Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Gala
Beginner August 2019 Ontario

Hey hey help with timing

Gala, on March 6, 2019 at 16:27 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 24
So I am having a day ceremony and I am sooo confused on how to do my timing the ceremony and tea ceremony starts at 12.

HELP ;(

24 Comments

Latest activity by Gala, on June 26, 2019 at 15:07
  • Gala
    Gala ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Makes total sense

• Hélène
    Devoted September 2019 Alberta
    Hélène ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

If you've booked your photographer, don't be afraid to ask them for input as well. They likely have a suggestion or two and will be able to help you out.

As Vinod said, Tea Ceremony before the wedding ceremony is the typical format.

My brother and sister-in-law did their Tea Ceremony in a private room at the venue where they got married. Once it was done they started the wedding ceremony and did a few family and group photos before starting the reception. They snuck out to do some private photos during dinner so that guests didn't have to wait between the ceremony and reception. They did most of their formal portraits before the Tea Ceremony at a different location, so the private photos didn't take too long.

• Gala
    Gala ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Perfect thanks 😀
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

The tea ceremony does come first before the wedding if that sounds right. Looking into the Chinese ceremony of timing can help and where to corporate them into your wedding.

Just in general of events:

Tea Ceremony

Wedding & Pictures after (if being done) with groups/family and you two alone

Reception

Take time after getting everything done after the wedding to relax and get ready for the reception in the evening. Guests will be occupied in their way of relaxation or going out if they want to do something. Plan out timing of getting ready for the ceremonies and outfit changes.

That would be the best thing to follow through with the in laws to find out better.

• Gala
    Gala ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Really where
  • Gala
    Gala ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks yeah that's very true thinking to have sit-down mean by 4

• Seleena
    Super September 2019 British Columbia
    Seleena ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

It's probably best if you figure out how long you want each thing to go. If you want a 30 minute ceremony vs an hour long ceremony. Remember where you would like to fit in photography with that.

If you are doing a ceremony at 12, you should start getting ready around 8-9, depending on how long your hair & makeup will be and if you have a bridal party. Ceremony between 12 and 1, maybe cocktail hour after that while you do photos. Start reception around 2 or 3, depending on how long photos will take. Guests don't want to be waiting until 5 to start reception I would think. It just really depends on what you want to do.

• Gala
    Gala ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yeah for the whole day timeline I am Soo confused for timeing

• Chelsea
    Super June 2020 Alberta
    Chelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    It’s totally up to you, girl! make it what you want! it depends where your priorities are! Pinterest has tons of great resources for wedding day timelines!
  • Gala
    Gala ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Full day timeline
  • Chelsea
    Super June 2020 Alberta
    Chelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Are you looking for advice about the timeline of the full day? or the ceremony timeline?

• Gala
    Gala ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Really omg that would be a huge help as soon as I hve more details I will let you know
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Schedule 15 minutes between whichever ceremony comes first for the second ceremony to start. If I have this down correct, Tea ceremony comes first which is noon hour and will take time, give half hour about for the time frame to get through it properly. Once completed, the family can get to the second ceremony being the wedding itself given 15 minutes to settle in the front row.

• Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Oh I hear you about not wanting to hire a planner! You can definitely plan your wedding on your own, it just takes a bit of time!
  • Tina
    Frequent user July 2021 Ontario
    Tina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I could at least give you a starting point if you send me the details of the day. Order of events and such. Distance between sites. Etc.
  • Gala
    Gala ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Omg how did you know lol could you do my schedule And I pay you lol to make it lol
  • Tina
    Frequent user July 2021 Ontario
    Tina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Hi Gala,

When planning the day, it's best to work backwards. You have 6 ppl doing hair and makeup to be ready for noon? Is there one hair stylist and one make up artist? Probably 30 min/ea for hair and 20 min/ea for make up. So 3hrs min. Everyone doing their own? How many stations? If 3 stations, 40-50 min per girl, so about 1h30 to do it all. See what I mean?

Think about the steps that need to happen, then continue working backwards. Always leave some buffer room for stragglers. It's never a good idea to cram everything in back-to-back because, before you know it, you'll be behind schedule.

If tea will take an hour, leave 1h30 in the schedule. If your officiant says the ceremony will be 20 min, allot 30-35 in case it starts late.

Allow travel time, even if it's just going outside. A 15 minute buffer can save you a lot of worry, wondering where the last few people wandered off to. Hope this helps! (I plan theatre shows for a living, and a wedding is just a really expensive show lol!)
  • Gala
    Gala ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

And we will be having a dinner in a restart but we are thinking to have it the next day

• Gala
    Gala ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thank so much it gave me a idea of what I should do somewhat lol I am stilll not sure at this point I am trying to avoid getting a planer ahhh want to spend that money on other things

• Gala
    Gala ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    So it will be all at the same place and I believe I might have to change
  • Gina
    Super April 2019 Alberta
    Gina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    A wedding I went to had the tea ceremony at 10, ceremony at 1 then reception at 6. I guess it depends on how far your tea ceremony and ceremony location are and if you are going to change after the tea ceremony?
  • Gala
    Gala ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    So we have 6 people doing hair and makeup and I am will have a lunch open serving concept and would like to have games and pictures and hopefully dancing
  • Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Hey Gala! I did a quick search and found this link to a discussion in the US Wedding Wire community. Hopefully it helps a little! It looks like there’s a timeline there, so maybe this could provide you a little inspiration for your own timeline!

https://m.weddingwire.com/wedding-forums/need-wedding-timeline-advice-for-tea-ceremonywestern-ceremony/e33da8b6cad496bd.html
  • Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Are you trying to figure out when to have supper, pictures, hair and makeup? What are you needing help with specifically?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics