Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Amanda
Frequent user June 2019 Ontario

Music

Amanda, on January 10, 2019 at 16:49 Posted in Wedding ceremony 0 15
Guys! What are you all getting your bridal party to walk down the aisle to? And do you do different for the party group and the flower girl etc. I think I have my song picked out but these have been one of our major struggles.

Then at ceremony what are you using for the entrances. How did you come up with that song

15 Comments

Latest activity by Terri, on March 11, 2019 at 13:31
  • Terri
    Frequent user July 2019 Nova Scotia
    Terri ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hmmm. I am so glad I saw this discussion. I haven't planned any songs for the walk down the aisle. Now I will have to start thinking. Ladies, I love your song selections!

• Allen
    Devoted April 2019 Ontario
    Allen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Bridal party : Celine Dion because you Loved me
    Me: beautiful crazy by Luke Combs
    Recessional Heaven by Kane Brown
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I had 2 songs I liked and wanted to use differently for the wedding party and for us. End result still worked out to be good since it was short and sweet to where all of us walked down.

• Amanda
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I love that. I was thinking of that song also. But may d this is it by scotty mcreary or speechless by dan and shay
  • Candace
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Candace ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are all walking down the aisle to A Thousand Years by Christina Perri but everyone else will walk to the instrumental version of it then I will walk down to the lyric version so it's a little different but still simple Smiley smile

For our entrance my fiance and I wanted something to get people a little more hyped again so we went for a very upbeat song that we can dance into reception too

• Amanda
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Lol. No problem. Glad I could help someone Smiley smile
  • Alycia
    Expert March 2020 Ontario
    Alycia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I am so glad I saw this discussion, this is totally something that slipped my mind. I’m super early in the planning game but this is exactly the kind of thing that will stump me!! Sorry I can’t really help you, BUT THANK YOU for getting this to my attention lol

• Erin
    Super September 2019 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Okay. I'm not TOTALLY set on these but for the ceremony:
    Party: You Are The Sunshine of My Life - Stevie Wonder
    Me: Fall In Love With Me - Earth Wind & Fire

The ones for the reception entrances are for sure, though:
    Party: And Take Us Home - Alan Doyle
    Us: September - Earth Wind & Fire

The Alan Doyle song makes me cry and I love it. I also want it to be the music in our wedding video. September is my favourite song OF ALL TIME. I have known I wanted to get married on the 21st night of September (because of that song) basically my whole life, so it was a bit of a no brainer.
  • Amanda
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Right?!!?! I was quoted like 600 bucks
  • Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I haven't picked any songs just yet but I was thinking that the groomsmen will have a song, the groom will have a song, the bridesmaids will have a song, and I will have a song. 4 in total - and then for exiting the ceremony another song but only one.

For the reception... ya... not a clue but I feel like we will have so many people clapping and cheering that you wouldn't hear the music anyway.

• Stephanie
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That was another thing I was considering! I have seen a violinist package that does the ceremony and cocktail hour which I think would be incredible!

• Amanda
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That sounds so sweet! Our venue we can choose any songs as our co ordinator will just plug our phone in and away we go. Or we were thinking of a harpist
  • Amanda
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That sounds nice. Yah my wedding party will walk together arm in arm not individually. It's like a prelude. Lol
  • Casey
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Our ceremony location is outside and it’s got kind of a long isle to walk down. When we met with our DJ who has done a ton of ceremony’s there suggested that we have one song for the guys, one song for the girls and then one song for me to walk down.
    Our theme is rustic chic so majority of the ceremony songs will be acoustic country songs. FH wants to be surprised with the song I will walk down the isle to, so that’s a secret. He wants to use Perfect with Ed and Andrea Bocelli because he’s Italian and loves that song! So that will be the only one that isn’t country for the ceremony
  • Stephanie
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are getting married at a catholic church so they have a selection to pick from!! I plan to have everyone walk down the aisle to the same song and then myself and my parents will be coming down to another! Crossing my fingers I can pick an outside song for my entrance because I have a good one in mine but trying to not get my Hope's up!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics