Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Breanne
Frequent user September 2019 Alberta

Honeymoon in 5 Days!!!

Breanne, on December 2, 2018 at 08:33 Posted in Honeymoon 0 24
Hello Everyone!

I’m so excited! My fiancé and I are leaving for our honeymoon on Friday! Well technically, it’s our pre-wedding honeymoon haha. We aren’t getting married until September 21st, 2019, but because of school/work commitments, we won’t be able to get away right after our wedding for an extended period of time, so we decided to do something a little non-traditional!

We are headed to the Riviera Maya! I’m just wondering if any of you lovelies had an tips, tricks, etc.? Anything we absolutely need to pack?

This is my fiancé’s first time travelling outside of Canada and it’s my first time travelling without my parents/family! I’m just trying to make sure that we are fully prepared!

Thanks everyone!!!

24 Comments

Latest activity by Breanne, on January 24, 2019 at 23:08
  • Breanne
    Breanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Hi Julie! 😊 Oh my goodness...it was absolutely amazing!!! I don’t even know where to start!

The staff at the resort were absolutely amazing! We were late arriving to our hotel, due to flight delays, and were exhausted by the time we arrived. We were greeted with water, champagne, and cool towels. Very refreshing. Checking in was so easy! We were helped to our room, and the gentleman who helped us gave us a little tour of the resort which was nice too! The servers at all of the restaurants remember your name and your drink order! Very impressive. The housekeeping staff is phenomenal too! Our room was immaculate and our mini bar was kept fully stocked!

The food was amazing too! So much selection and the quality was amazing! Drinks were fantastic too!

We didn’t end up doing any excursions or anything because we found tons to do on our resort and we were really enjoying just lounging. The entertainment staff does a phenomenal job at keeping everything rolling and making sure you know about all of the daily activities. They aren’t pushy though!

I really could go on and on! Let me know if you have any questions! 😊

Honeymoon in 5 Days!!! 1

Honeymoon in 5 Days!!! 2

Honeymoon in 5 Days!!! 3

Honeymoon in 5 Days!!! 4

Honeymoon in 5 Days!!! 5

Honeymoon in 5 Days!!! 6

Honeymoon in 5 Days!!! 7
  • Julie
    Expert March 2019 Ontario
    Julie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    How was your honeymoon? Our travel agent is strongly suggesting the same place you went so I'd love to hear what you thought please.
  • Breanne
    Breanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Ahhh Brittany!!! I’m so excited for you!!! ❤️
  • Brittany
    British Columbia
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yes yes yes! I'd love to see!!! Only 5 days til MY honeymoon now!!! EeeeeeSmiley heart
  • Breanne
    Breanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Hi Brittany! 😊 The cheesy commercials are always the best! 😜

The resort was absolutely BEAUTIFUL and we had an AMAZING time! I’m thinking about doing a post about it and including some pictures!
  • Brittany
    British Columbia
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I was trying to figure out where I'd heard the name recently, and the resort's website has their "make a secret" commercial on it... I remember now, seeing the "it's a secret" commercials... haha.

Cheese ball commercials... BEAUTIFUL looking resort!!! Hope you have a FABULOUS time!! Tell us all about it when you get back!!! Only 2 days to go now!! So exciting

• Breanne
    Breanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks so much Lily! We may have to look into doing something similar!
  • Breanne
    Breanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    We are staying at The Secrets Capri Riviera Maya!!! It is an all-inclusive resort! And it’s adults-only, which will be nice! This resort come highly recommended to us, so we are excited to check it out!

I am so with you on that!!! I’d rather have all the things I need then to have to track them down! I’ve paid $35 for a bottle of aloe vera before and I definitely don’t want to do that again! 😜

Thank you for the suggestions!
  • Breanne
    Breanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    We are staying at The Secrets Capri Riviera Maya!!! We’ve heard nothing but good things about this particular resort.

Thanks so much for the tips! I definitely want to check out some ruins! 😊
  • Breanne
    Breanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks so much Jennifer!!!

I definitely want to do some snorkelling! I’ve been once before and I’m dying to go again!!!
  • L
    Newbie August 2019 British Columbia
    Lily ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My fiancé and I went to cancun last year and the highlight of our trip was renting a car,
    driving to tulum for the day to enjoy the beautiful beach, funky restaurants and shopping, and go cenote hopping!
    enjoy Smiley smile
  • Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Tell us where you're staying!!! Is it all-inclusive or did you go for something different?

I'd say bring:

bug spray

medicine for headaches, diarrhea, constipation, nausea, acid reflex, basically anything you can think of lol

sun block

tampons/pads

band aids

aloe vera

And there's so much more. I believe in bringing things "just in case" because the last thing you want is to need something and be forced to pay a high premium for it.

• Brittany
    British Columbia
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Oooh where are you staying?! We went to Riviera Maya for my cousin's wedding, and it was wonderful. I would say remember US cash for tips (even with all inclusives, you're going to want to have US cash to tip, and find a couple good bartenders/waiters, tip them well to start, and you'll be spoiled the whole trip).

Some of our group went into town to go to Coco Bongo one night, they said they had fun... Also if you like any historical/outdoors-y stuff, I would look into doing a day excursion to see some ruins, or explore a bit.

Overall just enjoy yourself, and don't forget your sunscreen!!!

• Jennifer
    Super July 2019 Ontario
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Pack sunscreen, allergy pills, ginger gravol (I get the pills and the chewable drops), tums.

if you are a drinker. a michelada in the am is soooo good. and try ceviche. YUMMM.

I would do a catamaran/snorkeling excursion. the water is beautiful.

• Breanne
    Breanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That’s a great idea too! Thanks Alie! 😊
  • Alie
    Frequent user September 2019 Ontario
    Alie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    We also went to the dollar store and bought those tiny stretchy elastics abd gave them to the locals along the beach and we found a bunch braiding hair
  • Breanne
    Breanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks Stephanie! 😊

I’ll be sure to pack some!
  • Breanne
    Breanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Hi Alie! 😊 Thanks so much for the awesome suggestions!!!

Great idea on the bracelets!
  • Breanne
    Breanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks Casey! Awesome suggestions!

I totally agree on having things just in case!

Thanks so much! 😊 We are both really looking forward to some rest and relaxation since we’ve been crazy busy with wedding planning and work lately!
  • Breanne
    Breanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Thanks Lisa! 😊 We are very excited! Ooooo a beach bag! Good suggestion! Seems obvious but I would’ve forgotten one! I will post pics for sure!
  • Stephanie
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Have a great time!!! My only addition on top of peoples comments here is bring some tums!! My FH got heart burn really bad on one of our trips and it spoiled a large chunk of a day...
  • Alie
    Frequent user September 2019 Ontario
    Alie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I went to Cuba a few years ago... I made a ton of bracelets for the local children/ room service attendants. Went for a week ... Also brought lipbalm with sunscreen in it. 4 bottles of sunscreen. A firstaid kit. Plenty of swim suits. Comfy shoes for day trips. Sandles. A drezs for dinner.. Plenty of perzonal sized hygiene products (we left those behind)

Used a small cinch bag as a purse... Brought plenty of non meltable snacks for both the plane rides and to have in the roim. A hat... Sunglasses are also a must... But i wouldn't recommend bringing a very expensive pair... I brought a few pairs from the dollarstore

Bug spray. Baby wipes. Baby powder works wonders betwern the thighs.. So does antiperspirant.. . . long legged pj pants and sleeveless pj shirt is what i had to sleep in... Bring a big insulated cup... That way you have plenty of to drink without the line ups at the bar... Qtips.. And other hygiene items... Only brought minimal make up due to potential melting... Also brought my own beach towel (a huge obe) so id have it..
  • Casey
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Bring snacks! We usually bring gold fish, chocolate bars, etc when we go away. Just so if we have a late night craving we don’t have to spend a lot of money from the shops.

Bug spray! We just got back from Cuba and got eaten alive!

Over the counter meds. Benadryl, pepto, Imodium, you never know what you may need and it’s better to have it than to go searching!

I would say those are the main ones!
    Enjoy your trip! So great to have that relaxing time before the wedding!
  • Lisa
    Expert August 2019 Alberta
    Lisa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Have a great time, Breanne! Make sure you put on lots of sunscreen every day! I usually bring a beach bag with me as well - easier to carry all your stuff with you for the days you chill on the beach. Drink lots of water, try to explore the area too - cenotes and the ruins around there are great!! And post pics!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics