Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Sharlene
Expert August 2019 Alberta

Wellness cleanse

Sharlene, on February 6, 2019 at 12:01 Posted in Beauty 0 19

I booked my first dress fitting and it has caused me to be a bit fearful about how the dress will fit. Has anyone had great success with a cleanse or something else to help with shedding some extra pounds?

19 Comments

Latest activity by Brookelan, on May 14, 2019 at 11:55
  • Brookelan
    Newbie November 2019 Alberta
    Brookelan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I’m so glad someone said it!! It can also be fatal or cause long term problems if you don’t have the right balance and should be testing it daily with the right resources! Honestly couldn’t agree with everything you said and more! So awesome you are recovered and able to share your experience to help others!!
  • Leah
    VIP April 2019 British Columbia
    Leah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    F45 is 45 minutes HIIT circuit training. They have locations all over the place and I go 4-6 days a weeks.

They have an 8 week challenge and I’m participating in that. It ends in April.

I’m also participating in a 100 Day Strong and Sexy Challenge that started in December and ends in March.

• Sarah
    Expert August 2021 British Columbia
    Sarah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    What is the F45 challenge?
  • Sarah
    Expert August 2021 British Columbia
    Sarah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I’m going to take your advice and stop eating after 7 as well lol
  • Toni Rose
    Frequent user October 2023 Ontario
    Toni Rose ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I see lots of advice here on going Keto .. and I wont tell you what to do with your body or how to eat. Just keep in mind Keto means depriving your body of carbohydrates which is something your cells need to reproduce and live. You're basically starving your body on essential nutrients which means IF you decide to go back to your regular diet you'll likely gain more weight since your cells are 'dying' & are trying to regain what they lost. And I really doubt you want to gain back what you worked hard to lose. If you were to go this route I'd suggest involving some sort of work out as well- something you enjoy so working out is fun Smiley smile I really enjoy yoga for something slow or a dance class for something more upbeat -- and you can find all this on YouTube so you dont have to spend extra on lessons or classes. (I'm a recovered anorexic-bulimic and have literally been on every crash diet. None has worked better than eating healthy regularly and exercising a normal amount).
  • Mary
    Curious October 2019 Ontario
    Mary ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

No food after 7pm! Its hard (trust me I know how hard since I do night shifts ) but it really works when you stop eating before bedtime !

• A
    Frequent user June 2019 Ontario
    Allyson ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    OK, I'm a goof and I don't know how to pm people. 😂 Anyways, here's the link...https://m.facebook.com/groups/706599502723006?multi_permalinks=2007513189298291&notif_t=group_highlights&notif_id=1549501593061693&ref=m_notif

They're really supportive but tough. I joined because I needed support that wasn't going to let me off the hook when I "slipped up" with a bag of potato chips. A few of my online friends have been in it for a bit and had huge results. They also don't have you adding a bunch of fat to your diet. There's tonnes of saved resources in the group too.

Good luck, let us know how you do!
  • Sharlene
    Sharlene ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That is awesome news. I am very happy for you Allyson. Please do send me a PM about the Facebook group.

• A
    Frequent user June 2019 Ontario
    Allyson ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I'll say ditto about Keto. I got super frustrated last year that I couldn't budge the weight from my last baby or 4, 3 years grad school and just being 45. I tried Keto in desperation after all other attempts and I'm doing well. I even tried on a size 10 dress being sold privately sold, absolutely certain it wouldn't fit....it did! It was my dream dress too!
    I'm adding in workouts/weights to tone too.
    If you're interested there's a really good FB group I can pm you.
  • Sharlene
    Sharlene ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Thank you everyone. I have heard good things about Keto. Many people have had great success.

• Sharlene
    Sharlene ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

PM sent to you Helene. I have not heard about this and would like to learn more.

• Brittany
    British Columbia
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

The cleanses aren't what you want to go with. You could bounce back even more right after your fitting...

I know it's cliche, but honestly, I joined Weight Watcher's when we got engaged. Honestly, if you join that, and follow it properly, you can lose a lot of weight. No starving, no juice cleanses, you don't even have to do extra exercise. I took it pretty easy all year and still lost 34 pounds.

• Michelle
    Expert April 2019 Alberta
    Michelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Keto worked extremely well for me two years ago to lose 35 pounds. FH went on it last year and lost 15. Just make sure you're getting enough protein!

• Joanne
    Beginner July 2019 Nova Scotia
    Joanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    The dress that I bought back in November was a sale item which means it’s the last of its kind. It’s a beautiful dress but the only problem was it was two sizes smaller. I couldn’t close the button from my lower back to the top. I really wanted this dress and the price was perfect as I didn’t want to spent more than $1k for the dress. So I went on major workout mode. I was the gym (till now) 4-5 times a week....sometimes a week. I also went (still am) on a lazy Keto with intermittent fast 15:9. When my dress finally arrived three weeks ago from the dry cleaners in Toronto, i tried it on. Long and behold, within two months my dress firsts perfectly with lots of extra room. I would post pictures because I’m so proud of it but I don’t want my fiancé to see my wedding dress...yet. Keto works for me. My first fitting is in March. Im hoping to lose a few more inches on my back and arms. Every weight lost after that...is a bonus.
  • Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Okay, so this is not the best method for long-term weight loss but I've been successful when I've done The Scarsdale Diet. It's from the 70s and it gets results. The one thing is you have to follow it to a T for it to work. I do it whenever I'm looking to lose a bit of weight and it always works. Keeping the weight off long-term... not so much lol.

• Leah
    VIP April 2019 British Columbia
    Leah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I’m currently doing the F45 challenge and love it.

I’m also trying to ensure I drink 2-4 litres of water a day.
  • Hélène
    Devoted September 2019 Alberta
    Hélène ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    What’s worked for me is carb cycling and intermittent fasting.
    Feel free to PM me if you want more info.
  • Casey
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Any of those cleanses and fad diets are not the best for you! We did Keto for 2 months and lost quite a bit of weight. Not super sustainable for us with FH family being Italian.
    The best thing is to eat healthy and exercise.
    I loved all the Keto recipes I found and still cook them, but we still treat ourselves once in a while! Balance is key!
  • Stephanie
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

If by cleanse you mean a liquid cleanse they really are not good for you... a quick way to look weight sure but they can be horribly for your health and not a good way to keep the weight off, it's one of those thing you'll likely end up gaining it back real quick! Also on top of just shedding pounds it's important to do even some light exercises to ensure you are tightening and toning your body as well! Fat loss is great but you want to tighten your muscles and skin up too!

I have personally been on the Keto diet for the past month and really loving it! Learning about what foods contain carbs and how to train your body to burn fat in a better way has been hugely helpful for my health and body weight goals! Check it out! It's a longer term diet instead of a crash diet but I am finding it working really well!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics