Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Megan
Newbie August 2019 Alberta

Fresh or fake?

Megan, on September 9, 2018 at 22:47 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 15
Did you use fresh or fake flowers for your wedding?

15 Comments

Latest activity by Stephanie, on September 16, 2018 at 02:41
  • Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I had fresh. My sister-in-law offered to make the bouquets and decorate the arch with fresh flowers. We had potted plants as the centrepieces.

• Stephanie
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Fresh for centrepieces and ones that we will have at the church!

My bouquet, bridesmaids bouquets and boutonnieres are all fake so we can keep them!

• Petra
    Frequent user June 2020 Ontario
    Petra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I will definitely be using fresh flowers! I love the look and smell of them and I’m not a big fan of fake flowers. The only thing we are using fake flowers for is a big P & J sign because we’re making this well in advance so fake flowers are the only option
  • Rekramer
    Expert November 2018 Ontario
    Rekramer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We’re using fresh. Less work, cheaper and I find flowers hard to sell. I was worried about the environment but then I thought about the plastic used to make fake flowers and it seemed like a lot. It also seemed like a lot of work to make the bouquets in advance and transport them, since we both have smaller cars.
  • Ashleigh
    Devoted August 2018 Ontario
    Ashleigh ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We used lifelike artificial flowers for the bouquets, boutionnieres and decor and fresh foliage and roses for the centerpieces. They looked great in pictures and in person. I got married 3 weeks ago and after all is cleaned up and put away, I still have my beautiful bridal bouquet on display. The flowers were made by me, I have a small florist business 😊 Hopefully the images I cropped post clearly.

Fresh or fake? 1

Fresh or fake? 2
  • Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We're using fresh flowers. It was one of those things I definitely wanted to have for my wedding.

• T
    Frequent user August 2018 British Columbia
    Terri ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I used both. Fresh for bouquets and tables and fake for the head table as it spanned 24 feet and momma ain’t gonna spend money for 24ft of flowers lol
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I had chosen for us the fake flower balls to on top of the vases. Rental cost was low and not needing to keep after the wedding.

• Valérie
    VIP September 2019 Quebec
    Valérie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I am DYI'ing all of my floral arrangements, and will be using fake flowers. I'll probably use a mix of flowers available at local stores and the rest from www.aflora.com

• K
    Expert September 2018 British Columbia
    Kim ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Both! My bouquets and corsages/buttoniers are all fresh flowers, but the centerpieces consist of submerged fake orchids and the flowers on the arch will be fake.

• Leanne
    Expert September 2018 Ontario
    Leanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Fresh! I love the smell of fresh flowers Smiley smile

• Peggy
    Super May 2019 Alberta
    Peggy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We were originally going to use fake but now we will be using fresh - there's a few reasons for this.

1) My photographer, along with several good friends who are professional photographers, insisted that fresh flowers look better on camera. This is from people I fully trust.

2) Scent is strongly tied to memories - knowing that in the future when I smell my main flowers (Lilies and roses) it will likely trigger memories of my wedding day is something I look forward to.

3) I was able to find a florist that works from her home and was well within my budget to do the real flowers. The only flowers we are having are our bouquets, boutonnieres and corsages. If we had any others, those would be fake.

• Megann
    Frequent user September 2018 New Brunswick
    Megann ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We got a great deal on fresh flowers for our wedding, plus when I decided on calla lillies, I found out they were the most expensive, but like I said, the deal was good Smiley smile
  • Natasha
    Devoted June 2019 Ontario
    Natasha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I will be using fresh flowers for my June wedding.
  • Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I will be using fake flowers for my wedding. This gives us the option of possibly renting them, not having to worry about them wilting or being kept in the right environment, and getting whatever type of flower no matter the season. You also won't be throwing away money either Smiley smile

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics