Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Tara
Curious July 2022 Alberta

Seated or standing?

Tara, on June 22, 2019 at 12:32 Posted in Wedding ceremony 0 9
Long story short: we are legally married but have not had a “wedding” with guests and friends attending, or a reception with guests and friends.

ok, now to my question: we are going to have a foot washing ceremony after the exchange of vows before the pronouncement of “man and wife”. Should I let my bridesmaids/groomsmen sit during this part only, or sit for the whole ceremony, or stand for the whole thing?

9 Comments

Latest activity by Erin, on June 24, 2019 at 15:33
  • Erin
    Super May 2022 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Standing will be fine, I think it will take longer to have everyone sit and then get back into place than the time it will take to do your foot washing ceremony.

• Holly
    VIP June 2019 Ontario
    Holly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I'd say they should stay standing, I doubt they will mind standing a few extra minutes plus it's more traditional for them to stay standing.
  • Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    They can stay standing. I’ve been to weddings where the wedding party sits down at some point and I just find it messy with all the movement.
  • Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I would say stand - I have yet to attend a wedding where the wedding party sat down. If there is anybody who has a back problem or good reason for sitting then I would ask if they want a chair for the entire ceremony. They should be fine otherwise as long as you don't make the girls where stilettos or something.

• Becky
    VIP September 2019 Ontario
    Becky ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I would stay stand the whole time- I have been in few weddings and even long Lutheran ceremonies that were 45 minutes and we stood.

• Casey
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Oh for sure. I think they would be ok to stand for an extra 5 mins.

• Tara
    Curious July 2022 Alberta
    Tara ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    The foot washing should be about 5 minutes, total. So I think standing should be fine?
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

The foot washing ceremony doesn't take long, then the wedding party can stand if they need to do so. If the ceremony takes a bit longer, then let them sit down and watch with the others. Choose the best way that fits how they may want to relax and still see the ceremony with the family and friends around.

• Casey
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I think normally the whole bridal party stays standing for the full ceremony. How long do you think the foot washing ceremony will take? Depending on the length could help make your decision.
    Sand and wine box ceremonies are fairly short (Max 5 mins for the ones I’ve been to) and the bridal party stayed standing, where as I have seen some catholic weddings be long and the wedding party sat for parts of it.
    It really comes down to the length of time and if its important to have them beside you for this part of the ceremony

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics