Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Carina
Curious September 2018 Ontario

Thank you card and photos after wedding

Carina, on December 7, 2018 at 12:13 Posted in Just married 0 12

Hi, I finished my wedding in Sept and just received the wedding photos from my photographer, do people usually print out the photos and give them to your guests? I have many (like 1000+) so I have no idea which photos to print....also should I pick one of our wedding photo and print it as a thank you card and send them to our guests and vendors? Is it too late to give thank you card to them as it's already 2 months past my wedding.

What do you guys usually do after wedding? Please advise, thanks a lot.

12 Comments

Latest activity by Bianca, on January 8, 2019 at 07:49
  • Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I like the idea of using your wedding photos on your thank-you cards! And I agree with Tyanna that it's better late than never to send out thank-you cards (since they need to go out!).

• Tyanna
    Super June 2019 British Columbia
    Tyanna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Timing doesn't matter for them, but sending them is important!! I would choose just 1 or 2 photos to send, maybe a few extras for immediate family
  • Jennifer
    Super July 2019 Ontario
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

It is not too late to send a thank you card. ever. I get more mad that thank you cards don't get sent out vs late (I just think its rude not to send out a thank you after the wedding).

i recommend vista print. my friend took a photo. and did the postcard option (under marketing/business materials) because it was cheaper than a photo thank you card. and she wrote on the back her thank you. so then she didn't have to deal with envelopes.

• Stephanie
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Our photographer is doing the cards for us! But it's a combo with the photo we choose on the cover of the cards along with a thank you message printed on them!
  • K
    Expert September 2018 British Columbia
    Kim ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We selected a favourite photo and used it for a photo thank you card to all our guests, plus we ordered our parents' favourites as an 8 x 10 for each of them. I didn't send anything to the vendors - we were pleased with most of them and conveyed our thanks on our wedding day, but beyond that I think payment for services and gratuity on top of the verbal thanks was enough Smiley smile

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    2 methods i have seen as recieved:

1. Photo card with a persinal message to the guest. This being provided by the photographer part of the contract.

2. Photos sent in the card to keep in a frame after rather than throwing it. My cousin sent group pictures to each family ensuring every household got one.
  • Joey
    WeddingWire Admin May 2015 Maryland
    Joey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

It's totally up to you if you want to use thank you notes with a wedding picture, or without one. It's never too late to send a thank you note, so if you have not sent them yet I'd absolutely go for it, and including a photo is a nice personal touch Smiley smile

Would you like our help in deciding what photo to use?

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I'm not sure I will be asking my photographer to go around with us to get group pictures, it would probably take too much time when our guest list is set for 250. So since the photographer we are going to use is a friend of mine I will probably just spend a couple hours going through the unedited ones and tell her which one I look best in and send out that one Smiley tongue

• Carina
    Curious September 2018 Ontario
    Carina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thanks so much for your advice! Did you also print out guests' photos or group pictures and sent back to your guests?

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

For my wedding we are going to ask that our photographer gets a good picture of us edited asap so we can send the thank you cards out within the month - but if I wasn't doing that.... I would say that sending out the thank you cards could wait till for Christmas for me as well. I don't see people being upset about a late thank you card especially because of the Canada Post strike that we had.

• Brittany
    British Columbia
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

It's too late for you to do this now, but I'll be requesting one "Next Day Edit" photo from my photographer, and ordering the thank you cards, with a wedding photo on the front, before we leave for our honeymoon the next day... that way they will be arriving just after we get back... (And still within the Vistaprint sale window)...

However, now that you have your photos, I would say first: It's never too late to send a thank you card... and not sending them, in my opinion, would be very rude... Since you are considering including a wedding photo, people will understand you needed to wait for those.

I suggest looking into Vistaprint... they have up to 50% off Christmas cards right now... but as you can see by the mock-up I did, you can edit/change text/photos, etc, so you'd never know it was originally a Christmas card... I used one of my engagement photos as an example, but that's where you'd include your favourite wedding photo of the two of you (preferably more close-up).

So like I said, currently 50% off, so 75 of these would be $68.50! A great deal. You can also have that inside text, a generic comment that will be on everyone's card, then leave space to write your hand-written portion that thanks the specific guest for the gift they gave you.

Thank You CardThank you card and photos after wedding 1

• Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I've been to a wedding where the couple got married in August and their thank you cards came out around Christmas/New Year's.

Most people will probably expect a delay in the thank you cards since it takes time to get photos back/go through gifts/go on honeymoon, etc.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics