Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Melinda
Devoted September 2017 Ontario

Meals for vendors

Melinda, on July 21, 2017 at 09:08 Posted in Wedding reception 0 9

I am of course planning to provide food to vendors that will be at my wedding all day, such as the photographer, but do I actually set a place for her at a table? I don't want her to feel cast aside, but my space is tight and if she doesn't actually sit down to eat, it will be a waste of one chair. Same goes for the officiant. I know the most logical thing would be to just ask them, but I feel awkward about it, so I'm asking you guys first because it's easier lol! What are you planning to do, set a place or just assume they will eat as they work?

9 Comments

Latest activity by Vinod, on January 1, 2018 at 16:11
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Our vendors ate between the cocktail hour and reception entrance at a table seperate from the set up. See if the venue has a area for them.
  • Natalie
    Curious June 2017 Quebec
    Natalie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Our venue set up a small bistro-size table just for our photographer near the head table. It didn't take much room and she could see the action and get up whenever needed. She constantly ran around to get the best shot. I had debated to place her on a table with the other guests so not to single her out but she was out and about nearly the whole time so socializing was not really her priority.
  • Melinda
    Melinda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Good point!

• Laura
    Super September 2017 Alberta
    Laura ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Also if the photographer is sitting in the middle of things and they see something that needs a photo, then they can hop up and take a photo if they are off in the corner they will miss things. Smiley heart

• Laura
    Super September 2017 Alberta
    Laura ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I am putting them into the seating chart because if they are eating they need somewhere to sit. The DJ I am not because they specified that he would just need a table setting where he is running the equipment.

• Melinda
    Melinda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Ok, thanks for the input! I'll put her at a table so I'm not super rude!

• Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Our photographers are family friends so we have them seated at a table with some other guests.

• Chelsea
    Master August 2017 Ontario
    Chelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I have put my photographer down at a table as if she were a guest. She will be with us the entire day and I didn't want her to be sitting by herself somewhere in the reception hall.

• Lisa
    VIP May 2018 Ontario
    Lisa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    They get a seat, absolutely. Your vendor may get a smaller table. The officiant probably won't stay for the whole thing anyway.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics