Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Alexandra
VIP November 2019 British Columbia

The Second Most Important Dresses!

Alexandra, on January 21, 2019 at 23:25 Posted in Wedding fashion 0 16
Good Evening Ladies!

I’m just over the 300 day mark (EEP) so it’s time for me to really buckle down and start thinking about bridesmaid dresses for real! I want to see your dresses/contenders! What made you guys fall for the dresses? Did you go all matching? Are they all the same colour? Anything goes these days!

These are my top three so far! I’ve picked things that will fit all my girls pretty well because I want them all in the same dress but I definitely don’t want anyone uncomfortable! And they’re all in my budget since I’m paying for them!

The Second Most Important Dresses! 1

The Second Most Important Dresses! 2

The Second Most Important Dresses! 3

16 Comments

Latest activity by Sydney, on January 24, 2019 at 20:55
  • Sydney
    Expert August 2018 Ontario
    Sydney ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    My bridesmaids wore the second dress and they all loved it! It suited everyone’s body types, and they found that (if they wanted) they could even wear a normal bra with them!
  • Toni Rose
    Frequent user October 2023 Ontario
    Toni Rose ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I am choosing a colour and fabric swatch and letting my girls pick whatever they want. They each have different body shapes and heights and I've never been okay with telling someone what to wear (I grew up being told what to wear up until my 20s - rebelled against it the whole time LOL). This way, my BMs feel comfortable and confident all day and their personalities can show through their dress choices.
  • Kelly
    Expert September 2019 Manitoba
    Kelly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We ordered online form Lulus. I saw a dress I liked, and I sent the girls a picture. I first made sure they were okay with the price and with ordering online, which they were. I also gave them an option of picking a different style in the same colour if they liked something else better. They ended up all liking the dress I chose though, so they will all be wearing the same one.

The Second Most Important Dresses! 4

• Amanda
    Super June 2019 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Between my fiance and I we have 4 bridesmaids and we let them pick their own dresses. our only colour is rose gold so we hoped they would at least all wear that but the style was totally up to them and no one has to match. They decided to go together and got their dresses last week. They picked 2 dresses so 2 will match in a rose gold sequins gown and the other 2 will match in a blush gown.
  • Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I've only got one member to my bridal party (sister as MOH), and I literally told her that she could get a dress in whatever colour or cut she wanted (just not white!). Luckily my sister and I have very similar tastes in dresses, so this was the one that we both liked.

It's from the Dessy Group, crepe material, and the colour is called "French truffle" Smiley smile

The Second Most Important Dresses! 5

• Julia
    Frequent user August 2019 Alberta
    Julia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are going the online route Smiley smile after A LOT or research I chose a site, ordered a colour swatch and picked about 10 favourites for my girls to choose from. They will all be knee length, and mint green chiffon but different styles!
  • Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I am letting my girls pick their own dresses but with the following criteria:

They all must be long dresses (preferable not satin) and,

2 girls will be in Turquoise, and 2 in purple. Or everyone in turquoise minus the MOH in purple.

Colour by Kenneth Winston has the colours I have in mind so I might point my girls towards that designer, but I'm not pushing it.

The effect will be similar to the photo below, minus the extra bridesmaid in purple. Our flower girl will be in a tutu dress similar in the photo as well.

The Second Most Important Dresses! 6

• Janaya
    Expert August 2019 Saskatchewan
    Janaya ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I decided to get my ladies pick their own dresses. all I said was red, and knee length, with black heels . I really just want them to be comfortable and to be able to use the dress again!

• Becky
    VIP September 2019 Ontario
    Becky ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Love them! the middle is my favorite.

I picked 4 dresses and they are all around the same price point. One thing is nice where we are ordering from is you only have to pay 50% upfront and rest when pickup. Davids bridal does have sales though! I am in a wedding party and I ordered when there was a $40 off sale and their dresses are more reasonably priced.

I believe the dresses I picked will look nice on every body type. If not I will consider other dresses. My rules are: have to be long, no strapless, and needs to be modest. Some girls are heavier set in the chest and they tend to take it to next level in showing. I don't want to see that and want it to be more covering.

So far everyone seems to really like the dresses I picked out, just need to try on!

I will let my MOH's have different dresses though too.

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I will be letting my BM's pick their own dress as they will be paying for them and I want them to buy something they feel comfortable in, look good in, and can wear again. The only requests I have are: No V-neck, and that the colour matches the other BM's. Oh, and something to make the MOH stand apart whether that be she is the only one strapless, or long/short length, a belt etc. - they can decide.

• Peggy
    Super May 2019 Alberta
    Peggy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I picked the colour, and that I wanted floor length and preferably no satin, but otherwise my girls could pick the dress they wanted. Two picked the same one, one picked a different but complimentary one. One of the two girls that picked the same one is changing hers from a halter to regular straps, so that will make all three dresses different.

The Second Most Important Dresses! 7

The Second Most Important Dresses! 8

• Casey
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I am leaving it up to my girls to pick the style. But the length, colour and fabric will all be the same. My sister will pick hers first as she is the only one out of country and my MOH. Then if the other bridesmaids all want to match and like the same dress I am cool with that.
    These are my favourite ones, but there are so many more options that they can choose from

The Second Most Important Dresses! 9

The Second Most Important Dresses! 10

The Second Most Important Dresses! 11
  • Stephanie
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Same colour and dress for all the girls (one shoulder) except for my MOH who is getting the second dress! A high neck was a request from them so we chose these! I love the lace at the side it gives the dress a hint of sexy without being too much!

The Second Most Important Dresses! 12

The Second Most Important Dresses! 13
  • Katrin
    Frequent user September 2019 Ontario
    Katrin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I love that second you you picked out! Gorgeous. My bridesmaids and my partner's bridesmaids are all going to be wearing different dresses but a similar colour scheme.

• Holly
    VIP June 2019 Ontario
    Holly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I let my girls pick their own dresses but all in the same colour, fabric and by the same designer. They are 'Desert Rose' colour, chiffon dresses by Morilee.
    From even before I was engaged I knew that my bridesmaids would not have the same dress. I am a huge fan of the different dresses look, plus it's benefitial for my girls because they could pick a dress that is their style and fits their body and personality best.

My favourite of yours is the last one, it's absolutely gorgeous! And your girls are lucky that you have it in your budget to pay for them!

The Second Most Important Dresses! 14

The Second Most Important Dresses! 15

The Second Most Important Dresses! 16

The Second Most Important Dresses! 17

The Second Most Important Dresses! 18
  • Julie
    Expert March 2019 Ontario
    Julie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I think all 3 dresses are lovely. I have 6 Girls szs XS - 3X from ages 15 -47 so finding dresses on a budget and a dress that I thought fit with our Wedding + a dress I hope they'd like was Tough. I chose 5 - 6 dresses from 1 bridal shop that gave me a price of $225.00 before tax no matter which dress was the Fav which was a great find & boy I worked very hard to find that deal. All my Girls are wearing the same dress. I did one big happy dance on the day we all agreed on the dress.

The Second Most Important Dresses! 19

The Second Most Important Dresses! 20

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics