Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Kirsten
Frequent user October 2025 Alberta

Invites

Kirsten, on March 19, 2019 at 20:24 Posted in DIY 0 10
So originally I wanted to do online invites to save money but after looking through Pinterest for inspiration I found invites that I love but i would have to DIY them. Any recommendations on what I should do,or what the estimated cost would be to DIY my invites for like 60-70 people?

10 Comments

Latest activity by Donna Yeung, on April 20, 2019 at 05:19
  • Donna Yeung
    Devoted August 2018 British Columbia
    Donna Yeung ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Vista Print would be the way to go esp if you want colored invites. If you're good with using Illustrator, you can also create your own and have them printed.

• BunnyBride
    Super August 2334 Nova Scotia
    BunnyBride ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I would get you design ready then sit on it (as long as you can) until Vista Print has a sale. Even though they e-mail a lot, sign up for the e-mail notifications for sales. They occasional have REALLY good (like 50-60% off) 24 hour sales that are easy to miss otherwise.

• Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I like the Vista Print route of getting them on sale! It's significantly cheaper than anticipated and the quality is pretty good!

• S
    Curious August 2019 British Columbia
    Svetlana ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I literally designed the save the dates in publisher, saved them as jpeg for each coupl/household and we sent them out over facebook/email. Cost $0.00 and I got to show off my nerdy skills. I think diy for stationary is an awesome way to make the wedding yours and save money Smiley smile
  • Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Like Stephanie, I'm designing my own invites. My work has me work a bit in graphic design for marketing and I can print them off with either Vistaprint (upload my own design) or on my own for pretty cheap! (Vistaprint will have sales often so look out for those!)

• Stephanie
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I did DIY for all my save the dates and invites! I am a graphic designer and work at a print show so it was super easy for us haha!

Don't forget! For 60-70 people, some of those will be a couple or family so you will really only need 30-40 Save the Dates/Invites made!

• Becky
    VIP September 2019 Ontario
    Becky ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

If you are a crafty person and don't mind doing it yourself than that works great! I would design your template using one of the places Valerie suggested. For the printing because of the size of paper in the picture, I would look up places that carry this- example any paper companies near you or local office supplies places. This might be something the stock thickness and size you could print at home instead and then I would look into where you could find those envelopes.

Vista print just ended their 50% sale last night- I ordered 60 invitations for ceremony, 60 dinner and dance invites (two separate venues for that day), 60 rsvp cards (wedding wire link on it), and 40 reception only invitations along with 100 envelopes (they all had my return address on back of envelope) for $140. plus taxes of $20 and shipping of $10 so came out to $170 total but I did order a lot. This is just an idea of deals you could get and seeing the prices of ordering vs DIY

• Robyn
    Super June 2019 Ontario
    Robyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I think invitations are a great thing to DIY if you have experience with paper crafts. There are also templates on etsy that you can customize and print on your own Smiley smile
  • Kirsten
    Frequent user October 2025 Alberta
    Kirsten ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I have a lot of time so I am willing to do quite a bit of DIY. I found this and kinda liked it. I will look into all the stuff you recommended

Invites 1
  • Valérie
    VIP September 2019 Quebec
    Valérie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    How much DIY are you ready to do? What are the ideas you found? Cost would depend on the extend of your DIY.

We've been able to keep the costs down, by buying an editable wedding invitation template from Etsy ($25) and printing them via Vistaprint ($45). They usually send LOADS of coupons and they always have deals on. I also designed our own wedding website via wix.com, and the RSVP form via RSVPify ($40 for the "upgraded" access).

If you want to cut the price down some more, you could design your own invitations through canva.com and have them printed through vistaprint Smiley smile

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics