Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

M
Newbie September 2021 Ontario

Honeymoon Registry?

Megan, on March 6, 2019 at 14:20 Posted in Before the wedding 0 10
My FH and I own a home together, because of this reason I don't feel a shower is needed as we have everything we need. There have been a few people that have been vocal in having a small shower regardless

Are their other options? A few people have mentioned registering for a trip and having people contribute to the trip or excursions on the trip.

Any thoughts, opinions or advice would be great

10 Comments

Latest activity by Sarah, on March 21, 2019 at 02:41
  • Sarah
    Expert August 2021 British Columbia
    Sarah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Let them plan their little party but ask for help towards the honeymoon instead of physical gifts.
  • Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Me too, I just hope people follow it now lol

• M
    Megan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Love the gift card idea!
  • M
    Megan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks Leah! I'm super excited to learn from everyone and start planning!
  • Leah
    VIP April 2019 British Columbia
    Leah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Ideally we'd have a liquor registry, but know our parents wouldn't be happy about that, so we're forgoing a registry all together.

Congratulations on your engagement! Welcome to the Wedding Wire community!

• Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm in a similar boat! I don't find the shower necessary, but my mom is putting one on for me.

Her suggestion was to do gift cards, so that way I can spend the money on what I want, but I still get something other than a cheque.

We're mostly doing this since I have to fly down for my shower and won't have room to bring stuff back with me on a plane.

• Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I’d just have a shower and don’t put a registry. I think most people would know to gift money if there’s no registry ☺️
  • Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

An amazon registry sounds fantastic!! You could even have people buy you things like toilet paper!! lol Something that you WILL NEED! (I assume...)

• M
    Megan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Very true. Where we live, there are no longer any places to register which is kind of sad! So I was also told when the time comes to think of an Amazon registry.

I've only ever attended the traditional wedding shower so all these ideas are knew to me. Now when starting to plan our own wedding their are so many options and lots to think about
  • Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I will be doing a small wedding shower for this reason as well Smiley smile

Although we will will have lived in our home for over a year by the time of the shower, I know that lots of my cousins won't be able to come to the wedding as it's 18+ (legal drinking age) so it's one way to try and involve them.

I did consider a honeymoon shower type of thing but it seems weird to me to ask for money for a trip when in my family the main purpose of a shower is so that the older family members can give you physical items.

I personally vote for having one and just maybe give a colour scheme for them to follow or register for things you will always need like more towels and maybe bigger items that they can all chip in to get you (like a really good vacuum or food sealer!).

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics