Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

N
Newbie August 2019 Manitoba

Veil diy

Nadia, on January 22, 2019 at 10:28 Posted in DIY 0 7

Hi Ladies and Gents,

Anyone has experience adding crystals to their veil? I bought a finished veil from David's bridal and I love it but would like to ad some more crystals to it and was wondering if anyone knows the best way to do that? I'm afraid to use the heat as to not burn the material. I found crystals i need at michaels but what glue/method to use I have no clue. Any suggestions?

7 Comments

Latest activity by Becky, on May 7, 2019 at 13:42
  • Becky
    VIP September 2019 Ontario
    Becky ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Can't wait to see ! Make a new post in DIY and this way everyone who hasn't seen this thread can see it! I am glad all these ladies were able to help you out!

• N
    Nadia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Hello Becky! Thanks so much for asking!

Its working out really well. Project in under way, I will need a few more nights to compete it BUT I followed the advice all the lovely ladies gave me and got the hot gun for the Swarovski crystals and its so easy. I'm really enjoying the process. Will definitely post a picture when it will be complete, my deadline is May 25, so by then it should be up. I actually had to step up the hair comb game too with the bedazzled veil. Cant wait to see the final work, getting very excited.

Will be in touch when its done Smiley smile))

• Becky
    VIP September 2019 Ontario
    Becky ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

HI Nadia,

How did your veil turn out? were you able to find the proper material to complete the look you wanted?

• Cherry
    Devoted October 2019 Quebec
    Cherry ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I am using hot fix gun to glue Swarovski crystals to all the veils I am selling, double sides. But you have to be careful not to let the gun touches the veil else it will burn the material.

Double sided crystalsVeil diy 1

• N
    Nadia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Thank you Ladies! This helps.

• S
    Frequent user October 2019 Ontario
    Sarah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My sister is going to use a hot fix gun to add Swarovski crystals to my dress. But the crystals have to be hot fix ones. They leave no residue or glue marks
  • Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

You can still use a glue gun, but you can buy ones that are lower in temperature for fabrics. I have a duo temp one that I bought years ago that has come in handy.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics