Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

M
Beginner August 2019 British Columbia

Simple Wedding Price Range

Miao Miao, on March 19, 2019 at 15:47 Posted in Wedding reception 0 7
Hi ladies, I have questions for you girls. How much do you think these cake cost to DIY or to have professional make one ?

I have a friend who quoted me for $150 for the first picture with less flower.

Any idea I can save more but still have tasty and beautiful wedding cake ?

I feel like $150 I can go buy a cake that is bigger,and buy my own flowers to decor. And that doesn't cost $150 doesn't it ?

Thanks a lot ladies Smiley smile any comments will be appreciated. Or if you girls have any cake making business recommendations.

Simple Wedding Price Range 1

Simple Wedding Price Range 2

7 Comments

Latest activity by Vinod, on March 23, 2019 at 11:18
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Nice cakes. First cake would probably cost around $250 and the second with the gold foil around $300.

They do range based on what you want and what frosting you want to get on it. Buttercream frosting is less than Fondant due to its thickness. Real flowers add on cost too.

We had a 3 tier cake with buttercream frosting with alternative dessert for 75 guests costing $400.

DIY cakes can cost to nothing unless your doing fake tiers and top 2 real tiers. Professional bakers have different price ranges on whom you get them made.

• Melissa
    Devoted May 2019 Alberta
    Melissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I wouldn't risk it! $150 seems pretty reasonable for a cake like that, and it saves you the hassle.

• Erin
    Super May 2022 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I definitely would not diy your cake. The price quoted to you seems very reasonable. Is your cake going to be served as dessert or just a decorative tradition? If it's not dessert then make it cost effective.
  • Stephanie
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Honestly... I wanted to make my own cake to save on costs... but after buying all the ingredients, any cake pans you made need, frosting, decoration and TIME. It ended up being more of a hassle than it was worth. Especially since I wanted to do a few test runs to make sure it tasted good/looked good... I ended up finding a vendor to do a 2 tier cake for $245 so we decided it was worth it to avoid the headache (also that was with delivery which is also a pain haha!)

• Becky
    VIP September 2019 Ontario
    Becky ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I have quoted a decent amount of places some go by cake size or by per slice. $150 seems to be about the average for the details and flowers you want. It could be less if smaller size and less details. I would say pay the amount for the cake so your not stressing trying to make the week of and cut money from a different section of the wedding. Do you have any family friends who did a cake course that would be able to pull something like this off and for cheaper or might offer as their gift for the wedding?

• Sinéad
    WeddingWire Admin January 2025 Galway
    Sinéad ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hey Miao Miao!

These are beautiful cakes! Do you have any experience in baking yourself? If not, I would avoid taking on the huge task of baking your own wedding cake!

I feel like $150 is a very reasonable quote for a wedding cake, and with a friend baking it, you know that you will have really good ingredients used in it. If you went for a store-bought cake just to cut costs a bit, it may not taste as good as one that's homemade!

Have you decided what flavor cake you want for your wedding?

• Robyn
    Super June 2019 Ontario
    Robyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I get a lot of cakes made for various parties and events (I used to be at a big company that loved throwing parties) and honestly I feel like $150 is a fair price for something like this. I wouldn't try DIYing your cake unless you are a really confident baker. It's just an added task before your big day that could result in unnecessary stress for you.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics