and I got to wondering what do other couples do to celebrate their first year of marriage??

Weekend getaway? Big trip? Romantic dinner? I’d love to hear your plans!
Did you plan it together? Was it a surprise? Will you be doing gifts for each other?

We will be taking 8 days off to canoe the Bowron Lakes Circuit in Wells Gray Provincial Park, finishing the circuit on our anniversary and then booking a hotel in Wells for the night and visiting the whiskey bar there! We are so excited!

38 Comments

• Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We had planned on having a tropical getaway, just the two of us. We’re still going away but now it’s for my friends destination wedding. We will be gone the week before our anniversary so we will be spending our actual anniversary at home because neither of us want to spend two weeks away. We like getting away but find 1 week is enough for us!
  • Leah
    VIP April 2019 British Columbia
    Leah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

It's too early to tell for us. It will be on a Monday, but we'll likely celebrate throughout the weekend.

Fingers crossed for it to involve something about a move to a bigger space, or nesting for our first child.

• Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Not entirely sure yet, depending on a few factors we could be:

Moving (his 5 year mortgage renewal is up around our first anniversary so we're looking to move into a bigger house by then).

Like Tori, ours will be on a Monday so we'll probably do something that weekend, like a getaway or just a nice romantic dinner.

I'm also contemplating going back to school after the wedding so I'd start in 2020 so I might be busy studying lol

• Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Funny that you post this since it’s FH and mines 9th dating anniversary today! If today is any indication of how we will celebrate our wedding anniversary then I might be in trouble since he’s home sick on the couch and our plans may or may not be off haha.
  • Robyn
    Super June 2019 Ontario
    Robyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Not married yet, either but already planning for our 1st anniversary. We're going to go to Lebanon to visit his hometown!!!!

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

That sounds amazing! I know I'm not married yet - but seeing as how our 1st anniversary will land on a Monday, we will probably take the week off of work or just the Monday even and celebrate on the weekend. I will probably still be in school so night courses stop me from going anywhere unfortunately.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics