Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Casey
Master October 2019 Ontario

First look pictures etc..

Casey, on January 21, 2019 at 13:27 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 15
I am looking for some advice/ past experience on this.
Our ceremony will be at 5pm and then cocktails and dinner right after. Because of this we have decided to do first look pictures at around 2pm ( the place we are doing pictures has 2 hour time slots for people to use the grounds) and then at 4 we will head to the venue before the ceremony.
For those of you who have done first look, did you do family photos ( immediate family, parents siblings only) during this time, or did you strictly keep it to first look and wedding party.
Our wedding party is all our siblings, and then of course my dad would be in the limo with us.
I am trying to figure out what pictures to do where. We will have a short period of time after the ceremony to do just married pictures of us ( looking to do some sunset pictures) and then bigger family pictures quickly.
Would it be too much to make sure our immediate family is there for the 2 hour time slot?

15 Comments

Latest activity by Casey, on January 23, 2019 at 10:05
  • Casey
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

This is true too.

It could be a lot to do all the pictures at once. I have 2 photographers, so we would have getting ready pictures done of the guys and girls, then first look, then bridal party and then some of the immediate family ones.

Our full family will be saved for the cocktail hour and then some pictures of us just married

• Becky
    VIP September 2019 Ontario
    Becky ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My Photographer suggested to us because we want to do first look, to do getting ready for the girls, then guys, then all ready of both sides, she would take venue photos as well before hand of all the work too, then first look, wedding party together and just us. the cocktail hour, this will be for our family photo's. this way it won't be too long and gives us a little breather time (hopefully! lol)

• Maegan
    Super July 2018 British Columbia
    Maegan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Happy to help! Smiley smile

Anything you can do to make your day less stressful is worth it!! For family photos we basically gave our photographer a list of the photos we wanted and just powered through them. My husband and I never moved haha. It was just people file in around us, then photo, then new people filed in lol.
  • Casey
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thank you for this Maegan! It would make it so much easier to just have my step mom, and in laws join us and then do the rest of the pictures with grandparents after the ceremony!

I am sure I could leave out doing the full family pictures, but have this odd feeling that people will make comments about being excluded while other parents are included... trying to make things less stressful for myself lol

• Maegan
    Super July 2018 British Columbia
    Maegan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We did first look, wedding party photos and couple photos in the 2.5 hours before our ceremony. It was really nice not having to deal with or organise any other people until later. And that left the added bonus of them seeing me the first time as I walked down the aisle.
    We did family and extended family photos immidiately after the ceremony and they probably probably only took 15-20 minutes.

In your situation though with all your sibling in your wedding party (I have 5 siblings and none of them were in our party) it would be much easier to do family photos in that time slot and you wouldn’t need that many additional people to show up. I’d say the more you can do before the ceremony the better off you’ll be!
  • Allison
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Yeah, that little bit of alone time will probably be all we have until the night is done!

• Casey
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks Allison! We also want to try and have a little time to oursevles before the grand entrance and all the partying!
  • Casey
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That’s what I’m thinking. Get as many done so we can relax after the ceremony. It helps that all the immediate family will be there and then we just have to worry about the bigger family picture in between quick
  • Casey
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Lol this is my one biggest struggle right now.

• Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I'm struggling with the logistics of this too since I plan to do a first look but then want to get some with our bridal party. I still don't know how I'm going to do it lol.

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I will be attempting to get all my pictures done at the first look as well (except for some sunset photo's of me and the FH) so as long as you have a complete list of all the pictures you want and people moving fast enough you should be fine.

• Allison
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

2 hours should be enough time to get first look, family, and wedding party photos. Most of your family would probably not mind starting photos at 2pm, as long as you give them enough notice beforehand.

We're not doing a first look but all our photos will be done from 3:30-5:30, we can go until 6pm if we need more time. Our photographer said family photos usually take up to an hour max and then wedding party/couple photos are another hour. we do have another half-hour before the grand entrance that we might use for more couples photos or taking some time just the two of use before the reception.

• Casey
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    This is true. Plus they will all be there anyways.
    I want to keep our first look between just us, and then have everyone else there after.
  • Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I don't think it's too much to ask of them. Imagine if it were someone important to you who wanted you to be there early for their photos, I'm sure you'd have no problem with it!

• Michelle
    Expert April 2019 Alberta
    Michelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I plan on doing my first look and bridal party photos before ceremony, then family photos and more couple photos afterwards. I don't want everyone in my family and his family to see me before the ceremony.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics