Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Tori
Top October 2019 Manitoba

Proposal Stories!! I wanna hear Everything!!!

Tori, on January 10, 2019 at 14:32

Posted in Before the wedding 67

As the Holidays are coming to an end (Ukrainian Christmas was on the 7th!), I am noticing a lot of new faces here on Wedding Wire and I am so intrigued to find out how it all went down with your proposals???? Who proposed to who? What item did they propose with – or what was it a verbal exchange?...

As the Holidays are coming to an end (Ukrainian Christmas was on the 7th!), I am noticing a lot of new faces here on Wedding Wire and I am so intrigued to find out how it all went down with your proposals????

Who proposed to who?

What item did they propose with – or what was it a verbal exchange?

When was it? Days leading up the Christmas? On Christmas? New Years Eve? Anniversary?

Where. Did. It. All. Go. Down??

How long have you been together – but how long have you known that they were “The ONE”?

For me, I proposed to my then boyfriend - now Fiancé Kael!

I proposed with a couple bracelets from Claire's that said "His One" and "Her Only" on them.

I proposed on December 30th 2017 for no specific reason other than it was time - and I wanted to ask him at a specific place that was only open for a few more days.

That place was the Canad Inns Winter Wonderland Light Show.

We met on February 24th 2017, were Facebook official March 5th 2017, I proposed December 30th 2017, and we are tying the knot on October 5th 2019! We will have been together for 2 years and 7 months on our wedding day!

67 Comments

• Michelle
    Expert April 2019 Alberta
    Michelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I absolutely LOVE that you guys made individual trips around to tell important people in person about the engagement, that is so special that you got to see everyones faces. I was out of the country when it happened so I called everyone, but seeing them react would have been so amazing.

• Tori
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Awww, I wish some of our friends had reacted a bit more - we had been together for 10 months when I popped the question and we started telling people about 2 weeks after we got engaged (Since I proposed he still insisted that he asked my Dad for my hand in marriage as well) and mostly everybody was like "finally - we figured it would happen soon"... I mean, good to know everyone believed in us as a couple, but come on!! Give me some excitement and act surprised!

• Julie
    Expert March 2019 Ontario
    Julie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    3 Years ago today... ❤
    Who - my FH
    When- 8:45 PM
    Where - our house
    How - on his knees
    Dated - 6 1/2 Years.
    Details-An important detail that I didn't know was Trevor had asked my Dad for my hand in marriage before he proposed which means so much to me. My bday was Jan 10 & we went to the Keg. I was sure 99 % he'd propose there... didn't happen & I was disappointed but didn't let him know. My Mom called to ask if he had proposed, that's how sure & wrong I was. My Boyfriend then went to work & it was just a normal day. I went upstairs to put my Pjs on & he walked in the bedroom with a gift bag. Not for 1 single second did I think anything about it. I thought it was a late bday gift. I opened the bag & inside was a Pandora box. Definitely not thinking anything still, I opened the box. Inside was the engagement ring charm from Pandora. I threw my arms around him & thought "YES, this means 1 day I'll get an actual engagement ring 💍" 1 second I was staring at my charm & with a blink of my eye, Trevor was on his knees proposing!!! I screamed Now!!? Trevor proposed with the sweetest words. I dropped to my knees & fell into his arms with an "of course, Babe" and a lot of tears! I finally looked down at the gorgeous ring he had put on my finger & lost it all over again! We held each other for a long time & then drove to my Parents house to tell them our big news (my Dad cried & my Mom & I jumped up & down) So special! Then to Trevor's Parents by 11pm! It was an incredible night! Our Dads have been Friends since they were 7 yrs old. The next day we drove around to tell certain People in Person like my Brother, Grandma & our closest Friends. So many beautiful reactions and memories we will cherish forever 💑 It is now 70 Days until our Wedding.

Proposal Stories!! I wanna hear Everything!!! 1
  • Daniela
    Frequent user September 2020 Ontario
    Daniela ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Nope 😂 he was about to and then it clicked that the ring wasnt so easily accessible! Hahaha he also got the hand mixed up but I guess in my culture, im from colombia rings go on the right! I wear it on my left though. and aww thank you! He rented a storefront art gallery in toronto and him with the help of a planner put it together. It was all his ideas and everything in the setup had a meaning, the planner just made it look preettyy. He worked so hard! Even though weve been together for 8 yrs (since high school) and will be 10 yrs by the wedding I never saw it coming! But my fam and friends knew since feb and he proposed june. Im away in Ottawa for school so its easy to be disconnected and for him to plan while long distance!

here is the full set up:

Proposal Stories!! I wanna hear Everything!!! 2
  • Chelsea
    Super June 2020 Alberta
    Chelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That's EXACTLY what were doing! i think that personal vows are beautiful, but too intimate for us to share in front of 110 people! we're going to write "vows" to each other in the form of a letter that we will exchange before the ceremony. We won't be doing a first look, but our photographer will deliver the other's letters to us and will capture the moment of us reading the vows!

• Tori
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Oh well now I wish there was a video or something!!

I'm thinking that since I couldn't get all of what I was going to say out on that day that I will put it into a speech at our wedding (we aren't doing personal vows - he's just not into that kind of thing)!

• Tori
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Definitely sounds like it was worth the dying!!

Is that the picture you have as your profile picture? (Like from that day/ same place)

• Tori
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Chills!! Literal chills!!!

And I love when the rings are so personalized! I ended up telling my Fiancé what I wanted and he sketched it out for our designer to make Smiley xd

• Chelsea
    Super June 2020 Alberta
    Chelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Hahaha i definitely knew I was going to say yes, but for some reason when I knew it was gonna happen THAT DAY I got SUPER weird and awkward! we were walking down the beach and he started his little spiel, I got the giggles! I could not stop laughing!! When he got down on one knee I actually started jumping up and down and happy dancing and just giggling like a fool! He finally had to tell me to shush so he could say what he wanted, at which point we were both laughing, AND THEN IT HIT ME. and I started BAWLING and just sat down in the sand hahhahhaha i'm sure if anyone witnessed our proposal they would think i was nuts. looking back, I have no idea what he actually said to me when he proposed - i was so out of it! I made him give the speech again after once i'd calmed down so I could remember!!

• Tori
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

My Fiancé was the opposite about marriage! He was the one saying he wants kids and a large family and yadda yadda yadda...

Do you plan on getting any engagement photo's done where he proposed? I know it's been some time but I waited basically a year to do mine!

• Tori
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Were you worried of what you were going to say? lol jkjk - but really though, did you think you would cry/ did you cry? I know I was the one who proposed and knew I was doing it and when - yet I got maybe 2 sentences into why he is my perfect man and I broke into tears!!

• Tori
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Oh my gosh that is hilarious!!! 😂 Had he gotten to the question yet or was he waiting to have the ring in his hand?

On another note though - where was this??? That looks set up so dang great!!

• Tori
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Oh my gosh!! I can picture it now and it is so cute! I love that it would have been one of those like joking pushes and then like a dead serious face asking you 😂

I believe in a fast relationship too! lol 😂😂 Bought our house together when we were together for just over a year - and a house is a HUGE commitment! Oh and the engagement at 10 months is fast too...

Will you be on the fast track to starting a family (fur babies included if humans aren't your thing)?

• A
    Super September 2020 Ontario
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

These are all so adorable!

Who: FH proposed to me

What: A ring that I'd shown him online as inspiration for what I wanted.

When: September 27, 2018

Where: Big Beehive lookout above Lake Louise. He had been working out in Fort Mac for a few weeks and flew me out as a surprise because he "felt bad about being away so much over the summer". So we drove out from Calgary super early to try to catch the sunrise (it ended up being too foggy to see anything but oh well) and hiked up. He was hurrying the whole way trying to beat anyone else to the top so between the quick pace and altitude I thought I'd die before we made it. But I didn't and when we got to the lookout he asked me to go into his backpack so, figuring he wanted water, I unzipped it and there was the box. He took it, got down on one knee and proposed!

How long: Got engaged in our 8th year together and we'll be getting married in 2020 when we'll have been together for 10 years. I'm not sure it ever really hit me suddenly that he was 'the one', although he knew in a matter of weeks. We started dating mostly because he was so persistent so I absolutely did not think we'd be together this long lol. I think it was maybe 2015 - a year after we moved in together - that I started to realize I wanted to be with him forever Smiley smile

• Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Not new to the group but I am newly engaged!

Who? My FH proposed to me!

What? He proposed with a ring that he designed from my favourite Tiffany ring! It’s even more beautiful than Tiffany!

When? It was December 21, 2018.

Where? Niagara Falls! We had a weekend planned there before Christmas! He started talking to me about what a difficult year we had (it was an interesting year!) and I just thought he was just going to say something about 2019 being better but then he said going through tough times and coming through stronger means we can do anything together and dropped to his knee. I was shocked!

How? We have been together for a year and a half but I knew he was the one probably one month into dating.
  • Daniela
    Daniela ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Haha Thanks, Gina!! Smiley smile

• Daniela
    Daniela ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Hahah thank you!! He kept limping on the way to the place, and I was getting mad because I thought he got hurt at soccer (Which he always does and I keep telling me he should not play if he's hurt!), little did I know...

• Gina
    Super April 2019 Alberta
    Gina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That is hilarious and such a great picture! Haha! I love it
  • Casey
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    This is seriously so cute. And super smart on his part! Aside from it probably cutting off his circulation lol
  • Robyn
    Super June 2019 Ontario
    Robyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm not new but I'm still surprised I'm even engaged, so imma add mine Smiley laugh

My fiance proposed to me - I'd asked him about his thoughts on marriage about 3 months earlier and he kinda shrugged it off and said although he knew I was the one, he wasn't ready for marriage yet. We'd been together a year and a half... turns out he'd been looking at rings since our 1 year anniversary.

He proposed with a ring he had custom designed, using what he'd heard me say about our mutual friend's ring after her recent engagement (I wanted a very thin band and a halo setting)

He proposed the day before my birthday... which also happens to be Hobbit Day (so I was already prepared to celebrate that day, I'm a huge Tolkien nerd)

He asked me at the Toronto Music Garden, right on the lake, in a secluded area dominated by a beautiful iron gazebo (seriously, it's stunning). I had no idea it was coming, I was actually worried he was mad at me because he was soooooo quiet and clearly on edge. I'll never forget that I had on my oldest pair of leggings and no makeup lol. So I'm sitting there wondering what is going on with him when he stands up, moves in front of me, and gets down on one knee. I was STUNNED. (And over the moon, of course... but mostly stunned).

We've been together two years, but had worked together before that (I had such a massive crush on him that I couldn't stand to be near him, let alone talk to him)... I knew he was the one since the first week of dating Smiley heart

• Chelsea
    Super June 2020 Alberta
    Chelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Not new, but this is fun!
    my FH proposed to me - i knew it was coming the whole day and it was the longest, most stressful day! i got weirdly nervous knowing it was coming!
    he proposed with my gorgeous ring, which i had chosen 4 more earlier at his request.
    we got engaged may 2nd, 2018 - i cannot believe it’s already been over 8 months, and were still just under 17 months away from our wedding!
    he proposed on Huntington Beach in California after we’d spent the day in San Diego at the zoo
    at the time we’d been together 7.5 years - over 8 years now - and we’ll get married just a few months before our 10 year anniversary!
  • Daniela
    Daniela ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    My fiance taped the ring box to his ankle 😂😂 pretty sure it was cutting his circulation but I never saw it coming. This is him trying to rip the tape it made for a great moment!

Proposal Stories!! I wanna hear Everything!!! 3
  • Michelle
    Expert April 2019 Alberta
    Michelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Who: He proposed to me!

What: He picked out a ring based on the specifications my friend gave him (round diamond, halo setting). The box was GIANT so he had it loose in his pocket.

When: June 7, 2018. A few days shy of our 1 year anniversary, which was June 15.

Where: In New Orleans, in the French Quarter. We were there celebrating our first anniversary. It was late at night, we were drunk. He wanted to propose earlier in the day but things kept happening. People were around; the area didn't look right etc. Then we were walking back to our hotel and we passed the French Quarter Wedding Chapel and I said "wanna get married right now?" and he said "yep sure" and then I said "yea right, I wouldn't marry you without a ring first" and he said "well I have a ring" and I laughed and told him to shut up and he pulled it out of his pocket and proposed!

How: We had only been together less than a year, but he knew around the 6 month mark that he was going to propose. I feel like that's around when I knew he was the one as well. We will be married before two years together, I think a year and 10 months. Everything in our relationship has been quick, why stop now?

• Tori
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Right?? These stories are hitting me right in the feels! All somebody needs to do is read these and their day would be made!

When you know, you know eh?? I was the first to say "I love you" but he claims he felt that way since the beginning and he didn't want to rush me as he was my first boyfriend and I was only 19 when we met compared to him being 27.

• Tori
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Holy moly! 10 years really is a long time coming - that is awesome that it has all come together. My friend has been together with her boyfriend for 6 years now and I'm honestly just waiting for him to finalize his divorce at this point so that they can get engaged and married Smiley xd

• Rachael
    Super October 2019 Ontario
    Rachael ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Right?! I've always loved the slight tackiness of all the pink, red, etc. Haha. I was sick when it happened, but I'm glad he went for it regardless!

I had no idea! I'm glad you like it. Smiley heart

• Casey
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I agree with Rachael! Not new either, but this is super cute. And all the engagement stories are making me so happy! I love hearing/ reading about them!
    Who: He proposed to me
    what: a beautiful ring. Had it in his little backpack, I would totally notice a box in his pocket
    when: February 23,2018
    Where: on the beach in Cuba
    How: we have been together 5 years as of this December. Will be almost 6 by our wedding day. Knew he was the one about 6 months into our relationship when we gave me a promise ring!
  • Tori
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Awwww!! I don't care what people say - I love Valentine's day, "Hallmark Holiday" or not!!!

Also, I was curious as to what your ring looked like... so I hope you don't mind but I creeped your Wedding Wire profile... and it is stunning! lol

• Gina
    Super April 2019 Alberta
    Gina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Who: FH proposed to me.
    What: A beautiful ring we had picked out together
    When:February 2018
    Where: our home. With our daughters around. They had no idea and they were all crying. It was awesome to see them so excited!
    How long have we been together: 10 YEARS when we get married. Haha
    very early on I knew he was the one. Marriage has never been a priority for me, and he had a really nasty divorce that took a long time to finalize. But here we are, less then 4 months away from our wedding!
  • Tori
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Oh my gosh!! I am so happy I made this discussion!!! Your proposal is honestly so perfectly you guys - and that's with me not even knowing you guys! Do you know what I mean? Like, it's such a personalized proposal and I LOVE it! Smiley xd

• Gina
    Super April 2019 Alberta
    Gina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That is the sweetest proposal story I have ever heard! I would be an absolute mess reading the notes! Such a beautiful memory too.
  • Tori
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Right? I thought it was just me when I was thinking about where the box can even hide?!?! Like, I see the movies - and I just wonder - where did it come from???

That is so cool that your anniversary is/was... Christmas Eve!!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics