Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Shyan
Curious January 2021 British Columbia

rsvp - mail vs online?

Shyan, on August 9, 2019 at 14:49 Posted in Before the wedding 0 48

Hello!

I am looking for tips and tricks on RSVP !

Is everyone mailing still with all the technology at our fingertips?

Where did you purchase them?

Thanks a bunch

48 Comments

Latest activity by Ashley, on September 12, 2019 at 16:30
  • Ashley
    VIP August 2020 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Were doing online. everyone has a cell phone and laptops and ipads even grandparents and aunties and uncles lol. worst case they will call you to RSVP

• Sondra
    Frequent user August 2022 Ontario
    Sondra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

RSVPs are online for the most part due to most of our guests being international, for my grandparents and such it will just be calls.

• Julia
    Beginner July 2021 Ontario
    Julia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We’re sending out paper invites, but rsvp on our wedding website. (Exception for those who don’t use technology)
  • Lauren
    Curious July 2021 Ontario
    Lauren ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I am planning to do paper invites in the mail because I like the idea of it. I went to two weddings this summer. The first had mailed invites. They were beautiful. But when I was at th actual wedding I forgot the invite (as many did) so I didn't have the info and that was a bit annoying. The second wedding did electronic invites. No, they're not as pretty but in a year from now am I really going to remember? No. And when I'm at the wedding I can pull up the invite on my phone and see what's happening.

At the end of the day, I think it depends on budget. If your budget is tight, save the cost and send them electronically. Put that money towards something you NEED for your wedding (rather than something you want). Do what makes the most sense for you! Other people won't care and it's not going to be the thing they remember from your wedding!
  • Amie
    Devoted August 2019 British Columbia
    Amie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We had a pretty formal and traditional wedding so it only seemed proper to send paper invites and RSVPs. That being said, do what works best for you! We purchased our invites from minted.com and I was really impressed with everything. The gold foil was actual foil.

If youre looking for a company to order invites from, minted is fantastic.

Honestly though, paper invites and RSVPs are expensive. It’s an added cost that doesn’t need to be incurred with technology nowadays. You could save yourself $1000 by doing email invites and RSVPs. With paper RSVPs, keep in mind the cost of stamps too.

Let us know what you decide.
  • Katherine
    Curious August 2019 Alberta
    Katherine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I just used WeddingWire for the invitations, and all though it isn’t super fancy, it did the trick 😂 I like that they keep track of analytics and meals as well. For meals I just did different types of allergies so I could easily keep track just on the site (ex. Adult meal with no allergies; gluten free; dairy free; vegetarian; etc)
  • Miav
    Devoted September 2020 Alberta
    Miav ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are doing a mix! RSVP cards are from basicinvite.com, delivered to all guests. There will be a link written on the card that rsvp can be done via our wedding website as well Smiley smile

• Julie
    Frequent user September 2019 Ontario
    Julie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I purchased mine online at vistaprint and it arrived in 2 days !! They are very quick and very pretty prints ! I mailed mine and I am also doing online rsvp for the people who haven’t responded to my letter yet.
  • Emily
    Expert September 2020 Ontario
    Emily ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I’m doing a mix of paper and electronic (email or some app or even text/call). I think it depends on a couple things... budget, the age groups invited/ their capabilities, personal preference!

That being said:
    Im equally scared of one getting lost in the mail and an app screwing up someone’s rsvp 🤷‍♀️ So consider personal preference and budget first I suppose 😅
  • Heather
    Curious September 2020 Manitoba
    Heather ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are sending out mailed invites but doing rsvp by text and email so people don’t have to mail it back. Also saves on including return postage!
  • Tamara
    Frequent user July 2019 Nova Scotia
    Tamara ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I designed our own and sent most of them over facebook messenger, only mailing ones to grandparents, family without the internet. Better for the environment and saved a tonne on postage. It also communicates that you are open to various methods of RSVP's which hopefully means less of people not answering.

• Koryn
    Beginner May 2022 British Columbia
    Koryn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    You can do that I'm hand making 95% of my decorations 😊 my fiancee is making thrones for us to sit on its gonna be great
  • Kelly
    Devoted May 2020 Ontario
    Kelly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Often time you can purchase a design on Etsy and then you can put that into Vistaprint yourself through a custom design
  • Kelly
    Devoted May 2020 Ontario
    Kelly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Beautiful colour choices and great buying options! Very easy to find sales and deals/coupons for these places!
  • Tera
    Newbie August 2019 Ontario
    Tera ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Lol I can definitely relate. You still have lots of time so take it once step at a time. Everything will work out.
  • Shyan
    Shyan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I appreciate it ! Smiley smile
  • Shyan
    Shyan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I'm hardcore stressing I have no idea what I'm doing
  • Tera
    Tera ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    You're most welcome hun. I just got married on Friday so if you have anymore questions, I'll be more than glad to help u❤❤
  • Shyan
    Shyan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you thank you !
  • Tera
    Tera ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Search etsy wedding invitations or RSVP cards and once you find the one u love..u buy it and they send you a link to download the template. And then you can save and edit it yourself so upload it to vistaprint because they allow you to upload your own design. I chose this option because it was cheaper instead of going through a company. I ended up buying envelopes and ribbons from Michael's that matched my colours to jazz it up.

rsvp - mail vs online? 1
  • Shyan
    Shyan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I still dont really understand that lol
    How do you buy it on etsy and then get it printed on Vista 🙈
    Isnt vista print online?
  • Tera
    Tera ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Also for the invitation and rsvp template...you can purchase that on etsy for less than $10 and edit it to your liking and print them on vistaprint. That's what we did.
  • Tera
    Tera ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I did my invites and rsvp with vistaprint. However I chose the mailing option because I didnt put much thought into it but technology is the way to go. I was so stressed keeping track with the emails coming in. I would suggest that for older persons that are not technology savvy that you give them the option to mail back their RSVP but for everyone else they can rsvp online. Create a wedding page...I regret not doing it for mines. Save u alot of headache.
  • Johanne
    Beginner August 2022 Ontario
    Johanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are looking into giving the invitation to close family members and mailing the rest and the RSVP will be done by email or through our website.
  • Kelly
    Devoted May 2020 Ontario
    Kelly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Vistaprint has it all done and matching you just put your info in! And there 20-45%off all the time
  • Shyan
    Shyan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I am also thinking of making them by hand
    By the cards and do the calligraphy myself
  • Shyan
    Shyan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I am finding vista print is getting a bit pricey while micheals has the whole package ready to go
  • Kelly
    Devoted May 2020 Ontario
    Kelly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I’m sending rsvp cards as well as rsvping through the wedding website as we have many elderly people that would require someone else to rsvp for them if it was all online.
    i got the rsvp cards that match my invitations through vista print
  • Shyan
    Shyan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Seems to be a running theme of vista print !
    Thank you everyone !
  • J
    Beginner August 2019 Alberta
    Jessica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We ordered our invites off of vista print, they where on sale and we saved a ton of money on them then i got the bridesmaids together and within a couple hours we had all the mailing addresses done and mailed out, i found it alot easier then trying to explain how to RSVP on a website as most of our older family members ended up sending a card back or calling saying they where coming to the wedding.

• Sarah
    Expert July 2021 Ontario
    Sarah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are going to order ours from vista print. Lots of designs to choose from and they’re always on sale. You can even further customize them too. As much as I appreciate technology, I prefer the traditional way of mailing invites/rsvps.
  • Casey
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We got ours on Vistaprint with our invites for 50% off! Damn good deal!
    Also doing the old school way and mailing it out. It is so exciting to come home everyday and check to see if there are any RSVPs!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics