Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Michelle
Curious September 2019 Manitoba

Hair Colour help

Michelle, on June 18, 2019 at 16:44 Posted in Beauty 0 11
I need to dye my hair before the wedding but I’m not sure what colour to dye it. My daughter thinks I should do a dark red. I’ve included a few of the hair colours I’m thinking of. Let me know your opinion. The first picture is me with close to the colour I have now.

Hair Colour help 1

Hair Colour help 2

Hair Colour help 3

Hair Colour help 4

11 Comments

Latest activity by Donna, on June 24, 2019 at 20:42
  • Donna
    Devoted July 2019 Ontario
    Donna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I went to my natural hair color like a chestnut light brown with blonde highlights, you will make the right choice good luck

• Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I used to dye my hair similarly to the last photo so I'm biased with that, but I'm sure whatever colour you choose will look great!

• E
    Ontario
    Elizabeth ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

It's hard to choose the best colour. However, I know you'd look gorgeous in whatever colour you choose. Just be confident in it and you should be okay, Michelle. Smiley smile

• Katie
    Newbie October 2024 Ontario
    Katie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I personally like the first or last picture you posted, I had a friend with your skin tone and the dark looked really nice. Though I would agree with the other girls, unfortunately in the summer it will lighten fast probably.

• Erin
    Super May 2022 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think I like the first pic the most, keep in mind I am very boring with my hair and have never had it coloured professionally.

• Valérie
    VIP September 2019 Quebec
    Valérie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I agree with Brittany here!

Having gone multiple shades of red and orange earlier in my life, I can definitely tell you that it fades fast and needs a lot of attention to maintain the vibrancy.

Like Brittany said, you should try out a more vibrant option now and see how you like it and how it fades. If, in the end, you don't like it...then you'll have plenty of time to switch to a colour that's more like the third picture (my favorite, btw!).Smiley smile

• Brittany
    Devoted August 2019 Alberta
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think they would all look lovely. The only thing with going Red is it does fade fairly quickly, especially in summer. Which can be a blessing or a curse.

Blessing, because if you go darker and do not like it, it should lighten substantially before the wedding. Curse because you are most likely going to have to get whatever you choose touched up atleast once or twice.

If you are leaning towards darker, I would go sooner rather than later. That way you get to test it out now, and if you do not like it there is plenty of time for it to fade and to change it.

• Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi Michelle!

I think you should pick whichever colour speaks to you/you like best - which one is your favourite?

You could always try one out before the wedding and if you do not like it - you can pick another one. I'm doing this with my hair - I borderline want to try highlights instead of my balayage that I currently have and I'm going to test it out to see if I like it.

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I like the last 2 hair colours. Dark red wedding hair gives that sheen and glisten of earthy vibrant. Dark red hair is very subtle yet nice of a colour that will look good on you.

• Chelsea
    Super June 2020 Alberta
    Chelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I like the last one!
  • Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

It's hard to say what will look best - but if I had to pick I would say go for the 2nd last pic Smiley smile

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics