Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Rebeca
Beginner March 2019 Ontario

Is there an option in the Rsvps for guests to add their food allergies/dietary restrictions?

Rebeca, on January 21, 2019 at 13:55 Posted in Tech support 0 7

Just wondering if there is an option to add in the RSVPs or even in the menu selection to have people fill in or select their allergies or restrictions?

7 Comments

Latest activity by Julie, on January 21, 2019 at 23:17
  • Julie
    Expert March 2019 Ontario
    Julie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    On our RSVPs they give meal choices and then at the bottom, it says please let us know of any allergies or dietary restrictions.
  • Rebeca
    Rebeca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thanks so much for the quick response and help! I will definitely let my guests know to leave any restrictions in the comment section. I did send out rsvps to some of my guests and have a space where they can specify their allergies or food restrictions. Just thought if there was an option to have it all online in one place. Thanks again!

• Rebeca
    Rebeca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thanks Tori for your input! I did put a space on the actual RSVPs for guests to write them all out but was hoping for an online option to keep it all in one place! Smiley smile

• Rebeca
    Rebeca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thanks Geneviève! I come from a family with a loooonnnnng line of dietary restrictions and the venue definitely wanted to be aware of all of them. Thankfully I did add a line onto my RSVPs for my guests to write it all down. I used Vistaprint too! Just wanted to see if there was an additional option for those who chose the online route of RSVPing.

• WeddingWire Support Team
    WeddingWire Admin December 2018 District of Columbia
    WeddingWire Support Team ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi Rebeca!

If you're not using the Meal Tracking feature to track meal selections for your guests, you're welcome to change the "meal options" listed there to reflect different dietary restrictions instead! For example, you could remove the food options and add Vegetarian, Vegan, Gluten-Free, or N/A (and so on). Then, your guests would be prompted to select one of those options when submitting their RSVP! The only limiting factor here is that guests can't type in their own response – you would need to add all the options for your guests to choose from.

If you're going to be using Meal Tracking for meals, your best option will be to request that your guests make note of any restrictions in the Comment section of the RSVP form.

Hope this helps!

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

If you are talking about through the wedding wire website - not that I'm aware of, but maybe put on your website to have people contact you directly for that information?

That or perhaps contact the WeddingWire Support Team or emailing *******@***********.** for faster help Smiley smile

• Geneviève
    VIP September 2020 Ontario
    Geneviève ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

You definitely can leave a blank line for dietary restrictions. We did our RSVPs on Vistaprint and you can completely customize your stationery with them. We added a dietary restrictions line because we know some guests (myself included) have restrictions and want to be prepared. Caterers/venues usually want to know restrictions ahead of time so I'd suggest using your RSVPs or something else to notify your guests beforehand.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics