Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Siobhan
Beginner September 2019 Ontario

Honeymoon ideas

Siobhan, on July 23, 2019 at 13:44 Posted in Honeymoon 0 15

Hi everyone !

We are really struggling with honeymoon ideas.

My FH wants all inclusive

I want a once in a life time trip. We have an excuse to spend the money right?

We want to do like 2 excursions.

I looked at new Zealand because i love lord of the rings - no all inclusive

hawai because of jurassic park - no all inclusive

costa rica because of jurassic park - the closest point is still a 36hr boat ride..

i could use some ideas!

wedding is September and we want to go the Monday following the wedding.

15 Comments

Latest activity by Jessy, on September 10, 2019 at 17:47
  • Jennifer
    Frequent user February 2024 Ontario
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We just got back from Hawaii 2 weeks ago and have decided we will honeymoon there. It's absolutely perfect, very clean & safe, no mosquitos or tummy troubles, food and water is all safe, romantic sunsets, beautiful beaches, amazing views/activities/people. I felt this was the best vacation spot I've ever been and I've done many all-inclusives -Dominican, Cuba, Mexico -and have traveled all over California, Florida, Miami, Thailand, France. Seriously this is the place to go, everything is the most beautiful scenery you've ever seen followed by the most delicious something or other you've ever eaten. And prices in Sept should be good still.
  • Natalia
    Curious May 2021 Ontario
    Natalia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Greece!!! Or Turkey, even Bora Bora! I also heard Bali was so beautiful! It all depends on how you want to spend it, by the beach or lots of activities?

• Vanessa
    Frequent user September 2019 Ontario
    Vanessa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are doing a mini-moon all inclusive right after the wedding to be together and relax. Then we're doing a bigger trip (probably to Europe) next year in May or June.

• Geneviève
    VIP September 2020 Ontario
    Geneviève ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Unfortunately, I think you're going to be hard-pressed to find an all-inclusive that isn't at risk of hurricanes in September. You could try the south like Aruba or Curacao, but they can be pricier.

A different option I'd suggest is Europe, because the alcohol is cheaper and they tend to have more lenient carry-out laws. The mediterranean could give you the beach vibe you're looking for and you can still enjoy good food and some movie references. Plus, the continent is wonderful that time of year (and fewer tourists!)

• Tamara
    Frequent user July 2019 Nova Scotia
    Tamara ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Personally, I've been trying to convince my husband (eeekk!! so cool to say) to go to Croatia for our honeymoon because of Game of Thrones. I've heard of a few people that have gone to New Zeland and seen hobbiton and said it was great. I love the jurassic park idea and would probably go with one of those!

• Sondra
    Frequent user August 2022 Ontario
    Sondra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My FH and I live in New Zealand currently. September is still winter here so expect low temperatures hovering 8-15 degrees and LOTS of rain. The weather is so up and down, just take that into consideration. Other than that New Zealand is lovely. I preferred Australian winter though 22-degree lows are perfect for me.

Indonesia is wonderful! Absolutely stunning and really safe on Bali.

Greece is also lovely and pretty affordable.

• Alix
    Expert June 2021 Saskatchewan
    Alix ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are wanting to go to New Zealand. We found a tour that goes to all the places they used to film Lord of the Rings. It was pretty reasonable for New Zealand but still pricey. I think it'll be 10,000 for the two of us to go. So we might have to save for awhile.

• Amanda
    Newbie September 2019 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are also getting married in September of this year. We booked Sandals Barbados. It will be rainy season but it’s out of the hurricane belt. Our second option was Aruba as it’s dessert like and guaranteed great weather. I just wasn’t a fan of the all inclusive hotel options they had there. We also didn’t love the idea of waiting until January 2020 to go on our honeymoon!
  • Siobhan
    Siobhan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Yes we have heard to be careful of hurricanes, however we want to go right after the wedding, so we will just have to be cautious of our choice Smiley smile

• Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm biased but Italy is my favourite place in the world. So I always recommend it every chance I get.

Cruises can be pricey, especially if you buy a drink package but be on the lookout for deals if that is what you want to do! Only thing I recommend is if you havent gone on a cruise before, your honeymoon might not be the best time to try it. In case someone gets sea sick, or claustrophic, etc. It can really dampen the trip.

We are going to two Sandals resorts (locations unknown right now). It is our big splurge. The only thing is, September would be hurricane season, so if you want to go south, pick somewhere that is not within the hurricane belt.

• Casey
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Cruises are a great way to see different places, and we have gotten some good prices on them. If you are looking in September you may be in luck, just keep in mind it is still hurricane season!

Drink packages are expensive depending on how much you drink. Carnival is about $50 bucks a day per person. Their drinks are about 6-10 bucks each depending on what you drink. But if you are stopping at islands, you are not on the boat, then you are paying for this package and not even on the boat.

There are so many nice all inclusives out there that you can do some really nice excursions!! You really have to do some searching. Cuba is beautiful, and so are many of the beaches, but the food is not the greatest, and there are some other places where the beaches are not the greatest, but the food is top notch!

• Siobhan
    Siobhan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    To be honest I don't know much about cruises or prices but was told if you like to drink its expensive
  • Becky
    VIP September 2019 Ontario
    Becky ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

It depends on how much you would already be spending if you went away to places your mentioning. I know when my parents go they buy a package to get the booze to be unlimited. But get what you mean!

• Siobhan
    Siobhan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    We would need alcohol all inclusive lol !

Weve debated a cruise but heard they get pricey
  • Becky
    VIP September 2019 Ontario
    Becky ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

What about Italy or even going on a crusie that hits different countries? The cruise would be all inclusive minis the booze and then you get to stop new place often plus different exurstions

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics