Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Tamara
Frequent user July 2019 Nova Scotia

Mr. & Mrs!

Tamara, on August 7, 2019 at 12:38 Posted in Just married 0 19

We did it! I cannot describe to you guys how fast the day went and I wanted to share a bit of what I learned from the whole thing.

#1 -So much of what you thought would matter, did not matter. The day went by so fast and it seems like you are jumping from one moment to the next and then it is gone. You aren't going to think about what happened to the salt and pepper shakers, or if the centrepieces look as good as they did last night.

#2 -Let yourself be emotional. You are over tired, over worked, and about to marry the love of your life in front of a bunch of people. I found everything just clicked into place after our first look. I can't tell you enough how much calmer I was for the ceremony and how much I enjoyed spending that time with him, seeing each other for the first time.

#3 -Family photos are brutal. You can tell people until you are blue in the face that family photos will be done after the ceremony and you won't be able to get every photo you want in any particular order. You may even have to forego some photos because its just too much. And that's ok. It really is. There will be plenty things about your day that you will wish happened just a bit different and that is normal. Your day was still beautiful and it was yours.

#4 -Ask your wedding party to keep a slight eye on the flower girls and ring bearer. We put kinder eggs at the end of the isle to keep them entertained but our nephew was so into our ceremony that he literally stood in front of my husband trying to see what was happening. Super adorable and he did a great job- but we were left with not a single photo of just the two of us under the arch. Literally not one. You can even see his head in our vow photos lol. The photographer is going to try her best to photoshop him out of a single photo, but it may not be able to happen. Just ask someone to keep an eye out and to direct them back to their spot if they can. You would think they might do this on their own, but probably won't think of it unless you mention it.

#5 -Eat and drink water. Enough said. You want to party all night so fuel your body to do so. Though, I have no idea where brides and grooms find the time to drink. I spent most of the night migrating from group to group socializing with our guests.

#6 -If you are like me, you will be so tired the day after the wedding and will have such a huge amount of cleanup that you won't feel the excitement until day two. Don't panic. You're just too worn out to feel too many emotions. It will come.

#7 -Big shout out to anyone who has done a wedding at home before. The work involved has been astronomical. I also had a hard time reminding family that this event is different. When I am standing, without pants on, trying to get into my dress, this is not the time to barrel in front of the photographer because you need to check your hair in the bathroom.

Our day was so far from perfect and so close to being perfect all at once. Stop for a minute during yours and just look. Take notice of everyone there and that they love you. Take notice of all the little things and take a breath. Its over so fast.

1st and 3rd photos are credited to our amazing Photographer with Sambino's Photography. If you live in Nova Scotia, please check her out. You will not be disappointed!

Mr. & Mrs! 1

Mr. & Mrs! 2

Mr. & Mrs! 3

19 Comments

Latest activity by Tamara, on August 20, 2019 at 10:59
  • Tamara
    Tamara ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

The dip was a must for me! That was even on my photo list lol

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Congratulations!!! Love, love, love that last pick with the dip!

• Erin
    Super September 2019 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    He was thinking about it. My dad was trying to convince him to wear our clan tartan as well (kilt or sash) and we could do a naming ceremony or something, but my fiance doesn't want to upset his own father so I think he'll just keep his name.
  • Tamara
    Tamara ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That is so exciting! We did a handfasting ceremony with my sash and then I wore it after when we were officially married. Is your fiance taking your last name?

• Erin
    Super September 2019 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I LOVE to see you wearing the tartans! I will be wearing my clan sash for my wedding, as I'm keeping my name. Congratulations!

• Katelyn
    Super October 2019 Ontario
    Katelyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    So happy for you girl! You look stunning. And you both look so happy. Thanks for the advice. Glad everything went well.
  • Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Congratulations! Beautiful photos! Enjoy some time to relax now!!
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Congrats to you both!

Tips are excellent for those looking forward to their day. It always seems that what others in our family knows may not exactly be the case as I went through the battles personally. You both rock the pictures looking natural.

• Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Congratulations and thanks for the tips!!

• Veronica
    Super October 2021 Alberta
    Veronica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Congratulations and thank you for all the advice!

• Miav
    Devoted September 2020 Alberta
    Miav ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Congratulations and thank you so much for your tips! Smiley laugh beautiful photos Smiley heart

• Tamara
    Tamara ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Wow! Just one month left to go. The time will fly but the day will be perfect. I felt a lot of emotions that day and realized that some of them can only be felt on you wedding day. Enjoy them Smiley smile and good luck on your day. It will be great!

• Valérie
    VIP September 2019 Quebec
    Valérie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Congrats!
    I felt my shoulders relax a bit after reading your advice. I need to print and read them as mantras until the wedding day (in a MONTH) - Thank you!!!

• Lisa
    Expert August 2019 Alberta
    Lisa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Wow, amazing photos! Love the tartan! You look so happy, congratulations!

• Sarah
    Expert July 2021 Ontario
    Sarah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Love the play by play, thank you for sharing!!! And great pics!! Congrats!!
  • Tamara
    Tamara ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Haha they absolutely do!

• Casey
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Congrats! Beautiful pictures.

Honestly the best advice out there. Especially about the family photos. People think that because you have a photographer they can take all these professional pictures and forget that they were hired to capture photos of you and your husband! lol

• Tamara
    Tamara ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thank you so much! But hey, if you don't remember about the kids on your wedding day- its no big deal. What I would try to do, is just add it to your photo list so the photographer can snap one of you.

• Becky
    VIP September 2019 Ontario
    Becky ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Beautiful photo's! Thats a shame about you guys not having a single photo just you two during ceremony though! The advice is definitely appreciated and hope can still remember when comes to my day!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics