Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Christa
Beginner September 2019 Ontario

Shared ceremony space

Christa, on January 19, 2019 at 01:52 Posted in Wedding ceremony 0 9
Hi everyone!

We’ve just booked our ceremony/ reception space, we’re doing everything in the same site, and I’m instantly second guessing our choice 😔 We’re a smaller wedding with about 70 guests. Our venue can hold a large and a small wedding, so there’s no exclusivity. The ceremony space is shared, but since we are the first to book we also get first “dibs” on the ceremony timing.

My concern is the ceremony and our reception space are on the main level, while the largers group reception will be held upstairs. I’m worried what will happen with guests from both weddings potentially overlapping. The ceremony space is outside and technically open for others to walk around. Has any one had experience with this? Am I overthinking? Or is it a real potential we could have interruptions from the larger wedding happening on site? any suggestions to minimize any potential interruptions?

Thanks in advance!!

9 Comments

Latest activity by Kelly, on February 6, 2019 at 11:12
  • Kelly
    Expert September 2019 Manitoba
    Kelly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm sure its going to be fine. It sounds as though this venue does this all the time, so they probably have a pretty good system in place.

If it helps to put your mind at ease, call or email your contact person at the venue, and let them know how you're feeling. Betcha they can reassure you that you made a great decision and they're on top of things and your guests wont be tripping over the other party's guests.

There's probably a facebook wedding group for your area too. Reach out to others who have had their wedding at your venue and ask their experience with another party on the same day.

• Natasha
    Devoted June 2019 Ontario
    Natasha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Just talk to your event coordinator at the hall. I know with me I am having in the garden too and it’s usually open to all but when you reserve it they make it private for you. Do you have specified time frame for you and did you pay for the ceremony space?
  • Christa
    Christa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks Tori!!
  • Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Don't sweat! It's all good, the venue has done this before so there shouldn't be any problems! Consider how the other weddings feel - they may feel the same and just hope your party doesn't cramp their style as well! Besides, it is definitely going to be great having one location for both the ceremony and reception IMO.

P.S. Congrats on the engagement!!

• Christa
    Christa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Thanks Allison and Casey!!

So this is sounding to be more normal and less nerve wracking than I originally thought. I appreciate the suggestions and will express my concerns with the vendor as well. Thank you!!
  • Leah
    VIP April 2019 British Columbia
    Leah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Congratulations on your engagement! Welcome to WW.

i think having the ceremony and reception in the same place is a great idea, and we’re doing it ourselves.

Express your concerns to the venue coordinator and see what they say.
  • Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My Venue is similar, there's the one ceremony space with options to have a 1:30pm ceremony or a 3:00pm. We went with a 3:00 ceremony and we do get the ceremony space right a 2pm - we didn't want to be rushed in case there is another ceremony that day.

There are also 3 different ballrooms for receptions so there could be 2 other receptions on our day too. However, our venue is equipped to handle multiple functions at the same time so I'm not worried about guests overlapping for the reception. If some random watches the ceremony, whatever, a long as there not being rude about it. The venue usually can keep guests moving along so not every passer-by watches lol

• Christa
    Christa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Thank you Casey! That helps put my nerves at ease a bit. We’re also doing our ceremony outside right before our reception starts, so it makes perfect sense to me.
  • Casey
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    This is very common for many venues. Mine has 2 ceremony locations and 3 reception locations. Both ceremony spots are outside and one reception space is outside.
    We are actually having our ceremony outside right before a reception starts outside... (I hope that makes sense lol)
    i wouldn’t worry too much about guests overlapping. When venues are capable of holding multiple events they are used to the logistics of it all.
    I was worried at first. But hey, if people want to watch my ceremony, go right ahead, just be quiet lol. On that day I will be focusing on our wedding and having fun! That’s the most important thing!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics