Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Christine
Curious September 2018 Nova Scotia

Wedding invitations timeline program

Christine, on April 20, 2018 at 03:48 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 14
So I've received my wedding invitations in the mail a couple weeks ago and I love them! But I can't stop thinking about something my grandmother brought to my attention.
On the invitation it says our names the date starting time and the church address under the church address I put the reseption address but didn't put a time because I guess I assumed people would know to go there directly after the ceremony for food and drinks while we got pictures done
at the reception hall I'll have a timeline for everyone to see when thing would be taking place should I so should I
A) reorder invitations with the time on it B) add a program to the invitations or
C) just leave it how it is
Or any other suggestions?

14 Comments

Latest activity by Bianca, on April 25, 2018 at 20:59
  • Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Is the RSVP option on your website? If so, then just add it onto the website, if not then add it as a program with the time. Announcing it at the ceremony could work, but what about those who can only make it to the reception?

Hope it all works out for you!

• Candace
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Candace ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I wouldn't reprint them, I think putting it on the website and having a sign or mentioning it at the ceremony is enough
  • Lor
    Frequent user August 2018 Ontario
    Lor ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I also agree with this.

• Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I would just put the information on your wedding website and make a small announcement during the ceremony.

• Courtney
    Super July 2018 Ontario
    Courtney ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

This seems to cover all the bases. I agree, just make a mention at the ceremony.

• Stephanie
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I agree with the others! On the website should be fine!

Plus I'm sure most people will assume it's either soon or right after! Plus if some people don't know for sure, they will ask or follow others it's fine! Don't worry about re-printing!

• Jennifer
    Super August 2018 Alberta
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I agree with the other ladies to just leave it and you can put it on your wedding website if you’re using one if not you can have your officiant announce it after the ceremony or both. Smiley smile
  • Colleen
    Curious October 2018 Alberta
    Colleen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I would leave them as is. I also created a wedding website and find you let everyone know all the additional information on it.

• Christine
    Curious September 2018 Nova Scotia
    Christine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I had started a website but then didn't see the need for it, now I'm thinking maybe I should have. I will be having programs tho so maybe I'll just add it to that.
  • Joey
    WeddingWire Admin May 2015 Maryland
    Joey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'd leave it how it is. Will you also have a wedding website? That could be an easy way to spread the word that the reception will directly follow.

If you'll have ceremony programs you can add it to that, and you can have your ushers spread the word too

• Sara
    Devoted October 2018 Ontario
    Sara ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Also, just tell people. I sure the word of mouth method will work great. Otherwise, like everyone else said put it on your website as extra info never hurts and/or your officiant can make an announcement as soon as the ceremony is done - I went to a wedding that did that.

• Jessica
    Super March 2018 Ontario
    Jessica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I didn't have a time on my invites for the reception. I just said "Reception to follow" and the location. I did put the information on my wedding website, but some of my older guests didn't see it. Those that needed it, just gave us a call or asked someone. We did make an announcement as well at the ceremony and it all seemed to work out. I wouldn't waste your money on reprinting.

• Chloe
    Super May 2018 Ontario
    Chloe ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Yeah, you can put it on the wedding website, and you can put it in ceremony programs if you have those!
  • Jen
    VIP June 2018 Ontario
    Jen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I would just leave it how it is and after the ceremony have somebody make an announcement to head to the reception space. Or, put it on your wedding website and direct people there.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics