Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Sarah
Expert July 2021 Ontario

String lights & mason jars - need opinions pls

Sarah, on August 8, 2019 at 17:30 Posted in DIY 0 11
Two decor questions:
1. We plan on using two lines of string lights to form an X above us at the reception. From balcony to balcony, it’s 31 feet. So I think we’ll need two boxes of like, 35 ft each? Anyone have any suggestions on where to get the lights? I’m looking at Canadian tire and I don’t even know if we should get Edison lights where you only get 10-15 lights per string (and they are expensive) or should we opt for Christmas style lights instead? I plan on wrapping fake garland around them so the type of lights won’t be super noticeable..

2. We are doing mason jars for centrepiece vases and I don’t know if we should get the 1L or if that’s too small and get the size up (I forget the exact size). Any recommendations?? The tables are 9x3 ft

11 Comments

Latest activity by Sheena, on August 16, 2019 at 15:48
  • Sheena
    Curious August 2019 Ontario
    Sheena ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We did both 750mL and 1L for flowers. I'll see if I can dig up some photos of the end result.

• Sarah
    Expert July 2021 Ontario
    Sarah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Also there is a larger size I’ve seen at Walmart. I can’t remember exactly but I think it was 1.5L
  • Sarah
    Expert July 2021 Ontario
    Sarah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yes flowers for the mason jars. I think I will go with the 1L after all. Didn’t even think of Home Depot. Thank you!
  • Sarah
    Expert July 2021 Ontario
    Sarah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yes totally agree with second hand! I’m on a wedding buy and sell on fb and have already come across some great deals!
  • Sarah
    Expert July 2021 Ontario
    Sarah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Lol!! Not a bad idea haha we will actually keep a set for our patio Smiley smile
  • Katherine
    Curious August 2019 Alberta
    Katherine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Soooo if you don’t find it awkward, you can buy the lights from Costco and then return then afterwards. That’s what our venue suggested to us at our last meeting 😂
  • K
    Curious August 2020 Newfoundland and Labrador
    Kayla ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Yup, Amazon is the way to go. Keep your eyes open too on places like kijiji and second hand stuff from people who've had weddings already. I got some scores that way a couple of times!
  • Becky
    VIP September 2019 Ontario
    Becky ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Amazon is pretty good for the lights or Home Depot has sales on them too. The mason jars found cheapest at walmart or at canadian tire. The 1L is the largest size and what did you plan on putting inside them? If you plan on flowers this would be the size you want, if you want just a candle do the size down

• Sarah
    Expert July 2021 Ontario
    Sarah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Also true about the mason jars. Thank youSmiley smile
  • Sarah
    Expert July 2021 Ontario
    Sarah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Wow I can’t believe I didn’t even think of Amazon!!! I just did a quick search and their prices are good!
  • Seleena
    Super September 2019 British Columbia
    Seleena ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I would get the string lights from Amazon! That’s the cheapest place I have found. I would go smaller with the mason jars. If you have flowers and all the plates etc, it gets pretty crazy on the tables

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics