Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

M
Newbie October 2019 Ontario

Mixed Metals - Gold & Silver

Melanie, on June 19, 2019 at 09:48 Posted in Wedding fashion 0 14

I am having a hard time deciding what jewelry to wear for the wedding day. Our wedding colors are Green and Gold but my rings and my fiance ring will be white gold.

I do not know if I should incorporate gold jewelry into my bridal look or keep it white gold to march my rings. I am worried if I wear gold it might look odd next to my rings.

I am wondering if anyone else has mixed metals for their wedding look or what you suggestions might be.

Thanks so much!

14 Comments

Latest activity by Lussierk00@outlook.com, on June 23, 2019 at 10:03
  • Lussierk00@outlook.com
    Curious January 2020 Manitoba
    Lussierk00@outlook.com ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Omg I'm having the exact same issue! So far I have been matching all my accessories to the silver/white gold theme of my engagement ring because that also goes better with my dress. I would say whatever colours compliment your dress more; go with that. No one is going to notice really because your rings are so small. But I would say the rest of the jewlery needs to either be all silver or all gold, no in between. If you really think you would feel more comfortable matching everything to your white gold ring, I wouldn't worry about not going along with your wedding colours. You'll have plenty of other chances to use gold in the wedding! I'm personally doing gold shoes! Hope this helped!
  • Erin
    Super May 2022 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I never even thought to match my accessories to my decor colours. I think this is one detail you don't need to stress over. I personally would just have my jewellery match/compliment each other.
  • Kelly
    Expert September 2019 Manitoba
    Kelly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Just like centerpieces, this falls into the category of "nobody will notice or remember".

Only you will notice this tiny detail. Your guests won't care. Wear what you want!

We have lots of gold decor as part of our wedding, but our rings will be white gold.

• Brittany
    Devoted August 2019 Alberta
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I am mixing. I have a rose gold belt for my dress. My dress is kind of blushy and nothing else I tried on looked good with it colour wise. Because of that I am doing my necklace, bracelet, and earrings rose gold as well. However my ring is white gold, and my facial piercings will be silver to match. I feel like a rose gold nose ring just would not look right on me. I think if thing are far enough away from each other, or smaller details it wont clash as much as if I had a giant silver necklace right above my dress with a rose gold belt.

• Sarah
    Expert July 2021 Ontario
    Sarah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I love mixed metals. Gives a very bohemian vibe. But you can do all white gold for your jewellery. You don’t need to match the decor inch for inch.
  • Holly
    VIP June 2019 Ontario
    Holly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I mixed on my wedding day. My wedding band is white gold and my engagement ring is yellow gold. I work a white gold bracelet in that hand and on my right and I work a gold ring with a gold bracelet. My earrings and other accessories were all white gold too. My engagement ring also has a tiny bit of white gold on it so it worked really well together.
    I personally love mixed gold's and colours!
  • Katelyn
    Super October 2019 Ontario
    Katelyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    So I have silver jewelry my earrings were a gift from my FH for our first anniversary that have a touch of blue. Pearl's that I'm borrowing from my mom that belonged to her grandmother. Silver facial piercings that I bought for the day. But my grandmother gave me a bracelet to wear that is gold. It's really special so I figured if people have a problem with me mixing metals then they can shove it. You do you girl.
  • Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    What colour is your dress? I initially was dead set on wearing gold jewelry for my wedding day but there’s silver beadwork in the bodice of my dress, so silver (or white gold) jewelry it is.
  • Chelsea
    Super June 2020 Alberta
    Chelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I’m in the same pickle, also doing green and gold as my colours! All my bridesmaids will be wearing gold jewelry and I was stressing out about mixed metals, but now i’m leaning towards pearls for myself. That was I’ll stand out, and I personally feel that pearls are more “bridal”. my dress will even have a belt with some pearl detailing
  • Seleena
    Super September 2019 British Columbia
    Seleena ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I am also having a hard time choosing jewelry. My ring is also white gold, but I am looking at headpieces that are either gold or rose gold. And earrings that are rose gold. I think whatever you choose, people won't be looking at the different colours of metals anyways.

• Casey
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I have gold as part of our accent colours. It is mainly just on centerpieces and the chairs throughout the venue. Our rings are both white gold and I am wearing white gold or silver jewlery, because you are the bride it is ok for you to be different!

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I would keep it all white gold/ silver for your jewelry, the colour scheme to go with should be just on you rather than the surroundings you are in.

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

The jewelry your choosing for your outfit is fine since the rings are what you two want to match to each other. The rings really don't have any effect of your colours to how you corporate the accessories. The rings are forever as to jewelry that is to match your outfits in whole.

Your fine in what your wearing and nothing to think twice about.

• Becky
    VIP September 2019 Ontario
    Becky ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I have rose gold for our bands- his has a bit of a silver as well on his. Then for my bridal jewelry its gold. I think it will look fine because your ring is on your hand and jewerly is on your neck or ears and won't clash.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics