Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Lynnie
WeddingWire Admin October 2016 North Carolina

Honeymoon Destinations - Where are you going?

Lynnie, on May 23, 2019 at 11:05 Posted in Honeymoon 0 32

Where are you going on your honeymoon?? Share your destination!! ✈️

Honeymoon Destinations - Where are you going? 1

Photo from Jana Guay - Travel Professionals International in Oakville, ON

32 Comments

Latest activity by Cass, on October 17, 2019 at 04:00
  • C
    Newbie August 2020 British Columbia
    Cass ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are doing a 4 day cruise through the Bahamas leaving Miami and then staying in Miami for 2 extra days after the cruise, before returning to Canada.
  • Nicole
    Newbie August 2019 British Columbia
    Nicole ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We're still planning, but wedding is in 25 days! We don't think we'll be going until April 2020 because of my fiance's work schedule. But we're thinking somewhere all inclusive in Mexico.

• Sadia
    Frequent user August 2021 Ontario
    Sadia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We’re still all over the place. Since were having a summer wedding next year I think we’ll postpone our honeymoon till the winter so we can go away while it’s cold and ugly here haha. We want something adventurous (FH cannot sit still annoyingly enough) so we might compromise and do Thailand for 10-12 days and then Maldives for 4 days (so I can get my relaxing honeymoon that I want so bad lol!). I would loooove to start the baby making in a place like the Maldives, but I also want to get at least 6 months of living as a couple before I get pregnant 😩
  • Haley
    Newbie May 2024 Ontario
    Haley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hello, we haven’t picked our honeymoon yet. But I am very interested in Mykonos Greece! Maybe go to Santorini as well has anyone done this? We have done the all inclusive thing a handful of times and doesn’t seem as exciting to us we want to explore something different Smiley smile

• Michelle
    Curious September 2019 Manitoba
    Michelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We’re getting married in September 2019 and going on our honeymoon to Varadero Cuba in March 2020. So excited! First time going to Cuba for both of us. We’re staying at Sol Palmeras.

Honeymoon Destinations - Where are you going? 2

Honeymoon Destinations - Where are you going? 3

Honeymoon Destinations - Where are you going? 4

Honeymoon Destinations - Where are you going? 5
  • Heloisa
    Newbie October 2021 Ontario
    Heloisa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are not really sure about our honeymoon. My family is coming from Brazil for the wedding, and I don't know how long they are staying for after the wedding. I would love to spend as much time as possible with them, but I also want to go on a honeymoon hahaha maybe we can go on a mini moon right after they leave.
  • Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We're going to Aruba! We've been on lots of tropical vacations together but we wanted a) someplace we havcen't been before and b) someplace without the risk of hurricanes.

• S
    Curious August 2020 Alberta
    Shyrelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I think we may be going camping in BC, but honestly I don't totally know. We agreed that I get the wedding I've always dreamed of and he gets to plan the honeymoon (I really couldn't care about those details lol). So far he's pretty hush hush so we shall see Smiley smile
  • S
    Curious August 2020 Alberta
    Shyrelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    We're saving a big holiday for sometime down the road too. For us it just isn't the right timing with some logistics. It would be more stress than it's worth. Your city adventure sounds fun!
  • Candace
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Candace ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are doing a delayed honeymoon in December to Dominican but we did a mini moon last night to Niagara Falls and had a blast
  • Loi-Marie
    Curious September 2021 Ontario
    Loi-Marie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We have always planned on going to the Maldives, so depending on how much we end up saving on our 50k budget, we will either do Maldives or an island in Africa (Seychelles, Zanzibar, Cape Verde, etc!) we definitely want to start on babies right away!
  • Amie
    Devoted August 2019 British Columbia
    Amie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I’m having troubles with this too. We want a tropical vacation and a beach but without the risk of Zika. Bahamas looks promising but it’s hurricane season in august (when we wanted to go). I will check the Canary Islands - thanks for mentioning that.

Ive also been looking at Greece (they offer all inclusive, if that’s a must for you) and Malta.

if you have points and can fly there on them, you can find a decent deal sometimes.
  • Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We're doing a Caribbean cruise: our ports of call are Honduras, Mexico, and the Bahamas!

• Mikaela
    Frequent user August 2019 New Brunswick
    Mikaela ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are doing a European adventure!
    Starting in Greece (Athens, Santorini and Kalamata) then to Vienna, Munich, and finishing in the Netherlands (we have family friends we will stay with for a bit in the south) flying out of Amsterdam!

It'll be my FHs first trans-atlantic trip, so I'm super excited to be the one to experience it with him!
  • K
    Expert June 2019 Ontario
    Kim ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We were planning on Savannah but I'm not too sure I want to spend my money in Georgia right now.
  • Danielle
    Newbie August 2019 Ontario
    Danielle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We're going to Toronto. Honestly, we want the opportunity to dick around a big city, eat great food, shop and have a little vacation.

One day, we can take a big vacation, but a tropical honeymoon for a Summer wedding maks little sense for us.

• Marissa
    Frequent user October 2021 Alberta
    Marissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We want to go on a cruise to the Caribbean. I have never been on a cruise or to the Caribbean before, and he has been on cruises and wants to go on more. His dad also lives in Roatán so we'll hopefully have time to visit one of the days.

• Jenn
    Newbie October 2019 Alberta
    Jenn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Mini moon to Victoria, BC for 3 days after the wedding, then 2 weeks to Guatemala at the end of January :-)

• Brittany
    Devoted August 2019 Alberta
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Honestly it's hit me hard too.

But then the logical part of my brain takes over, and realizes we have too much stuff to get in order and done before babies. lol

• Robyn
    Super June 2019 Ontario
    Robyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

A short minimoon in LA for us, right after the wedding, then 3 weeks in Italy in September! I'm so excited Smiley smile

• Casey
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Lol. Thank you! I honestly have been ready for a couple years, more so the baby fever has hit hard this year! I am turning 27 a couple weeks before our wedding, and FH is 31, so we want to get going!

• Brittany
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Both of you ladies are brave for jumping on the baby train right away!

I told FH I need some time to de-stress, enjoy being married, and get some much needed work done on our home.

Plus my IUD is good for another 3 years, so we can readdress the situation then haha.

I want babies, I do. But life has been so hectic .. I just want a little break. Can't wait too long though.. I will turn 27 two months after the wedding.

• Chelsea
    Super June 2020 Alberta
    Chelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Too funny! My FH is a 1990 baby, we started dating in 2010 and will be married in 2010 so all our anniversaries are pretty easy! My dad was born in 1970 and my step mom in 1980, so we’ll be celebrating a lot of big birthdays and anniversaries in 2020!

Im also trying to avoid Zika, and as far as tropical places, the only two “safe” places i’ve found are Bermuda - which is crazy expensive - and the Canary Islands - which are crazy far
  • Brittany
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Dominican! Puerto Plata.

FH's parents got it for us as a gift.

We aren't going until February though, so like 6 months later.. We figured its nicer to go away when it's cold and miserable here.

We might go do a mini moon for a few nights after the wedding in the mountains or something. Smiley smile

We were planning on going to Ontario to catch some family that cant make it... but it's more money to fly and such there than to go on another all inclusive trip somewhere. So probably not going to happen.

• Casey
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That would be a pretty cool difference between everyone! You never know what could happen!

My in laws keep bugging us about wanting another grandchild.. even though they have 6 currently lol.

Even if you guys do honeymoon later, you could always try before and do a babymoon and honeymoon together !

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Dang, well - I mean it's not the worst thing to have to postpone trying but my FH was really wanting a baby for 2020 Smiley tongue Not that we would have any say in that actually happening even if we do try (he was a 1990 baby and his dad was a 1960 baby so he wanted a 2020 baby for the exact 30 year difference).

We also don't know when we will be honeymooning though so we may not end up going until 2020 in general so that would suck to have to wait that long.

• Casey
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Ughh Zika is everywhere!

We booked an all inclusive in Mexico for 2 weeks at the beginning of November. My goal was to stop BC once we were married, but everywhere we wanted to go is in the "Zika" area. Just going to continue to BC until after our honeymoon!

• Chelsea
    Super June 2020 Alberta
    Chelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We had originally planned to do Florida and Walt Disney World, but we recently changed our minds! we want someone all inclusive and relaxing!
  • Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We change all the time but definitely going to spend a week in Grenada and another week somewhere where hurricanes don’t go Smiley smile.

seriously can’t wait until I can relax! It would be over 2 years since we had a vacation.
  • K
    Expert September 2018 British Columbia
    Kim ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We did a three day mini-moon in Whistler right after the wedding, then an 11 day western caribbean cruise out of New Orleans for the real honeymoon at the end of January/beginning of February.

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

No idea! We want to do a cruise but we can't plan anything ahead of time right now with me being in school in the evenings and him travelling so much for work... All we know for sure is that we want it to be warm, and we need it to be free of the Zika virus!

• Amanda
    Super June 2019 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hawaii !!!! We are staying at Turtle Bay

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics