Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Breanne
Frequent user September 2019 Alberta

Fitness and Nutrition Motivation

Breanne, on January 6, 2019 at 22:49 Posted in Beauty 0 49
Hello Everyone!!!

Is is there anyone else struggling to find the motivation to focus on their fitness and nutrition before their big day?

I’m considering hiring a personal trainer and nutrition coach and am wondering if anyone else did this in preparation of their big day?

49 Comments

Latest activity by Kattie, on July 30, 2023 at 03:55
  • A
    Ontario
    Auda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think working out and controlling your Diet, if one wants to decrease body fat.

• J
    Newbie November 2022 Ontario
    Jessica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

In my case hiring personal trainer was the best idea ever. I wouldn't achieve those results by myself only.

• Joanne
    Beginner July 2019 Nova Scotia
    Joanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I would not recommend this but I got the store display dress which is the last size....two sizes smaller on me lol. This definitely motivated me. 2 months ago I couldn't zip the back button, now, it fits perfect....with lots of room to breath. My first fitting is in March for a wedding in July. If I could loose another 20 lbs....it'll be a bonus.

• Alix
    Expert June 2021 Saskatchewan
    Alix ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I've just recently started going to the gym again. But I have been taking aerial hoop classes for awhile. I've reached the point where I needed to gain more strength to get better in my hoop class. So having an exercise that you find fun and enjoy doing definitely helps with the motivation to do other things as well.
  • A
    Curious June 2019 British Columbia
    Amber ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I've got a bunch of little goals. One, is 10K steps every single day. Because I work a desk job, this often means I have to go for at least a half hour walk or jog after work. Which works out well for my second goal- half an hour of working out every single day. What exactly I do doesn't matter too much - I do Roller Derby 2 - 3 days a week and it's at least 2 hours each time, so the rest of the days I try and hit the gym a couple times but even if I don't, at least doing the half hour jog or walk is good. Also some other fitbit orientated goals like 10+ flights of stairs per day.

I was trying to do calorie counting for a while and while I still am most days, I find I go overboard and the days I do I tend to only hit 1200 calories because I become a bit obsessed and that's a bit too low- I'm better around 1500 or so. I'm still going to try and keep doing it though.

I don't want to lose too much weight, about 5 - 8 lbs and honestly when I go anywhere from 120-140 I don't physically look much different, which sucks but I feel different. For my wedding dress, I've already bought it so while it fit almost perfectly, I know I can do a little bit and should still be fine. I also totally want to develop my back muscles really well because the back is very open and I want it to look great.

• Lucy
    Frequent user July 2019 Ontario
    Lucy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I already work out a few times a week so my goal is to just maintain my current weight so I don’t have to pay for alterations. It was a perfect fit when I bought it so as long as I don’t drastically gain or lose weight I should be okay.
  • Gabrielle
    Frequent user May 2019 Ontario
    Gabrielle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Personally, i started going to the gym and looking online for healthy eating tips and recipes. My FH is also doing this with me so it’s motivating. Try joining a gym that offers group classes, it’s basically like having a trainer but without paying an insane price for it.
  • Alycia
    Expert March 2020 Ontario
    Alycia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Definitely in the same boat here. I’m petite and I just want to be toned and feel healthy again. I’m finding it hard to get motivated because people will just say I don’t need it, I know my body better than they do. But it’s easier to just listen to them and not do anything lol. Then I try and put my favorite jeans on and remember oh right! I gotta do something about that lol. I trainer is a great idea, but I’m trying to be frugal since we’re buying a house and planning a wedding all at the same time!

• Stephanie
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yeah! It's the best way for me to remember. You always hear those things like "one treat wont ruin your diet" "on bad day qont ruin your diet" which is true! You can always get back on track! But for me i have to remember to not think "oh it's just one cheat" because it always leads to more which can ruin your progress! Stay focused! Have small short term goals I find helps too! Like hey I'd love to loose 5-10 lbs this month! Not focusing on "omg I have to lose 60lbs its impossible!!"
  • Hélène
    Devoted September 2019 Alberta
    Hélène ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Haha! No worries! I do the same! Smiley smile

• Hélène
    Hélène ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thanks for sharing your journey! I really appreciate it. I like the way you frame the chocolate bar craving! I'm going to have to remember that the next time one square of chocolate leads to two...then three...

• Stephanie
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Please excuse my typos hahah!! I type too fast on my phone and never double check my spelling.
  • Stephanie
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Transition was alright! I did experience the "keto flu" for a few days but got over it pretty quick! The hardest thing for me was cravings during the first week. But after 2 weeks the cravings stop and when you start seeing g results it's easier to just say "I can have that chocolate bar later when I've hit my goal, it's not worth it right now!" Easiest was carb substitutes! I was paleo a few years ago for about 6 months so not eating breads/rice/pastas was pretty easy for me again! My FH is really amazing about it too and makes sure I have options when I got to hia place for dinner! I need to get better at that "oh one chip wont hurt" "oh one sip of veer wont hurt" which in reality they DONT hurt! But one here and there leads to two... then three.... and can make you cheat way too easily.
  • Hélène
    Hélène ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Hi Stephanie,

Just curious how your transition to keto went. What was the most difficult part? And the easiest for you?

• Hélène
    Hélène ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Nice work, Danielle!!! Commitment is my word of the year - commitment to a lot of different things but, most importantly, myself and my health.

Congratulations on staying committed and the results you have achieved!!

• Danielle
    Curious July 2019 Ontario
    Danielle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    In case anyone is like myself and needing motivation. I’m pretty happy about this progress in 3 weeks! It feels good to not need to spend a dime just stay committed!

Fitness and Nutrition Motivation 1
  • Breanne
    Breanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I feel you there girl! Snacks are a girls best friend! My applause goes out to you for that commitment to the gym though! Impressive! 😊
  • Breanne
    Breanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Congrats Rachel! 😊 I totally agree with you and having to get the nutrition on point! You can’t out-train a bad diet!

Thank you you so much! ❤️ I definitely needed to hear that! I think all of us need to remember that we are all beautiful in our own unique ways!
  • Breanne
    Breanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That’s so true Stephanie! There’s so many ways to exercise without equipment or trainers!
  • Breanne
    Breanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Wow Stephanie! Congrats! 😊

• Donna
    Devoted July 2019 Ontario
    Donna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I've gotten in the habit of no breads, red meat, things like that.

• Holly
    VIP June 2019 Ontario
    Holly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I'm definitely having trouble in this department! Not so much lack of motivation but lack of energy. Being a new mom is exhausting. Add wedding planning on top of that too makes for very little exercise and eating healthy! I definitely need to cut back on snacking and quick frozen meals, which is difficult to do with a 2 month old demanding all my attention. And with the weather being so cold it's not like I can go on long walks with him everyday. My stepmom is a nutritional coach who works mostly with macros diet so I'm considering asking her to help me out but then I still need to work on some sort of exercise routine. I'm almost down to my pre-pregnancy weight, which is awesome, but then I have some more pounds to shed to get to my wedding weight goal! I am definitely worried any fitting into my dress right now, especially if I can't get rid of the last bit of pregnancy weight.
  • Leah
    VIP April 2019 British Columbia
    Leah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm doing a 100 day workout/health challenge that ends about 6 weeks prior to my wedding.

During the winter months it's hard to keep going (give me all the comfort food/drinks, and sleep!)

I've worked with a personal trainer before, and loved it, but prefer variety, and proximity to home. I'm also doing a 1 week trial at F45 to see if I like it, and may keep it up through to our wedding day.

I think the most important this is to not be hard on ourselves, and find ways to feel beautiful outside of the scale/physical...but know that you're not alone! Smiley heart

• Julia
    Frequent user August 2019 Alberta
    Julia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My biggest problem is snacking! For the most part I eat healthy and I at at the gym at 6am 4-5 times a week but I am notorious for snacking when I’m not actually hungry and it’s killing me! Haha
  • Rachel
    Frequent user July 2019 Ontario
    Rachel ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I'm definitely struggling!! I've been pretty good the last couple weeks and I'm down 4lbs, I'm just hoping it will stick! I'm having a lot of trouble motivating myself to workout...so focusing on nutrition for the next couple weeks. Making sure I'm eating well, and then once I get those habits back on track I'll focus on the fitness.
    All the best to you! You're not alone! But your fiance loves you, and will love you no matter what on your wedding day! Just focus on feeling beautiful!!!
  • Stephanie
    Devoted September 2019 Quebec
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I'm doing keto diet aswell for wedding and for health reasons. I already had a trainer to help me get back on track so I'm continuing with him. However, easy exercises can be done even at your own home!
  • Stephanie
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I have gone Keto! Been almost 2 weeks for me and already down 6lbs!

Going to start lifting some small arm weights with excercises and squats to keep everything tight but thats it! No trainer for me! I've had one before and they were helpful! Just way too expensive IMO.

• Breanne
    Breanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I’m glad I’m not alone! I’m sure these next 93 days will be great and your dress will fit perfectly on your Big Day!!! 😊
  • Allen
    Devoted April 2019 Ontario
    Allen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Yep! I have 93 days and my dress doesn't fit! I work a very physical job and my hours vary. So having a hard time myself
  • Breanne
    Breanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Wow! Way to go Danielle! That’s amazing! 😊 Defintely some great tips! Thank you!
  • Breanne
    Breanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Awesome tips Casey! Thanks a bunch! 😊
  • Breanne
    Breanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    You can do it Michelle! 😊 I feel ya on having to kick it into high gear!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics