Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Emily
Frequent user August 2019 New Brunswick

Just going with it

Emily, on May 24, 2019 at 08:10 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 17

I have some to the conclusion that as long as we have the someone to marry us, someone to play music for the dance and some to make the food I don't care about the rest. I have been so stressed out lately that its been taking a toll.

just going to try and set back and enjoy the big day and the next two months leading up to it

17 Comments

Latest activity by Becky, on May 28, 2019 at 11:44
  • Becky
    VIP September 2019 Ontario
    Becky ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Yes! I have came to a similar conclusion at this point haha

• Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I agree! It's usually my mom who asks me what I'm doing about minute details and it gets me stressed out then I remember we have all the big things that make a wedding!

• Sharlene
    Expert August 2019 Alberta
    Sharlene ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I agree!!! Why do people keep bringing up details they expect you to have taken care of when it is something they can handle for themselves. Our budget is not unlimited!
  • Valérie
    VIP September 2019 Quebec
    Valérie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I really needed to read this and all of your responses.

This weekend was packed with wedding planning items (all done..BAM!), but focusing on the details really started stressing me out.

It's definitely time to take a step back and focus on what's important! Smiley heart

• Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

That's a really great attitude to adopt when planning your wedding. I know it's so easy to get carried away, so focusing on what's important (you two getting married!) is a good strategy Smiley smile

• Allison
    Frequent user June 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Honestly its the best mindset you could have. If all the important details are taken care of (include the rings on that list if they are of importance to you) you're good to go.

*if you loop back and start to panic again, just think of a time you've been to any other wedding (if you have) and try to remember what they did for decor, or for food or for their timeline and you might realize that as a guest you don't notice all the little details because they truly only matter to the bride and groom.

• Janaya
    Expert August 2019 Saskatchewan
    Janaya ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm on the same page! just sitting back and relaxing for a little bit since all of the super important stuff is done! also, my personal trainer showed me this breathing technique that really helps with stress so it goes *breath in for 5 seconds, hold for 5 and then breath out for 7 seconds* It has helped me calm down so much and stress way less

• Kelly
    Expert September 2019 Manitoba
    Kelly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Good idea. I always try to remind myself that nobody will rememebr what my table numbers looked like, so they aren't worth stressing about!

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Good for you both and just stay on this track. As much as anything or anyone says something, its not much of how we want to listen to it. The fact that we just surpass it and get on with the idea of the day and enjoying the celebrations is the best part. All will just be forgotten and the party mood in full swing.

There was so much done on my end and family still didn't accept many aspects of what I did say or how it was looked at, they turned me down for it. Even just the fact that my dad didn't want to see us kissing and just disregarded that idea knowing my husband would want that to happen.

Though the family issues weren't resolved with my SIL about religion, my brother and his know it all attitude, my mom and I fighting just seem to go away at the end. My SIL putting her Christian way of sin of us getting married was put aside and asked to attend my wedding, my brother and I made up after giving the speech and my mom was happy to see everything looked beautiful as the same with my dad.

• Tiffany
    Frequent user August 2023 Ontario
    Tiffany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I’m with you all. People are already asking me about have you thought about decorations for your head table, and table numbers and this and that. I’m just like as long as we’re both there, happy and good food. I could care less.
  • Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I feel you on this! I’m super type AAAAA and anal about basically everything.

Im trying my best to just go with the flow on everything.
  • Kathy
    Frequent user August 2019 Ontario
    Kathy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I agree with this. I didn’t include a dress code with my invitations and my friends asked me what to wear. I said, hey I don’t care - where white, blush, whatever you want lol. It works better this way. I always imagine being relaxed leading up to the wedding. but sometimes it’s hard lol.
  • Lisa
    Expert August 2019 Alberta
    Lisa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

That's been my attitude pretty much this whole time (with the odd moment of lapse in there). As long as we get married and have some good food and drinks, it's all good!

• Erin
    Super May 2022 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Yes to all the above, at the end of the day you have each other and that's all that matters.

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Yuuuuuup, that's what I keep telling people when they ask me how everything is going. I just say, hey - we have the venue, an officiant, food, music, and booze. I really could care less about the rest. It has been a big stress reliever whenever I get worked up.

• Casey
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I agree with Amanda. Most people don't notice the little details like the bride or groom would.

The most important thing is you and your FH getting married and starting this next chapter of your life together. Anything else is just an added bonus.

• Amanda
    Super June 2019 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

That's what I'm doing!! The most important stuff is done so why stress?? On the day of you won't even notice if everything has gone according to plan or not... everyone will have a great time.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics