Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Lussierk00@outlook.com
Curious January 2020 Manitoba

Something old something new?

Lussierk00@outlook.com, on June 23, 2019 at 10:05 Posted in Wedding fashion 0 23
What is everyone doing for their something old something new something borrowed and something blue? Or are you not doing it at all? Basically all I have so far are lots of something news lol. I'm curious to see what other people are using and maybe get some ideas.

23 Comments

Latest activity by Rayanne, on July 9, 2019 at 14:52
  • Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My best friends will take care of all those requirements for me. At each of my best friends weddings we have taken one item I had blue (the year I went to Europe) and bought my friend a blue ankle bracelet. Her cousin did the something borrowed. I love that my girls will be doing this for me as well.
  • Casey
    Curious September 2019 Alberta
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Old: antique hair comb I found in an antique store
    New: Dress
    Borrowed: My friend from work gave me the jewelry she wore on her wedding day 💕
    Blue: garter (haven't bought yet lol)
  • Tamara
    Frequent user July 2019 Nova Scotia
    Tamara ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Old: Shoes
    New: Dress
    Borrowed/Blue: Borrowing an old pair of blue stone studs from my sister that our grandfather purchased when we were kids to put in my bouquet.

• Sheri-Lyn
    Frequent user May 2022 Ontario
    Sheri-Lyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My something old will be a pearl necklace and earrings that are my moms, which I guess could also be my something borrowed. But, I was thinking of my something borrowed being a veil that my cousin wore unless I find something else I love. Something new would be my dress, and something blue will be ribbon on my bouquet and the sapphire that is in my ring.

• Taylor
    Devoted October 2021 Alberta
    Taylor ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Im not doing it but to knock all 3 out at once maybe borrow a peice of blue jewelery from your grandma

• Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Old and borrowed: the veil my mom and aunt wore
    Blue: garter and ribbon on the bouquet (I originally wasn’t going to wear a garter but ended up finding one I really liked)
    new: dress, shoes, earrings
  • Rachel
    Frequent user July 2019 Ontario
    Rachel ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Something old: a penny for my shoe (now I'm thinking I should find an old dime after reading the explanation of what a sixpence equivalent to now.)

Something new: my pearl earrings

Something borrowed: my mother's pearl bracelet that she wore when she married my dad

Something blue: my bouquet flowers
  • Toni Rose
    Frequent user October 2023 Ontario
    Toni Rose ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Something new: my dress
    Something old: i'm putting a heart pendant around my bouquet that i inherited from my grandma

For something borrowed and something blue.. nothing yet Smiley sad I like the area of putting a blue sticker somewhere - I LOVE stickers!

• Janaya
    Expert August 2019 Saskatchewan
    Janaya ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Something old: earrings I got last christmas

something new: my dress

something borrowed: idk yet

something blue: my garter will have a blue bow on it and my earrings for the reception are blue

• Christa
    Beginner September 2019 Ontario
    Christa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My something new is my dress.
    My something borrowed will be my veil.
    I’m combining my something old and blue. I’m going to attach one of my grandfathers medals from when he served in the British Navy to my bouquet. I thought it would be a sweet way to honour his memory since he’s no longer with us.
  • Erin
    Super May 2022 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Something new - my dress

something old- a pearl necklace my grandma bought me when I graduated high school (she bought the necklace when I was born)

something borrowed - is both borrowed and the six pence for my shoe

something blue- I am not sure yet

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Something Old: I was thinking I will wear my Great Aunty Ann's Bracelet charm (but might get an extender so I can wear it on my ankle)

Something New: My dress

Something Borrowed: Not sure about this one yet, maybe something from my Baba or something of my Grandma's

Something Blue: My shoes have some blue sparkle but I was thinking of getting a blue heart sewn in the dress

And a sixpence in her shoe: I bought one off of etsy that is the year 1957 (the year both sets of my grandparents got married)

• Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    So far I only have my something new lmao which is my wedding dress and veil.
  • Tara
    Curious July 2022 Alberta
    Tara ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Something old: vintage inspired wedding dress (because I have nothing old)
    Something new: rhinestone hair comb
    Something borrowed: mother’s sandals
    Something blue: sapphire earrings and necklace (bought at a garage sale (old), for cheap (new to me))

Also, don’t forget the six pence in the left shoe Smiley winking Current exchange puts the pound at roughly 1.68 Canadian, so six pence (1/100th of a pound) is .10 (a dime, which has the bluenose on it. Incase you don’t have anything blue..and if it’s old, and borrowed, this would be a win!

The old item provided protection for the baby to come. The new item offers optimism to the future. The item borrowed from another happy bride provided good luck. The colour blue was a sign of fidelity. The sixpence-a silver British coin-was a symbol of prosperity or acted as a ward against evil done by frustrated suitors.”
  • Sabrina
    Beginner June 2019 Quebec
    Sabrina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Something new : dress, veil ,earrings

Something old, borrowed and blue: My grandmother made the garter for my godmother over 35 years ago and it was still stunning and fit! It was even more sentimental to have that sort of love (and history) - it was a standard white one with beautiful lace, a lilac trim and a little blue ribbon! It was an honour to wear it .
    Dont stress about finding the perfect things, if you get stuck, add a blue sticker on the bottom of your shoe- get creative !

good luck!
  • Corabelle
    Curious July 2021 Alberta
    Corabelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I have necklace that is old, borrowed, and blue. My something new is my dress
  • Rachael
    Beginner August 2019 Alberta
    Rachael ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Something old: my engagement ring it’s his Grandma’s
    Something new: my dress
    Something borrowed: my Mom’s veil - she had a comb put in and her 80s flower crown taken off for me to wear
    Something blue: I’m not sure yet.
  • Caitlyn
    Super January 2020 Ontario
    Caitlyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Something old: my in-laws Greek crowns
    something new: my dress
    something borrowed: my mom’s pearl necklace
    something blue: my shoes
  • Veronica
    Super October 2021 Alberta
    Veronica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Something Old: A family stone ring that my late stepdad gave to my mom years ago, planning to tie to my bouquet so I have it while walking down the aisle.

Something New: My shoes! I am in love with Tieks so going to use this as an excuse to get another pair haha. I mean technically the dress as well but I feel like that is a given.

Something Borrowed: My best friend & MoH's veil will be my veil. Obsessed with how beautiful it is.

Something Blue: Tiffany blue earrings my FH got me for my birthday the first year we were together Smiley smile

This is my favourite wedding tradition!

• Casey
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I have a couple things. I am wearing a necklace that was my moms and my sister wore for her wedding (something old and borrowed). My shoes are my something blue. My dress and earrings will be something new.

• K
    Expert September 2018 British Columbia
    Kim ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My something old was my grandmother's diamond necklace and my something blue was my sister-in-law's sapphire ring (which both covered my something borrowed as well!)

• Chelsea
    Super June 2020 Alberta
    Chelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I haven’t decided yet! i would love to incorporate something borrowed from my grandmas, but i haven’t gotten that far!
  • E
    Ontario
    Elizabeth ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I also would love to hear what others think. People are telling me to go for something borrowed as it's more practical.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics