Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Valerie
Newbie October 2017 Ontario

How can i reproduce this?

Valerie, on July 21, 2017 at 16:44 Posted in DIY 0 8

Hello,

I came across this photo on Pinterest and the original link seems to be broken so I have no idea where this thing is from or how I can get supplies in order to re-create this thing. I actually don't even know what you would call this.. Is it a ornament, just a decoration or is there a specific name to it? I see lots of pictures of people putting a rosemary sprig on the menu or a little flower of some sort so there must be a name for this type of menu decoration. Anyway, I am wondering how I can re-create this exact look for my own menus for my wedding. Any ideas of where I can get the items?

Menu decorationMenu decoration

8 Comments

Latest activity by Vinod, on January 16, 2018 at 20:05
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    The card is available at staples for 80 lb sheets to hold good and solid. The decor on top michaels has which hot gun is one way to put it on a robbon before wrapping it around the menu. Ebay or amazon will sell the same for a low price as a lot.
  • Ashley
    Super June 2018 Alberta
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Michaels!! can do this super easily!!!

• Laura
    Super September 2017 Alberta
    Laura ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

That is just a dried arrangement. You could likely get all the supplies you need at Michaels, you might need to snip down some larger branches of leaves to get the individual leaves, seed stems and grasses and then just tie a ribbon around your menu and tie the arrangement on top easy peasy and super customizable! Great idea!

• Zoë
    Master June 2020 Ontario
    Zoë ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi Valerie!

That looks beautiful! Here are some rustic and DIY decor discussions you might find really useful:

5 Fall table decors from Canadian Real Weddings

How will you decorate your head table?

Colour Palette: Warm or cold colours?

Have you decided on wedding favours yet? Fall ingredients might be nice! Smiley smile

• Kaitlyn
    Newbie September 2018 Ontario
    Kaitlyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Also try Ali Express if you're not in a time crunch. Cheap fake flowers and cheap shipping. Timing of shipping is just hit or miss.
  • Katherine
    Super September 2017 New Brunswick
    Katherine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    They are very pretty and don't look that hard to do... I would use a glue gun before wrapping with ribbon... Check out the dollar store and Wal-Mart.
  • Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I agree with Lesley. Take it to Michael's or a similar store and ask someone to help you out.

• Lesley
    Super September 2017 Manitoba
    Lesley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I feel like you could take this photo to michael's and check out their fake flower section. It looks like those leaves and acorn are gathered together and tied with a ribbon that's wrapped around the menu. You can see what michael's has and also check on amazon for something similar. it looks easy enough to recreate yourself. To make it easier, I'd just wrap the bundle with a ribbon or twine and make a bow. I wouldn't worry about wrapping it around the menu. That way you can make them yourself well in advance and your venue can just place them on top.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics