Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Julie
Expert March 2019 Ontario

My Vows- The pride of wearing My Moms dress & Honouring my Parents who will be married 50 Years in June

Julie, on March 14, 2019 at 08:48 Posted in Wedding ceremony 0 10

Smiley heart Good Morning Friends,

I have asked for advice a lot along the way. Today, we are 8 days (eeekkkk) away from our Wedding and boy do I need help!!! This is the biggest surprise of our Wedding ~ I will be wearing my Moms (best Friend) Wedding dress that is exactly 50 Years old. My Mom & Dad know as well as my Girls and that's all. Yesterday I had my hair trial and of course my Mom was with me and then we went to try on her dress with my veil for the 1st time. I looked at my Mom completely overwhelmed with pride and love & well I just balled! Our Officiant has asked me to put into words, what it means to walk down the aisle on my Dads arm, wearing my Moms Wedding dress... I have spent a lot of time but mostly shed a ton of tears trying to put my feelings into words. I need to submit this by this Evening!

So far I have points like - I feel truly honored to be wearing my Moms dress, I hope walking down the aisle in a dress that was the start of my Parents beautiful Wedding almost 50 Years ago brings Trevor and I the inspiration (? right word?) to have a marriage as incredible as theirs...

My Parents are my Heroes and I love them more than they'll ever know. Everything good in me comes from them and the amazing role models they have been to me. They are my greatest supporters, my biggest fans and the 2 People, I look up to more than anyone.

I am filled with love and an overwhelming amount of pride to stand before my soon to be Husband wearing my Moms Wedding Dress.

Our Father's have been Friends since they were 7 Years Old. Our Parents used to Double Date. Our Grandparents used to play cards together which is incredible considering my Grandma who is 99 Years old and here celebrating with us today, tells Trevor stories about his Grandparents which makes us feel so blessed.

Any suggestions? It is tough to make this all into a part of the ceremony... but I need to because I want to honor them so much.

10 Comments

Latest activity by Julie, on March 20, 2019 at 07:01
  • Julie
    Julie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Hi everyone 🤗
    3 days until Our Wedding 👰🤵💒
    I spoke to the Officiant after I saw revisions and it was nice but not exactly showing my pride and other important details as she felt they may sound better in my speech... I told her that I would not be able to get through a speech including all of what I had written. She sent me a copy of our final ceremony and I just started to cry 💗 I feel she captured every detail as I'd hoped 🤗👰🤗
    Now I'm getting ready to get lash extensions for the 1st time! Every minute counts for the next 3 days!!! So exciting!!!
  • Becky
    VIP September 2019 Ontario
    Becky ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Omg! this is definitely a tearing up moment! Love what you decided on Smiley smile

• Julie
    Julie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Thank you all so much! I emailed our Officiant basically what I wrote above but added more about mine my fhs unique love story. I added that my Grandmother who is 99 & here to celebrate with us today is such a blessing and how much it means to Trevor to hear stories about his Grandparents as they passed when he was very young. I added that our Dads were each other's best Man almost 49 & 50 years ago when our Parents got married and that Trevor and I were raised in a Very Family orriented home and brought up with such similar values which gave us a foundation right away. The Officiant said she loved what I wrote and I felt such a weight lift! She's going to email me her revisions for our ceremony which I'll try to share 🤗
  • Cliodhna
    WeddingWire Admin January 2030 Galway
    Cliodhna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm welling up!!!! That is such a beautiful story Smiley heart

Previous posters gave some great pointers, I have nothing additional to add!

Hope you have an amazing wedding day, 1 week left!! The countdown is on Smiley ring

• Sarah
    Expert August 2021 British Columbia
    Sarah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    That sounds perfect like it’s simply meant to be.I love the idea of wearing your moms dress ♥️
  • Erin
    Super May 2022 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Ok where is my tissue!! this is so awesome. I think that inspiration is the right word because you and Trevor inspire to have a marriage like your parents. You could say something like your parents have laid a foundation that all future generations could only hope to follow.

• Julie
    Julie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I love that idea!!! That is a great way to include Trevor's Parents who have been married 48 Years! Thank you Smiley heart

• Leah
    VIP April 2019 British Columbia
    Leah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Eeeek!!

This is so lovely.

Maybe consider including something about continuing or preserving the legacy that your parents or families have established, and you and your FH have a sound/solid guide to use as you venture into this new portion of your life together.

To me it would tie in the idea of past present future.

But mostly - Eeeeeek!💜
  • Julie
    Julie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thank you Tori Smiley heart

I fixed my mistakes. Hard to see the screen through these tears! Not adding I Love you was a complete oversight and I am so glad you noticed! Thank you!

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Maybe instead of inspiration you could use: luck, fortune, or prosperity.

*soon to be Husband (not sure if it was just a miss type on here or on your draft though)

Other than that I think it's beautiful! Of course I assume you will add in a "I love you guys so much" at the end so that would bring people to tears (seeing as how I don't even know you and I'm on the verge!!).

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics