Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Brittany
Devoted August 2019 Alberta

i Spy - Guest Photo "menu"

Brittany, on January 21, 2019 at 13:10 Posted in Wedding reception 0 7

We are hoping to encourage our guests to take & share some photo's/videos from our reception as we are not having a videographer. We will print cards of the moments we would like them to capture and upload with our hashtag, and are looking for some more ideas! We may even offer a special thanks or "reward" to whomever captures the most or something. I know some of our friends will love that idea.

So for Photos we are wanting things our photographer might miss.

So far we have :

Cutest Couple, A couple you don’t know, Group Photo of your table, Bride & Groom Holding Hands, Couple besides Bride & Groom Dancing, Couple Holding Hands, Someone Busting a Move

for Video we have:

A personal Message for the Bride & Groom, Grand Entrance, First Dance, Cake Cutting, Bouquest Toss, Garter Toss, Toasts, Bride & Groom Kissing

Any other suggestions?

7 Comments

Latest activity by Stephanie, on January 30, 2019 at 13:48
  • Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Great idea!
    My ideas: pictures of bride/groom hugging guests (some of my fave pics are ones where I’m hugging a friend), picture of bride or groom with a parent or sibling (or someone in particular), someone photobombing another table or group shot or bride or groom talking to someone (might want to limit this as I can see people thinking it’s funny to photobomb your first dance and then all your first dance include someone doing silly in the background, for example), buffet line or plate of food, late night snack (I’m not one to take pictures of my food, but I actually wish I had a picture of my wedding food!)
  • Leah
    VIP April 2019 British Columbia
    Leah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

What a great idea!

How about something related to candid moments, or someone crying (with joy)?

Or, if you're allowing for kids, a photo of them doing something (dancing? sleeping? digging into their dessert with glee?)

• Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

No problem, we actually aren't having parent dances, so funny I came up with that for you lol.

We are having a wedding party dance where our wedding party can dance with their SO (MOH and a bridesmaid are planning on dancing together) and our parents can join in and dance together.

We also aren't having a videographer either so that's why I like this idea!

We are doing the shoe game, more on that Here.

• Brittany
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I don't know why I totally blanked on parent dances! Thank you for reminding me Smiley smile

• Brittany
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I am still trying to decide if we are doing the whole formal send off thing. Depends if I feel comfortable asking our family to do all the tear down without us. :/ But good idea if we do!

And yes I really like the idea of having some video clips to look back on, or photo's from a different perspective Smiley smile Without dropping another $2000 for a videographer lol

• Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I like this idea! I may have to steal it lol

I think you have most things to get captured, you could add speeches to the video category if your doing them, same with parent dances.

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think that sounds like a great way to get your guests to act as your photographer/videographer! I think I may just do something like this too!

Also add in there if you are doing it - the shoe game and the send-off of the bride and groom

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics