Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Candice
Curious October 2018 Alberta

Outfitting the Groomsmen and the Groom

Candice, on August 17, 2018 at 16:07 Posted in Wedding fashion 0 5

Ok so I thought I had it all planned and then we go to decide on Attire for the Groom and the Groomsmen and I realize I do not have a clue what I want!

Should the Groom's Attire be different than the Groomsmen?

Tux or Suit?

Ivory or Black Shirts?

Tie color? (Black Ivory or Red)

I'm really feeling quite stressed!

My wedding colors are Black, gold and Red Roses. My dress is Ivory and I am carrying Red Roses. The MOH and Bridesmid are wearing black dresses and red roses for the flowers.

I do know that I want the boys in Black.

Any suggestions? I so appreciate any advice as I am lost!

5 Comments

Latest activity by Vinod, on August 19, 2018 at 00:45
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Your husband wears a black tux with ivory vest and tie. The groomsmen wear grey suit and red ties only. The colour will look nice and contrast to the Bridesmaids.

• Clarissa
    Expert October 2018 Saskatchewan
    Clarissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I would just suggest don’t do white shirts (and by that I mean bright white). It can make ivory look dirty at times.

But if you go into a place like Moore’s with photos of your dress and the bridesmaids they are really helpful. If the guys are buying suits those stores are also very helpful so just bring pictures.
  • Brittany
    British Columbia
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I know Moore's is a popular choice, and maybe your local store is good... however... word of caution, I went to my store (Langley, BC) and they had NO OPTIONS (k, they did, but we're talking like, 2 options once we decided on tuxedos, and both look like awful rental tuxes).

Also, we priced out a custom tuxedo for my FH, and it was over $1300.... EEKS.

We went to Debonair Formal Wear (the men's store attached to a big bridal salon), and they had the exact navy tuxedo with black lapels that we want for my FH, and the exact same style in all black for the groomsmen. The tuxedo rentals include all the same stuff as Moore's, and it's the same price, as well as the custom tux for my hubby is a bit cheaper!

Plus now he will have the exact same style tux as the other men, but with his in navy/black, them in all black.

I agree with Stephanie, depending on the look of your wedding, having the entire bridal party in black, plus black in your decor, it could be very very dark. I'd go with a dark grey with pops of red for the groomsmen. Or if you want black, do your FH in dark grey. Something to make him stand out!

• Jackie
    Devoted April 2019 Ontario
    Jackie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    You know I’d go to Moore’s or one of those stores and get there advice. They are pros at it. Tell them your colors like you did us and they will help to inspire you. Best of luck on your special day
  • Stephanie
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Honestly, I would throw your groomsmen in grey and then the groom in black! If all the girls AND all the guys are in black I would hate for it to look too.... funeral-y?
    If you're set on all black then you could always have your groom in a bowtie/vest in red and then the groomsmen with just red ties!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics