Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Corabelle
Curious July 2021 Alberta

Weather plan b

Corabelle, on June 24, 2019 at 01:10 Posted in Wedding ceremony 0 9
So my fiance and I are getting married next year and we want an outdoor ceremony. What are some ideas for a plan B in July. Knowing Alberta it's either going to be very hot or pouring rain at any second

9 Comments

Latest activity by Tori, on June 25, 2019 at 09:05
  • Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

What about having the wedding favours be hand fans for if it's super hot? As for if it rains - I would just say to have a backup location. Although for my wedding if it rains... people can just not attend? lol I'm okay with getting a little (or a lot) wet and just have umbrella's for us on standby!

• Corabelle
    Corabelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I meant for the suggestions lol
  • Corabelle
    Corabelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks for your message
  • Brittany
    Devoted August 2019 Alberta
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I think the citadel is all tropical plants.. And it is open to the public when not booked. So you could go wander through and see how it affects your allergies?

Definitely stock up on the allergy meds either way!

Also maybe look in to a park with a Gazebo? Won't help if it's thunder storming. But may provide enough shelter from really sunny, or slightly rainy days.

https://www.edmonton.ca/attractions_events/rentals_event_planning/weddings.aspx

• Corabelle
    Corabelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I'll look into it, I'm allergic to everything outside, so having an outdoor ceremony is already going to be a little hard of my system. But we both want an outdoor ceremony

• Brittany
    Devoted August 2019 Alberta
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Depending on venue some have back up locations included in your contract. Ours does, it is not great.. but here is to hoping we don't have to use it.

We bought clear umbrellas and are just hoping that if it does rain, it's light enough to still be outside.

You could also get a tent? But it would have to be set up before hand and I think you need permits... may take away from the magic a bit.

If you want that outdoor feel.. but the certainty of being indoors... you could look in to spaces like the Muttart. The pyramids are beautiful, lots of greenery and flowers, and natural light, while being sheltered.

The citadel theater downtown has a garden level you can book as well. Huge indoor garden atrium thing.. I think it even has waterfalls?

• Corabelle
    Corabelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Venue has not been booked yet, but working on it
  • Seleena
    Super September 2019 British Columbia
    Seleena ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I would look at venues with indoor/outdoor options. It would be better to have a backup plan in a venue knowing they can change at the last minute. If not, some people do still have outdoor ceremonies and use umbrellas so they don't get wet.

• Chelsea
    Super June 2020 Alberta
    Chelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Have you booked your venues yet? perhaps your reception venue could work as a backup!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics